Labor Party Standing Committee (10/12-6/13)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:05:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Labor Party Standing Committee (10/12-6/13)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22
Author Topic: Labor Party Standing Committee (10/12-6/13)  (Read 37072 times)
Kitteh
drj101
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #475 on: April 28, 2013, 01:21:24 AM »

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #476 on: April 28, 2013, 10:22:46 AM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Zanas
Zanas46
France

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #477 on: May 07, 2013, 07:38:22 AM »

Hey comrades. I'm taking a leave from my offices in Atlasia for the time being. That means mainly two things :
- you'll have to assign someone else to the Progressive Caucus Board, which I never actually joined, shame on me...
- you'll have to find someone to run to replace me in the regular IDS election in mid-May. Alfred had the intention to enter IDS politics, maybe it would be a good start ?
- potentially, we'll have to find someone fit for Speaker. I actually think Velasco would be qualified to be Speaker if he wants to. If he doesn't, then Dereich or Hash could do the trick.

Yeah, that's three things. Suck it. Wink
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #478 on: May 07, 2013, 03:35:18 PM »

Me for Legislature, Velasco for Speaker, who's the other board member besides you and me?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #479 on: May 07, 2013, 03:54:53 PM »

Bacon King
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #480 on: May 08, 2013, 06:51:04 AM »

I'd like to request the endorsement of the Labor Party in the upcoming elections for Mideast Assembly.

Since I joined Atlasia, I have been a voice for progressive policies and game reform. I agree with the vast majority of the Labor Platform. You might remember, in fact, that I was a Laborite candidate in my first campaign for Assembly.
Several people have noted, also, that I am quite active enough to properly carry out the duties of an Assemblyman. As a matter of fact, I already have drafted no less than four bills which I will hopefully introduce, ranging from a secret ballot amendment to an environmental protection bill.
And finally, I can work with people from all political positions to get things done. My recent budget initiative was supported by everyone from Gass and OAM to JCL and Oldiesfreak -- not exactly the closest to each other, ideologically speaking.

In short, I think I would be a good Assemblyman, and I hope you think the same.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #481 on: May 10, 2013, 09:26:54 PM »

I would like to request the Labor Party endorsement for Governor of the Northeast. I realize it is early, but better early than late as they say.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #482 on: May 13, 2013, 12:13:36 AM »
« Edited: May 13, 2013, 12:33:42 AM by GM Griffin »

So, we need to make endorsements in the ME Assembly race - sadly I've fallen behind on this. Seeing as how our schedule lists the deadlines for endorsement requests, I'm moving this straight to a vote.

Endorsement voting will last 48 hours.

IDS:

Automatic Endorsements:

[X] Alfred F. Jones (LAB-PR)

ME:

Automatic Endorsements:

[X] Gass3268 (LAB-WI)
[X] TNF (LAB-KY)

Voting on Endorsements:

[ ] a Person (LIG-IL)
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #483 on: May 13, 2013, 12:23:14 AM »

I think TNF gets an automatic endorsement too. Thanks for opening the vote though!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #484 on: May 13, 2013, 12:34:15 AM »

I think TNF gets an automatic endorsement too. Thanks for opening the vote though!

Thanks for the heads-up!
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #485 on: May 14, 2013, 12:08:00 AM »

IDS:

Automatic Endorsements:

ME:

Automatic Endorsements:

[X] Gass3268 (LAB-WI)
[X] TNF (LAB-KY)

Voting on Endorsements:

[X] a Person (LIG-IL)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #486 on: May 14, 2013, 12:09:52 AM »

IDS:

Automatic Endorsements:

ME:

Automatic Endorsements:

[X] Gass3268 (LAB-WI)
[X] TNF (LAB-KY)

Voting on Endorsements:

[X] a Person (LIG-IL)
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #487 on: May 14, 2013, 12:19:49 AM »

Is it too late to ask for the Labor endorsement in the ME? I declared a little late, in my defense.

Plus, I'm basically a Labor member anyway Tongue
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #488 on: May 14, 2013, 12:07:34 PM »

IDS:

Automatic Endorsements:

ME:

Automatic Endorsements:

[X] Gass3268 (LAB-WI)
[X] TNF (LAB-KY)

Voting on Endorsements:

[X] a Person (LIG-IL)

H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #489 on: May 14, 2013, 04:24:09 PM »

IDS:

Automatic Endorsements:

ME:

Automatic Endorsements:

[X] Gass3268 (LAB-WI)
[X] TNF (LAB-KY)

Voting on Endorsements:

[X] a Person (LIG-IL)

Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #490 on: May 14, 2013, 07:47:48 PM »

IDS:

Automatic Endorsements:

ME:

Automatic Endorsements:

[X] Gass3268 (LAB-WI)
[X] TNF (LAB-KY)

Voting on Endorsements:

[X] a Person (LIG-IL)

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #491 on: May 15, 2013, 03:05:43 AM »

Voting is now closed.

IDS Endorsements:

ME Endorsements:

[X] Gass3268 (LAB-WI)
[X] TNF (LAB-KY)
[X] a Person (LIG-IL)
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #492 on: May 15, 2013, 05:28:56 PM »

If it's not too early, I'd like to request the Labor Party endorsement for Northeast Senator.  I have and will continue to fight for the policies that will best serve our nation. Smiley
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #493 on: May 15, 2013, 05:45:03 PM »

I would like to request the Labor Party endorsement for Governor of the Northeast. I realize it is early, but better early than late as they say.

If it's not too early, I'd like to request the Labor Party endorsement for Northeast Senator.  I have and will continue to fight for the policies that will best serve our nation. Smiley

The formal request period for Labor Party nominations in the June elections will be between June 5-6 (I need to update our party endorsement calendar to accurately reflect this).
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #494 on: May 16, 2013, 12:18:59 PM »

What's going on with the whole ME thing.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #495 on: May 16, 2013, 10:07:01 PM »

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #496 on: May 27, 2013, 12:58:43 AM »

The Labor Party Convention has adopted the following as its new set of by-laws effective immediately.

I. CREATION & AMENDMENT OF PARTY BY-LAWS

1. The Chair, along with two Party members appointed by the Chair, will have the initial task of creating any proposed changes to the by-laws and will be in charge of initial changes in subsequent conventions. By-laws are then presented to the members at the convention, with members allowed to make objections and suggest changes to the by-laws.
    a. If there are no objections within 24 hours, the by-laws will be automatically approved.
    b. If there are objections, 24 hours will be given for the members to discuss and make changes as a group; more time can be given by the Politburo if necessary.
    c. Then a 72 hour vote will take place to approve or reject the by-laws.

2. The Chair may, in circumstances and times outside the convention, place on a caucus ballot any revisions, retractions and additions to the Labor Party by-laws assuming the motion receives verbal support from at least 25% of the caucus. If said threshold is attained, a voting booth will be opened immediately to either approve or reject the changes.

II. CREATION & AMENDMENT OF PARTY PLATFORM

1. The Vice Chair, along with two Party members appointed by the Vice Chair, will have the initial task of creating the Party platform and will be in charge of initial changes in subsequent conventions. Platform is then presented to the members, who will then be allowed to make objections and suggest changes to the platform.
    a. If there are no objections within 24 hours, the platform will be automatically approved.
    b. If there are objections, 24 hours will be given for the members to discuss and make changes as a group; more time can be given by the Politburo if necessary.
    c. Then a 72 hour vote will take place to approve or reject the platform.

2. The Vice-Chair may, in circumstances and times outside the convention, place on a caucus ballot any revisions, retractions and additions to the Labor Party platform assuming the motion receives verbal support from at least 25% of the caucus. If said threshold is attained, a voting booth will be opened immediately to either approve or reject the changes.

III. ESTABLISHMENT & MANAGEMENT OF CONVENTIONS

1. Convention will start one month before the Atlasia Presidential Election, with the location of the convention rotating among the five regions of Atlasia in the following order: Mideast, Imperial Dominion, Pacific, Northeast and Midwest.

2. Establishing the next convention shall employ the following process: Each Member is given 24 hours to nominate one city in the given region assigned for the next convention, with the top three (3) nominations being placed on the ballot. Members will be given 24 hours to select their choice.

3. Each convention will have the following agenda:
   a. Updating and amending the Party by-laws
   b. Updating and amending the Party platform
   c. Endorsements for the upcoming Atlasia Federal Elections
   d. Special and irregular business put forward by the Politburo
   e. Establishing the date and city for the upcoming convention

IV. ELECTION OF THE POLITBURO

1. Members will have 48 hours to declare that they wish to seek the following positions, beginning on the fourth Friday of February, June and October: Chair, Vice-Chair, General Secretary & Attorney-at-Law. There will then be 72 hours for campaigning, followed by a 48 hour election.

V. ROLES OF THE POLITBURO

1. Chairman
   a. The official leader of the Labor Party, unless there is a Labor Party President
   b. Is in charge of the convention process
   c. Officiates Party voting
   d. Giving the Vice Chairman and the General Secretary goals and objectives for their given jobs
   e. Is in charge of Party political strategy
   f. Is allowed to create and/or appoint other Party officials as he or she sees fit, including Regional Co-Ordinators
   g. Is in charge of creating and updating the by-laws at the Party convention with the assistance of a personally-appointed committee
   h. Ensures insubordination by other members of the Politburo is handled within the caucus

2. Vice Chairman
   a. Takes over for the Chairman temporarily if the Chairman requests a leave of absence or has been absent for 48 hours
   b. Is in charge of Party recruitment in order to grow the Party
   c. Responsible for keeping up with business on the Federal and Regional levels and making sure that the Labor Party has an official stance on the issue; this will be done in collaboration with the rest of the Politburo and the advice of the Party
   d. Deals with logistics and personnel
   e. Is in charge of creating and updating the platform at the Party convention with the assistance of a personally appointed committee

3. General Secretary
   a. Takes over for the Chairman and Vice Chairman if the Chairman and Vice Chairman both have requested a leave of absence or both have been absent for 24 hours
   b. Is in charge of candidate recruitment for all levels of government
   c. Is in charge of GOTV operations for both the Party and allied factions, including supporters not officially registered with the Party
   d. Serves as a Whip for the Senate, working with Senators to find common ground and support for bills proposed by the Party

4. Attorney-At-Law
  a. The legal advisor for the Politburo, the Labor Party at-large and all Labor Party members
  b. Shall serve as prosecutor or defense attorney for any and all legal cases set forth by individuals, regional governments or the federal government against the Labor Party or its members, as well as cases on behalf of the Labor Party or any of its members that do not seek action against the Party
  c. The Attorney-At-Law shall have sole discretion in accepting cases on behalf of Labor Party members that do not directly pertain to affairs regarding the Party

5. Regional Co-Ordinators
   a. Performs duties similar to Vice-Chair and General Secretary at the regional level, with respect to candidate recruitment, GOTV and party recruitment
   b. Communicates via PM to regional Party members on a consistent basis
   c. Appointed by Chair; can be replaced with reasonable justification

VI. ENDORSEMENT PROCEDURE

1. Endorsement elections will take place one (1) week before the respective election, with the exception of endorsements handled during conventions.

2. All Labor Party candidates in compliance with Section VII-1a; b; c are automatically endorsed by the Party.

3. If there are not enough Labor Party members running in a given election, we will then endorse candidates from other partieswho agree with the Party's principles and values, allowing our Party to endorse a maximum number of candidates equivalent to the number of open seats in an election.

4. In order to be eligible to receive the endorsement of the Labor Party, the candidate from the other party has to declare that he or she wishes to receive our Party’s endorsement during the endorsement suggestion period, which lasts for 48 hours. The candidate must also have a Laborite second the endorsement nomination in order to be placed on the endorsement ballot.

5. Endorsement voting will begin immediately following the endorsement suggestion period and will last for 72 hours. Votes for each non-Party candidate shall be cast and counted either as an affirmative, negative or abstention. An abstention ballot is counted against a candidate's affirmative percentage as it applies in Section VI-6.

6. A non-Party candidate must receive affirmative preference from at least 60% of all endorsement ballots cast in order to receive the endorsement of the Party. In the event there are more candidates with 60%+ affirmative preference than available endorsements, they will be awarded from highest percentage affirmative preference downward.

VII. PRIMARY PROCEDURE

1. All Labor Party candidates are automatically endorsed by the Party, except for the following situations in which there will be a Labor Party Primary:
   a. If there are more Labor Party members running than open spots in a given election
   b. A Labor Party member is a presidential candidate on a cross-party ticket
   c. A Labor Party member lost a primary and proceeded to run as a independent

2. Primaries will take place two (2) weeks before the respective election, with the exception of a Presidential or Senatorial primary between multiple Labor candidates, which will occur four (4) weeks before the respective election. Voting will last for 72 hours.

3. The loser is strongly encouraged not to run as an independent, as doing so will result in losing a position in the Politburo, not being allowed to run in primaries or receive the Party’s endorsement in the subsequent three (3) Federal elections.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #497 on: June 25, 2013, 12:53:54 AM »

In case there was any doubt, I will not be seeking a third term as Labor Party Chair.

Pursuant to Labor Party By-Laws (IV), formal declarations for the following offices will be accepted for 48 hours, beginning on Friday, June 28th:

• Chair
  • Vice-Chair
  • General Secretary
  • Attorney-at-Law

Campaigning inside the Labor Party Standing Committee Thread will occur for 72 hours, beginning Sunday, June 30th.

Politburo elections will last for 48 hours, beginning Wednesday, July 3rd.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #498 on: June 27, 2013, 11:33:35 PM »

Pursuant to Labor Party By-Laws (IV), formal declarations for the following offices will be accepted for 48 hours, beginning on Friday, June 28th now:

• Chair
  • Vice-Chair
  • General Secretary
  • Attorney-at-Law
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #499 on: June 27, 2013, 11:36:27 PM »

I will be seeking the position of Vice Chair of the Labor Party.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies