Emerson: UT (McMullin +4), NH (Clinton +8), PA (Clinton +4), MO (Trump +8) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 03:09:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  Emerson: UT (McMullin +4), NH (Clinton +8), PA (Clinton +4), MO (Trump +8) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Emerson: UT (McMullin +4), NH (Clinton +8), PA (Clinton +4), MO (Trump +8)  (Read 5920 times)
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: October 19, 2016, 03:12:19 PM »

It is Emerson, but this is fantastic news for McMullin. This will continue the feedback loop as mentioned.
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 04:22:10 PM »

It seems that in 538, the favorability towards trump winning Utah is because of the YouGov poll taken from Oct 12-14.
It shows a trump +17 (adjusted +15), and 538 has "weighed" it considerably heavy/high.
Otherwise, Utah would be a toss-up 3-way battle between trump, Clinton and McMullin.

Which is ridiculous. YouGov deliberately lowered McMullin's numbers by not including him in the question or the answer, you had to choose "other" first.

Yeah, it was a BS poll.

Nice!
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 04:58:07 PM »

Junk pollster or not, these polls give McMuffin the free media publicity he needs to to solidify his numbers in Utah.

I am wondering though if he will carry any counties in the Mormon part of southern Idaho.

I'd guarantee that he'll get some counties in Idaho. Madison County for sure (contains Rexburg, home of BYU-Idaho).

My prediction:

Based in part on this map:

RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 08:16:49 PM »

Junk pollster or not, these polls give McMuffin the free media publicity he needs to to solidify his numbers in Utah.

I am wondering though if he will carry any counties in the Mormon part of southern Idaho.

I'd guarantee that he'll get some counties in Idaho. Madison County for sure (contains Rexburg, home of BYU-Idaho).

My prediction:

Based in part on this map:

(Resubmitted because the post got bumped by the poll being added)
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2016, 11:15:35 AM »

Probably the southeastern edge of Idaho, which is very Mormon. Definitely Madison County, which as previously noted, is where BYU Idaho is.

Side note on Utah, 21 out of 29 Utah counties have vote by mail, and have already been voting since the 13th or so. So if McMullin is getting a lot of votes from vote-by-mail, there's a good chance that he'll get a similar result on Election Day itself.

Couldn't that actually be bad for McMullin? His poll numbers have been rising over the last week, so the early numbers could be worse than the Election Day results.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies