University of Nevada POTUS debate at 9pm ET **live commentary thread** (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:09:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  University of Nevada POTUS debate at 9pm ET **live commentary thread** (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: University of Nevada POTUS debate at 9pm ET **live commentary thread**  (Read 14367 times)
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« on: October 19, 2016, 03:56:27 PM »

I don't think Clinton wants Trump completely out of the woods yet -  and I suspect this debate leads to Trump's first ever draw, giving Trump hope before another oppo dump occurs.
Why not?
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 04:01:24 PM »

I don't think Clinton wants Trump completely out of the woods yet -  and I suspect this debate leads to Trump's first ever draw, giving Trump hope before another oppo dump occurs.
Why not?

You still want supporters to actually go and vote.

Why would the better performance in the debates not do it? Bernie bros would vote for third parties or something like this?
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 04:47:50 PM »

The only way he wins tonight is if he comes of presidential with the right temperment and talks issues. Leave the attacks at home.
True. He should talk about the immigration, law and order.

No one votes for Hillary [most likely] because of her policies...
But sadly his only chance is Hillary's health or a miracle.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 05:21:41 PM »

There's a possibility that the totals for Johnson/Stein could vary by 1-2% based on whether people think the election is close or not. Essentially, the less "risk" there is to voting third party, the more likely people are to do it. You might not think Clinton cares whether Johnson gets 4% or 6% or 8% as long as she still wins, but believe me, she does. 5% of the vote gets the LP federal funding in 2020, which makes a big difference and presents a serious threat to the two party duopoly if it is used properly. Yes, it can just result in endless infighting and implode the party, but Sarwark (LNC chair) seems fairly intelligent and is definitely popular enough to pull some strings in the right direction (He was re-elected with 65% of the vote at the Convention this year).
Yes, but good performance can help to get those voters stay/back.

I just don't buy that Hillary would on purpose doing worse (XX% of her best performance).
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2016, 05:23:23 PM »

Sarah Palin & Leslie Millwee (New Bill accuser) will be there as invited guests of Trump

I believe I read that James O'Keefe is a Trump guest too
Haha, wtf. Together with Obama's half brother it could be something Cheesy
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies