2019 NBA Playoffs
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 01:30:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  2019 NBA Playoffs
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8
Poll
Question: Who wins the 2019 NBA Championship ?
Golden St Warriors: going for their 7th NBA Championship

Toronto Raptors

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 11

Author Topic: 2019 NBA Playoffs  (Read 5005 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2019, 12:16:35 AM »

Last night was tough to watch, but I am sure we can bounce back. Go Blazers !!!!!!!
Blazers in 7 lol
Tonight's either gonna be great or it's gonna massively suck, hoping it's not the second option

We did it , thanks to amazing games by Hood and Collins. Now it’s on to game 7 and we just can’t miss all these free throws because we will now have to win in Denver
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2019, 12:37:38 AM »

Last night was tough to watch, but I am sure we can bounce back. Go Blazers !!!!!!!
Blazers in 7 lol
Tonight's either gonna be great or it's gonna massively suck, hoping it's not the second option

We did it , thanks to amazing games by Hood and Collins. Now it’s on to game 7 and we just can’t miss all these free throws because we will now have to win in Denver
Well, we can only hope for the best.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2019, 12:46:20 AM »

Blazers in 7 lol

Well, we can only hope for the best.

Yah this the Best Blazers team I have ever seen since I was too young to see 2000(though I am happy I didnt or I would have cried after Game 7 of that WCF). I have faith though that we can pull out an win.

I think on important lesson is to not double Jokic, if he scores fine its ok but if you double he will get it out to Murray/Barton/Harris/Craig for open shots many times 3s and that then opens up the game.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2019, 01:04:55 PM »

All signs point towards a Mil vs Warriors Finals matchup and if KD will return.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2019, 03:25:39 PM »

Dame Lillard is a good player, the Trail Blazers are always in the playoffs, they don't move beyond the Western Conference semifinals.

POR vs. HOU WCF

Kevin Durant is injured, he will not be able to help; I think the Rockets win in 7 against GS.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2019, 03:26:12 PM »

You think Draymond, Curry, Thompson can beat Harden and Paul on their own?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2019, 05:21:30 PM »

You guys underestimate Curry, he is superman, like Jordan, with the 3 point shot and has 3 titles to show for it, and so has Klay, a 3 point shot. They are the Splash Bros and get 38 million for a reason.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2019, 05:24:35 PM »

You guys underestimate Curry, he is superman, like Jordan, with the 3 point shot and has 3 titles to show for it, and so has Klay, a 3 point shot. They are the Splash Bros and get 38 million for a reason.

In 2 of those titles Durant was the star in the playoffs and In his first one the Warriors barely got passed a Cavs team that had BOTH Kyrie and Kevin Love injured.

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2019, 05:29:14 PM »

Curry lead the season, last year in 3 point made last year, they won, in addition to KD, but also, with Curry 3 pointers.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2019, 05:39:53 PM »

Curry lead the season, last year in 3 point made last year, they won, in addition to KD, but also, with Curry 3 pointers.

Just don't have him try to dunk it. With Cousins and Durant out, would be the perfect matchup for the Bucks.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2019, 05:47:19 PM »

Durant turns a very good team into a dominant one. Without him, they aren’t the powerhouses they have been, but they’re still more than capable of winning a championship.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2019, 06:38:41 PM »

Durant turns a very good team into a dominant one. Without him, they aren’t the powerhouses they have been, but they’re still more than capable of winning a championship.

Well the problem is Draymond is not as good as he used to be , and Iguodala is not as good either . Plus they don’t have players such as Harrison Barnes who were pretty important role players in the Pre Durant Finals Teams
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2019, 10:36:20 PM »

RIP the Rockets.

While I'm certainly cheering for the Blazers to win it all, realistically they won't be able to beat GSW even with Durant out, especially due to the Kanter injury and the fact that they're totally gassed. Oh well.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2019, 10:42:34 PM »

No. But, as we just saw, those three plus Iguodala most certainly can.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #64 on: May 11, 2019, 06:48:53 AM »

Saw this today on the relative importance of Curry and KD to the Warriors:

Over the last three seasons (playoffs included), the Warriors are plus-82 in the 2,965 minutes they've played with Durant on the floor and Curry off. That's plus-1.3 per 48 minutes. They're plus-579 in the 2,292 minutes they've played with Curry on the floor and Durant off. That's plus-12.1 per 48 minutes.

And in all those Durant-less minutes, Curry averaged 32.8 points per 36 minutes while shooting 44.8 percent from the field and 39.8 percent from three.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2835661-steph-curry-turns-back-the-clock-reminds-nba-what-makes-him-special-without-kd
American2020
Côte d'Ivoire

« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2019, 07:27:39 AM »

It was a tough serie between Golden State and Houston. I consider them as the tougher teams in the Western Conference. It won't be easy, but I see Golden State going to the NBA Finals and winning the Championship Title this year.
Toronto and Milwaukee are talented, but I don't think they could beat Golden State.
The Western Conference is stronger than the Eastern one.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #66 on: May 11, 2019, 11:38:43 AM »

RIP the Rockets.

While I'm certainly cheering for the Blazers to win it all, realistically they won't be able to beat GSW even with Durant out, especially due to the Kanter injury and the fact that they're totally gassed. Oh well.

Disagree , if Durant is out I think we have a chance . Lillard is more than capable enough to outplay Curry and I would argue this year Lillard has been the best PG . Their spacing relies on Green playing well and I think we could mess that up significantly with our size .

Denver is a worse matchup for us that A Durant less Warriors due to Jokic

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: May 11, 2019, 01:18:32 PM »

RIP the Rockets.

Disagree , if Durant is out I think we have a chance . Lillard is more than capable enough to outplay Curry and I would argue this year Lillard has been the best PG . Their spacing relies on Green playing well and I think we could mess that up significantly with our size .

Curry has been scoring 30 points a game since KD has been out, KD isn't the only one that can score that amount.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #68 on: May 11, 2019, 01:31:30 PM »

RIP the Rockets.

Curry has been scoring 30 points a game since KD has been out, KD isn't the only one that can score that amount.

And Lillard can score 30 points a game as well and has been averaging that these playoffs. Lillard can outscore Curry, the key in the series will be Draymond not Lillard vs Curry and I think the Blazers are too big to allow Draymond to open up spacing as much as he usually does. We are also a pretty deep team as well unlike Houston .

Denver was a worse matchup for us because Denver is cause we have nobody who comes close to matching up against Jokic and the fact that Denver keep dominating us on the boards something the Warriors wont do.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #69 on: May 11, 2019, 01:35:47 PM »

Saw this today on the relative importance of Curry and KD to the Warriors:

Over the last three seasons (playoffs included), the Warriors are plus-82 in the 2,965 minutes they've played with Durant on the floor and Curry off. That's plus-1.3 per 48 minutes. They're plus-579 in the 2,292 minutes they've played with Curry on the floor and Durant off. That's plus-12.1 per 48 minutes.

And in all those Durant-less minutes, Curry averaged 32.8 points per 36 minutes while shooting 44.8 percent from the field and 39.8 percent from three.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2835661-steph-curry-turns-back-the-clock-reminds-nba-what-makes-him-special-without-kd

Yes, Curry is more integral to the team and losing him hurts the Warriors a lot more than losing KD. Anyone who actually watches the team regularly (and not just the average stats) can tell you this.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #70 on: May 12, 2019, 02:50:28 PM »

Let’s go Blazers !!!!!
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #71 on: May 12, 2019, 05:35:35 PM »

Blazers Win!!!!!!!!!!!!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #72 on: May 12, 2019, 06:18:48 PM »

This is glorious 538 finally has to admit we have a 1% chance at the championship LMAO
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #73 on: May 12, 2019, 06:19:36 PM »

Right, this ought to be a fun series.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #74 on: May 12, 2019, 06:24:10 PM »

This is glorious 538 finally has to admit we have a 1% chance at the championship LMAO

yup
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies