Hillary calls out sexist "Berniebros" & says she was forced to not attack Bernie (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 04:17:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Hillary calls out sexist "Berniebros" & says she was forced to not attack Bernie (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hillary calls out sexist "Berniebros" & says she was forced to not attack Bernie  (Read 3196 times)
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« on: September 05, 2017, 01:27:06 PM »

A lot of Sanders supporters don't realize how easy Clinton was on him. There was a ton of stuff out there that could have buried Bernie.

If she had treated him the same way she treated Obama in 2008 during the primary, Bernie would be politically irrelevant at the moment.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 02:10:25 PM »
« Edited: September 05, 2017, 02:14:38 PM by Yank2133 »

A lot of Sanders Clinton supporters don't realize how easy Clinton Sanders was on himher . There was a ton of stuff out there that could have buried (and DID come GE) Bernie Hillary.

If she Bernie had treated himher the same way she Obama treated Obama her in 2008 during the primary, Bernie Hillary would be politically irrelevant at the moment have faded into political irrelevancy much earlier.

This makes zero sense since Bernie did treat her like she treated Obama in 2008.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 02:13:38 PM »

A lot of Sanders supporters don't realize how easy Clinton was on him. There was a ton of stuff out there that could have buried Bernie.

If she had treated him the same way she treated Obama in 2008 during the primary, Bernie would be politically irrelevant at the moment.

And on the same hand, a lot of Clinton supporters don't realize how easy Bernie was on Hillary. He took the email issue off the table early on when any other skilled politician would have hammered her on that. I mean, she was under investigation while running and Bernie never went after her on that. There was a ton of stuff that could have buried Hillary (her hawkish foreign policy, fracking, bankruptcy bill that Warren criticized her on). Even though I like Bernie, he's not skilled at getting down in the mud and slinging. Barack attacked Hillary much worse than Bernie did (Board of Wal Mart ring a bell?). She was damaged goods long before Bernie and any sort of arguments in the 2016 primary (which were largely issue focused) pale in comparison to the years worth of damage done on her character by other people. Democrats simply chose the wrong person at the wrong time.

Bernie wasn't easy on her.

He literally questioned her integrity and played up one of the most devastating right wing caricatures of her (corruption). On top of that he stayed in the race when it was obvious he was done after Super Tuesday.

Clinton is responsible for her own defeat. But Sanders did significant, unnecessary damage to her.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 04:56:22 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Exactly.

I didn't care for 2008 Hillary. But in hindsight, I wish that version of her ran in 2016. If She had 2008 Clinton ruthlessness+Obama 2012 us vs them message, she would have beaten Trump by 5-7 points.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2017, 05:15:01 PM »

Exactly.

I didn't care for 2008 Hillary. But in hindsight, I wish that version of her ran in 2016. If She had 2008 Clinton ruthlessness+Obama 2012 us vs them message, she would have beaten Trump by 5-7 points.

People need to remember though that Hillary went easy on Obama early on, it was only after her initial losses did she finally adopt Bill's strategy of attacking Obama aggressively. In 2016, she was purely taking Obama's advice and planned to run as an extension of Obama 2012. It was also Obama who advised her to go easy on Bernie.

She flipped her GE strategy as a result of Trump.

https://newrepublic.com/minutes/137093/clinton-campaign-decision-made-may-doom-down-ballot-democrats

Funny thing is I think the switch could have worked if McConnell didn't hold the supreme court seat hostage.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2017, 05:27:04 PM »

Exactly.

People need to remember though that Hillary went easy on Obama early on, it was only after her initial losses did she finally adopt Bill's strategy of attacking Obama aggressively. In 2016, she was purely taking Obama's advice and planned to run as an extension of Obama 2012. It was also Obama who advised her to go easy on Bernie.

She flipped her GE strategy as a result of Trump.

https://newrepublic.com/minutes/137093/clinton-campaign-decision-made-may-doom-down-ballot-democrats

Funny thing is I think the switch could have worked if McConnell didn't hold the supreme court seat hostage.

To be fair, it probably had more to do with Comey (who was under the influence of a Russian propaganda document).

True.

But I think McConnell holding that seat open gets underplayed alot when try to diagnosed what happened in 2016.

There were many Republicans who didn't like Trump at all, but voted for him because of the Supreme Court. I wonder how many of them would just not vote if Obama had gotten the seat filled.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2017, 12:08:35 PM »

When do we get to hear about the part of the book where Hillary stops blaming everyone else for her screw-ups and takes responsibility for being one of the weakest Democratic nominees in recent memory as well as running such a horrible campaign that she lost to a serial sexual predator, traitor, racist, anti-Semitic, kleptocratic man-child?

She couldn't follow voters in the ballot box and force them to vote her. Blame the voters, not the candidate who told them the truth they didn't accept.
Hillary was supposed to hand hold grown ass adults and make sure their every wittle desire was addressed or they would stay home and let Trump win.
YES

THAT WAS *EXACTLY* WHAT SHE WAS SUPPOSED TO DO

IT'S CALLED RUNNING A CAMPAIGN HOLY SH!T

This is why Republicans get us every time. Their voters know how to suck it up and just vote for a candidate they don't particularly like. We have way too many voters who just stay home or vote 3rd party if they don't just LURVVVEE the candidate.

And this is not meant as a cut to Bernie supporters, and I hate how a few wildcards have driven a wedge between both camps. Most people on both sides are excellent people, and either of them would have been an outstanding president. Unfortunately there are too many selfish idiots on the left and in the middle who think that if a candidate isn't 100% perfect, they won't vote, and all of the vulnerable hurt by their inflated egos be damned.

To be fair, if the election had been Clinton vs Rubio or Clinton vs Bush, I wouldn't care if some on the left decided to sit this one out.

But to sit out against Trump? That is inexcusable and anyone who did better not open their mouths and whine about the Trump administration (looking at you Sarah Sarandon...).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies