Indictment-O-Rama, Act 3: Cohen Up the River
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 11:18:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Indictment-O-Rama, Act 3: Cohen Up the River
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 37
Author Topic: Indictment-O-Rama, Act 3: Cohen Up the River  (Read 77679 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: December 08, 2018, 08:36:11 AM »

Which emoji will Fox News be discussing today?

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #76 on: December 08, 2018, 09:09:24 AM »

Does anyone know when the investigation ends? Mueller seems to be a turtle

On the contrary, it has produced results much faster than most special counsel investigations.  538 has an article with a nice comparison chart at https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-mueller-investigation-keeps-growing-fast/.  Complex investigations take time.
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #77 on: December 08, 2018, 09:14:14 AM »

Trump is the American Nero.  Create an architectural fantasy for how America should look, burn down the America that is actually standing, all the while accusing others of arson.  
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #78 on: December 08, 2018, 09:43:41 AM »

John Dean on Cohen filing: Congress will have to 'start impeachment proceedings'
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #79 on: December 08, 2018, 10:44:03 AM »

I don't think it's wise for Dems to do that. Alas, they will do it and fail. At the end of the day, if they try, it'll be Clinton all over again. Newspaper headlines will flash: "TRUMP ACQUITTED".
Panda Express

« Reply #80 on: December 08, 2018, 10:50:50 AM »

I don't think it's wise for Dems to do that. Alas, they will do it and fail. At the end of the day, if they try, it'll be Clinton all over again. Newspaper headlines will flash: "TRUMP ACQUITTED".

While I dont think impeachment would succeed right now, there is a difference between Clinton and Trump. Most Americans support Mueller and his investigation.

Ken Starr on the other hand, was always extremely unpopular

Comparing what’s happening now to what happened during Bill Clinton makes no sense. This is uncharted territory.
Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #81 on: December 08, 2018, 10:56:03 AM »

Regardless of whether Trump himself is indicted and the Constitutional question of whether a sitting President can be indicted, the Trump Organization as a corporate entity is apparently likely to be indicted, according to Marcy Wheeler:

Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #82 on: December 08, 2018, 10:57:48 AM »

While I dont think impeachment would succeed right now, there is a difference between Clinton and Trump. Most Americans support Mueller and his investigation.

Comparing what’s happening now to what happened during Bill Clinton makes no sense. This is uncharted territory.

Again, all you guys have are polls. Polls. The same polls that had me sad on election night that Rich Cordray was gonna be my Governor, Andrew Gillum was going to be Governor of Florida, Rick Scott was gonna lose, Kim Reynolds was doomed, Donnelly might pull through, Hawley wasn't gonna win Missouri and Hillary Clinton was gonna win 350 electoral votes.

Without citing polls, tell me what the purpose of a year of dividing America when it will change nothing is? You can't kick him out of office. He could easily win again with or without impeachment from the Democrats. It could backlash, it might not. But what's the purpose of putting the country through it?
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #83 on: December 08, 2018, 11:01:52 AM »

Again, all you guys have are polls. Polls. The same polls that had me sad on election night that Rich Cordray was gonna be my Governor, Andrew Gillum was going to be Governor of Florida, Rick Scott was gonna lose, Kim Reynolds was doomed, Donnelly might pull through, Hawley wasn't gonna win Missouri and Hillary Clinton was gonna win 350 electoral votes.

Without citing polls, tell me what the purpose of a year of dividing America when it will change nothing is?

Uh, half of those things were never indicated in polling lmao. Reynolds was still leading in most polling, Missouri was consistently showing a small Hawley lead. And the “Hillary will win 350” came from media prognosticators, not polling.
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #84 on: December 08, 2018, 11:03:00 AM »

But what's the purpose of putting the country through it?

You are right. Trump should just resign to save America from all the pain and anguish of going through the process of dealing with him. It would be a noble and commendable action, putting the country before himself for the greater good.
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #85 on: December 08, 2018, 11:03:14 AM »

Republicans will have to face all the evidence of Trump's criminality and remember they're on the ballot as well in 2020.
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #86 on: December 08, 2018, 11:05:44 AM »

But what's the purpose of putting the country through it?

You are right. Trump should just resign to save America from all the pain and anguish of going through the process of dealing with him. It would be a noble and commendable action, putting the country before himself for the greater good.

So, more chance of me dating Jennifer Lawrence then.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #87 on: December 08, 2018, 11:07:08 AM »

Republicans will have to face all the evidence of Trump's criminality and remember they're on the ballot as well in 2020.

You guys keep acting like you are the winners. Quite frankly, the Democratic Party is in bad shape. You wanna cite polls? Nancy Pelosi is less popular than Donald Trump. Fact.
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #88 on: December 08, 2018, 11:10:35 AM »

You guys keep acting like you are the winners. Quite frankly, the Democratic Party is in bad shape. You wanna cite polls? Nancy Pelosi is less popular than Donald Trump. Fact.

The Democrats won the mid-terms by a greater share of the popular vote than the Republicans did in 1994.

Why cite polls when I can cite actual elections?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #89 on: December 08, 2018, 11:11:30 AM »

Did you happen to notice that there was just an election, and the Democrats won the House by a considerable margin? 

I don't usually say things like this here, but it's clear that you are an idiot.  Welcome to Ignore.
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #90 on: December 08, 2018, 11:14:43 AM »

Nancy Pelosi is more popular than Mitch McConnell. Fact.

Of course Pelosi is less popular than Trump. Congressional leaders are essentially always less popular than the President, regardless of which party the President/congressional leaders are.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #91 on: December 08, 2018, 11:24:07 AM »

Without citing polls, tell me what the purpose of a year of dividing America when it will change nothing is? You can't kick him out of office. He could easily win again with or without impeachment from the Democrats. It could backlash, it might not. But what's the purpose of putting the country through it?
Uh, the purpose of “putting the country through it” is that there is mounting evidence that the President has committed crimes, and there is a specific protocol outlined in the Constitution for what is supposed to happen when the president has committed crimes.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #92 on: December 08, 2018, 01:48:00 PM »

I'm amazed that there are still people trying to argue with Naso. The guy lives in his own Fox-sponsored fantasy world. Short of hitting him on the head with a sledgehammer he ain't going to wake up from the Matrix, no matter how many evidence you cite.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #93 on: December 08, 2018, 02:43:18 PM »

What is the point of dividing America? The Right has done its share to divide America for a long time. Start with the so-called Moral Majority in the 1970s. Only later came the Tea Party.

Nobody is now citing polls. I am  not predicting what the polling will be for President Trump next week.  Donald Trump never had the liberals and is finding conservatives who were more concerned about economics (regulatory relief, tax cuts) than anything else who could hold their noses and vote for Trump are leaving him. People who believe in freedom hold suspect a President who has sold out America to a country hostile to democracy.

The remaining question is whether Mike Pence has guilty knowledge about Trump activities. If he does, then he must also go.

The best that we might do is to have a conservative President with no taint of Trump. The optimal Republican President would be someone with the skill set of Reagan and the temperament of Eisenhower, which would be a conservative version of Barack Obama. Such a politician could win election in 2020, but the damage that two more years of Trump (or Pence should he be tainted) is not worth any Democratic advantage in 2020.   

I question whether Republican pols other than Trump got aid in 2016 that allowed them to win. We obviously can't re-litigate the House (now moot), but there might be some Senate seats.

Whether you are a liberal or a conservative, you must recognize that credibility of the system  matters far more than getting your way or getting some transitory advantage. America may have been in a conservative mood since 2010, but it has never been in the mood for corruption or fascism. Witch hunt? Witches of the Wicca sort are no threat. We have far worse to root out.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #94 on: December 08, 2018, 06:04:37 PM »

Best line of the week:

Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #95 on: December 08, 2018, 08:35:37 PM »

“They Think the Bomb’s Coming This Week”: In Trumpworld, They Know Someone Is Coming to Town, and It’s Not Santa

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #96 on: December 08, 2018, 08:59:59 PM »

Guys, nothing you say is going to change Reaganfan's mind, or if it does, he'll probably never admit it. He's the quintessential partisan bubble-conservative. He has been drinking his own kool-aid for so long that almost nothing else gets through. No matter what you throw at him, he has no shortage of excuses, deflections or rationalizations. It doesn't even matter that his party just got the wind knocked out of it, because there were a few high-profile governors races that he can zero in on and pretend like nothing else matters (although ironically if Republicans held the House, it would likely be his sole talking point).

In the end, he'll just wear you down through attrition.

Regardless of whether Trump himself is indicted and the Constitutional question of whether a sitting President can be indicted, the Trump Organization as a corporate entity is apparently likely to be indicted, according to Marcy Wheeler:

https://twitter.com/emptywheel/status/1071426854043693057

I'm not sure if it's going to happen, but I do recall reading that not only can the Trump Org be indicted (as you said), but so can the Trump campaign. And given everything that has happened up to this point, it's not that unlikely. It's definitely an appropriate compromise if Mueller believes Trump is guilty but can't be prosecuted due to his status as the American monarch president
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #97 on: December 08, 2018, 10:21:49 PM »

Best line of the week:

Shocked LOL!
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #98 on: December 09, 2018, 07:12:59 AM »

He has been drinking his own kool-aid for so long that almost nothing else gets through.

The irony of that expression is the Kool-Aid or (Flavor Aid) killed people at Jamestown...
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #99 on: December 09, 2018, 10:03:24 AM »

Robert Mueller, Eric Trump, and Donald Trump Jr. Appear on SNL
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 37  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies