Summary of political beliefs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:22:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Summary of political beliefs (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Summary of political beliefs  (Read 567618 times)
Sea-Spit
Rookie
United States

« on: April 01, 2022, 03:31:44 AM »

Generally I'd say I'm to the left of Biden but to the right of Bernie.

Social Issues: I'd say I'm pretty Libertarian on most social issues. I support things like Roe, LGBTQ+ rights, and gun ownership (with common sense restrictions to ensure that we can use guns responsibly for the good of the public.) I'm indifferent to a lot of culture war issues since it's usually distracting from actual issues that affect the majority of us (who tf cares if a trans kid joins a sports team when most Americans can't afford to own a home?) All in all to sum up my positions on social issues "If they aren't actively hurting anybody or disrupting the peace then leave them alone.

Economic Issues: I'm very much Center Left on economic issues. I think the biggest mistake this country made was deregulating the economy and slashing the social safety net. It is because of this bad public policy making that we lag behind other industrialized nations in terms of health and quality of life. I think trade unions do more good than harm and that we should be doing anything possible to grow the middle class. I'm all for raising taxes when they ought to be raised, and cutting them when they ought to be cut. I do agree that we need to raise the minimum wage but it should be proportional to the cost of living of the states individually rather than nationally, twelve dollars goes a long way in rural Kentucky than it does in urban California.

Other issues: I support reforming the electoral college to be fairer for both parties.
Most states should have independent commissions for redistricting.
The number of seats in the house should be increased in accordance with our population now.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies