2009 New Jersey Governor's Race (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 10:47:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2009 New Jersey Governor's Race (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: 2009 New Jersey Governor's Race  (Read 320130 times)
East Coast Republican

« on: May 28, 2009, 08:05:33 PM »
« edited: May 28, 2009, 08:11:42 PM by East Coast Republican »

OH EMMM GEEE FIRST POST EVER LAWLZZZZ

KeystonePhil, maybe he thinks you're against Christie because you've been really critical of Republicans in Jersey and have been the first to criticize all poll numbers.  I know that when Christie started pulling ahead back in January you dismissed the numbers as insignificant.  Even when 5 polls showed him ahead you were still dismissive.  It took, what, 10 polls for you to finally say 'Ok, he has a shot.'  For a while, it appeared that you were just like the fake Senator from your state-it was hard to determine what side you wanted to succeed.

I know you want Christie to win but your lack of enthusiasm is really bothering a couple of other people here-but not me.
East Coast Republican

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 09:01:25 AM »
« Edited: June 03, 2009, 09:03:45 AM by East Coast Republican »

Governor Corzine is already fighting back.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2009/06/gov_corzine_argues_chris_chris.html

He's sounding the abortion alarm!  At the end of the day, make it about everything else EXCEPT the main thing that matters to most people.  Seriously who cares about abortion and that he was appointed by President Bush?

Oh I just remembered this is NJ!   This has been a successful tactic in blue states like Jersey...Corzine is very desperate and it shows.  This is amusing and it would be laughable if NJ was filled with voters that actually considered real issues like hmmmm taxes and the NJTP debacle instead of minor arguments about values and worrying about whether the Republican candidate is a spawn of the southern religious right Republican organization.

Oh and KeystonePhil, are you done having a mental spaz out/meltdown over your belief that Lonegan was somehow going to upset Christie?

:-)
East Coast Republican

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 07:24:18 PM »

Phil, you're wrong.

Yes, that guy above you was/is dead wrong about Pennsylvania.  People who thought President Bush even had a chance at Jersey in 2004 were smoking a little too much GOP weed.  The numbers just weren't there to result in any plausible victory and Bush only lead in one (I believe) poll and was tied in another in july/august...he never even had a real lead in contrast to Pennsylvania.

Now, your prissy 'Waaa Christie has no chance look at the pollssss the polllssss!'

Ummm, I am looking at the polls and Christie is holding strong and Corzine is staying in the same place IF NOT getting weaker.  So Corzine climbed into the 40s.  NOOOOO REALLY?!  Sound the freaking fire alarm!  If Christie breaking 50% is due to a primary bounce, did it ever occur to you that the same reasoning could be applied to Corzine's impassioned speech to NJ Democrats?  Ya see, your extremely flawed reasoning could go either way but there certainly is one thing that is true: Christie is in a remarkably strong position to kick this tax czar out of office.  

Oh and I expect Corzine to break into the 40s as the election gets closer.  A little information on polls: candidate support increases as elections draw near...duh!  Christie and Corzine's numbers are both going up but guess who's keeping pace with Corzine's gains and increasing on them in other polls?  Yup....Chris Christie.  Jersey is a blue state but those other elections you keep referring to are not the rule for all future elections in Jersey.  We got a governor with support in the 30s, negatives in the 50s.  The only downfall for Christie is that his 'no opinion' stands at 46%.  SO, I do expect this race to get significantly closer but I don't expect it to result in a sudden Democratic swing of 15% between now and election day.  REPEAT: I DO NOT THINK CORZINE WILL WIN BY 10 OR MORE POINTS.  If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong but at least im using educated guesses to predict how the race will turn out.  You speak as if Christie's defeat is bound to happen but as I said, those past situations had completely different poll numbers/negative/approval numbers and you know this.  Your talk of eventual defeat is ridiculous and at the very worst extremely ignorant.

On a final note, I'm not pleased to see some of the so-called analyses from experienced members on this site.  People here the other day were calling Bergen and Passaic for Lonegan...and I think whoever said that actually still lived in Jersey.  Anybody who has lived in Jersey a looong time shouldve known that Bergen and Passaic weren't going for Lonegan-there is a different breed of Republicanism in those counties and known Lonegan didn't cater to those kind even though he's in Bergen.

This concludes my newbie rant.  I just couldn't stand to see Phil continuously tear down great arguments in favor of Christie with his very weak arguments.  Do your worst with my argument Phillip!
East Coast Republican

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 07:36:16 PM »
« Edited: June 10, 2009, 07:40:28 PM by East Coast Republican »

It's not rambling nonsense.  I don't have hours to spend on this forum for days on end so I just consolidate all of my points into one big post.  I guess you have trouble reading anything longer than 3 sentences...especially if it makes good points.

Yes, Christie has his work cut out for him with the Bush appointee crap but this is far from a lost cause.  This is 100000 miles from 2004.  Why can't y

I hope you do bump it regardless of what happens.  I'll definitely bump it IF Christie wins-but just for you, I'll be bumping it regardless.

How you like that Phillip with TWO Ls?
East Coast Republican

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 07:47:16 PM »

Oh I'll be here to admit if I'm wrong punk.

Are you implying that I'm some troll who was already a member here and joined just to troll you?  That's beyond weak.

FYI: I'm 20 but when I speak with smug people online, I talk to them the way they deserve it.  You say I act like a ten year old?  You can't even admit Christie has a 'decent' shot at da governa race! 
East Coast Republican

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 06:37:18 PM »

While excitement after primary victories certainly plays a role in polling, Christie has been leading consistently for months at margins of 7-10%.  I do suspect we'll see the real numbers in about a month as Corzine starts to open up his reelection campaign.

Even then, I don't see how it could evaporate (in a single month) Christie's built in lead from these past months.  So, Christie does have a genuine lead at this time-but it's most likely not over 10%.  Whether Christie can hold it against the Democratic Machine in Jersey is another story.

SIDE TRACK: Same thing about primary excitement goes for VA except I think Deeds might have a very small genuine lead over McDonnell...let's see if he can hold it.

Ya...that's basically everything I've been trying to say about this race over the past couple of days.
East Coast Republican

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 05:14:20 PM »

56% approval for the President seems about 8-10% too low.  Where are the internals of this poll?
East Coast Republican

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2009, 08:20:47 AM »

When is there going to be another NJ poll?

The whole Gubernatorial section of the forum is falling off a cliff.  Come on I need another NJ Poll! 

I pray to the Polling gods to bring another poll on thy blessed Earth.  May we reap the benefits of discussion and analysis of these polls from the honorable polling firms such as Rasmussen Reports and Quinnipiac-noble soothsayers of the divine fortunes of Governor Corzine and his noble yet loyal opponent Christie.
East Coast Republican

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2009, 04:36:42 PM »

SOMETHING interesting hasn't been noted here YET.

It's also absent from the partisan people over at blue jersey and daily kos.

Corzine has not broken out of the 30s or past 40%-not once.  Over the past months he has not got out of that range.  Now, Christie has never gone below 45%.

Interesting, right?  I think that's good for Christie but I'm still extremely (hmmm what's a good word..)-unsettled-about this race. 
East Coast Republican

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2009, 04:48:01 PM »

I wonder what this will do to Corzine's numbers.

Hey, Phillip!  Saw you had my post deleted a couple of pages back.  Real smooth.  Why don't you deal with criticism instead of being a big poopy faced complainer to administrators.
East Coast Republican

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2009, 12:10:57 PM »

Whatever the results, the Cprzine spin on the poll numbers will disgust me.  His whole campaign disgusts me actually but not being able to poke fun at themselves last week (Christie's 'news conference) shows how desperate they really are to take ANYTHING and run with it.  I expect no less from them after the release of the Quinnipiac poll tomorrow.

I hope the poll doesn't give Corzine a genuine reason to get excited (only down by 1-4% in September that sort of thing).
East Coast Republican

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2009, 01:59:45 PM »

Public Policy Polling just twatted on twitter that 15% of Democrats are voting for Daggett.

Yeah I mean I don't know what that means for his numbers against Christie and I'm not even going to try to guess.  He could have solidified his Democratic margins by around 10-15% because in the last poll he was only getting 64% of Democrats so....80% of Democrats now support Corzine with Independents moving towards Corzine and reducing Christie's lead among indies?

OR this twat could mean that Corzine is still hovering in the 65-75 range of Dems and Christie is still rocking.

The purpose of PPPs twats is to hint at what the overall result is and I don't understand what this twat wants us to believe.

They also said that while Christie's negatives have gone up by 9%, Corzine's have also increased by 4%.

Anybody want to guess the poll numbers for tomorrow based on the twat?
East Coast Republican

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2009, 03:51:57 PM »

47-44.  Christie's on top.

I'd tell you more and stuff about Daggett but Rasmussen hasn't fixed their link to the poll yet.
East Coast Republican

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2009, 03:50:24 PM »

NYTimes?!

Corzine by 5 or more.  If they show Christie leading Ill be surprised.

Rasmussen showed 45-41 Christie today but you didn't mention that Tender.  I wonder why hmmm.
East Coast Republican

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2009, 05:36:57 PM »

NYTimes is using RV?

Well Corzine by 2 or 3 is definitely wrong then.

Corzine up by 5-8! 
East Coast Republican

« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2009, 07:00:01 PM »

Where'd you hear that?

Smiley
East Coast Republican

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2009, 07:49:57 PM »

You already said that on the HHReport Smiley

Lol I thought hmmm that could be the same guy but nah what are the odds? 
East Coast Republican

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2009, 12:44:07 AM »
« Edited: October 16, 2009, 12:53:35 AM by East Coast Republican »

Poll is garbage for obvious reasons that I'm not going into.

And NO, it's not garbage because Corzine is leading by 1% so nice try to future posters trying to play gotcha with me.   Christie with a -18 favorability?  Registered Voters?  I could go on and on but why bother?  Corzine's leading and we all know this poll is great and East Coast Republican is just annoyed because Corzine leads by 1%.

Yup that's all wrap it up people nothing to see here.

East Coast Republican

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2009, 11:56:06 AM »

Christie's defense was anything but S-T-U-P-I-D Lunar.  It was S-M-A-R-T.  I know it is because it seems to have really P-I-S-S-E-D Y-O-U O-F-F.

Christie might have been wrong to not significantly hammer hard on anything policy wise but his weight statement was anything but stupid and more than a pansy schoolgirl moment.  He made people laugh when he said he was slightly overweight (hey Eraserhead, it's called sarcasm).  Whether you want to admit it or not, the majority of people in the country have struggled with their weight at one time or another or are still fat and it is thrown around as a random insult.  It was a rare moment where a candidate used the sympathy card to full advantage...which you wouldn't understand but hey, that's why you don't run campaigns Smiley

But relax Lunar.  The Yankees were playing game 1 last night of the ALCS and I doubt many people are even going to read about this debate because ya know, in the normal world where people don't get on internet forums with avatars of their state and write thousands of posts, people are doing things like work and taking care of their kids or watching the Yankees.
East Coast Republican

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2009, 11:06:59 PM »

Yeah ok ERASHERHEAD

Why don't you keep your dailykos bluejersey crap to yourself.  Talk about tearing a page out of the far left playbook.  'Rethuglicrats are the enemy.  Progressivism rocks.  Blah blah blah.'

Sometimes you gotta ditch the ideology and think with your brain.  Corzine sucks.  He's a bad Governor and lied to the people of NJ.  Taxes UP.  Tolls UP.  Affair with Katz head of CWU.  Upper Middle Class is fleeing the state (hmm that's basically everyone in NJ).  Job creation lags behing job loss even with his touted new businesses in Hudson.  He's now using his millions to destroy Christie and what's worse he's degrading towards African Americans and Homosexuals.   Feed me the dailykos garbage about how much he's done for Jersey for my entertainment.

This guy is the political equivalent of the devil.  If he wins, it's because of the fatal split caused by Daggett.  An incumbent winning with 8-10% less of the vote he received the first time around doesn't mean he rocks especially if the new percentage is in the low 40s.
East Coast Republican

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2009, 11:38:25 PM »

You're vicious Erashersucker.

I'll go to hell when you admit that you're a partisan jackass who isn't a progressive at all.  KTHANKSBYE!  TTYL!  TA TA!  BBF 4 LIFE!  LOLZZ LOVE YA.
East Coast Republican

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2009, 12:49:35 AM »
« Edited: October 21, 2009, 12:51:08 AM by East Coast Republican »

I'm sorry.  Let me make myself more clear.

Corzine continues to lie through his fake smiles that he's creating more jobs than Jersey is losing...or at the very least covering up what is actually happening.  It's just another lie in a long series of lies.  I like how you use the typical debate diversion tactic of shifting to something that has no relation to what is being argued.

Charlie Crist, unlike Jon Corzine, is not a chronic liar about raising taxes, union negotiations and job creation.  Note his broad bipartisan appeal.  

So yes, you're right.  It is interesting that in a state where the unemployment is worse than NJ, the governor is actually being more honest than Jon Corzine.  In a state with worse unemployment, Crist has a higher approval rating and broad bipartisan support.  

Yup that's certainly interesting and you're still a partisan for the far left.  Oh and you failed to tell me any good things Corzine has done for NJ.  You just attacked.  High times for negative attacks.  It's the only thing that's going to save Corzine, not his record.
East Coast Republican

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2009, 01:21:43 AM »

Tender Branson shows his bias by posting selective poll results once again.

Whether Christie wins or loses, one thing remains the same: You have no practical understanding of the NJ race but you want Corzine to win because you agree with his social positions.

Oh wait I'm so stupid social positions are important in this race.  Darn Tender you really do know a lot about this race!
East Coast Republican

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2009, 01:26:31 AM »

You're a lying Austrian and now you have degraded to profanity.

Have you no shame?
East Coast Republican

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2009, 01:33:34 AM »

Daggett at 20%?

Need more polls to confirm this...otherwise joke poll.  I'm not calling it a joke poll at all though.  If Daggett is going to start getting 17 18 19 19 20 20 17 in polls it's over for Christie.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies