Diplomacy Dreams
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 01:59:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Diplomacy Dreams
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16
Author Topic: Diplomacy Dreams  (Read 12541 times)
themaninthejinnahcap
Rookie
Canada
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: May 04, 2024, 09:18:21 PM »
« edited: May 04, 2024, 09:38:32 PM by themaninthejinnahcap »

Order Results:

Austria:
Austria: A mos Holds
Austria: A pie - mar / Bounced with mar (1 against 1).
Austria: A rom Holds
Austria: A stp - nwy / Bounced with bel (1 against 1).
Austria: A tri Holds
Austria: A ven Holds
Austria: A vie Holds
Austria: A war Holds
Austria: F wes - spa/sc / Bounced with lyo (1 against 1).

England:
England: F edi Holds / Dislodged from nwg (2 against 1).

France:
France: A bel - nwy / Bounced with stp (1 against 1). Convoy path taken: bel;nth;nwy.
France: A bur - gas
France: F cly Supports F nwg - edi
France: F lyo - spa/sc
France: A mar Supports F lyo - spa/sc / Support cut by Move from Piedmont.
France: F mao Supports F lyo - spa/sc
France: F naf - wes / Failed because Austria: F wes - spa/sc failed.
France: F nth Convoys A bel - nwy
France: F nth Convoys A bel - nwy

Germany:
Germany: A ber - pru
Germany: F hol Holds
Germany: F kie - den
Germany: A mun Holds
Germany: F nwg - edi
Germany: A ruh Supports F hol

Turkey:
Turkey: F aeg - ion / Failed because Turkey: F ion - tun failed.
Turkey: A apu Supports A nap
Turkey: F ion - tun / Failed because Turkey: F tun - naf failed.
Turkey: A nap Supports A apu
Turkey: A rum Supports A sev
Turkey: A sev Supports A rum
Turkey: F tun - naf / Failed because France: F naf - wes failed.
Turkey: F tus Supports F tys - lyo
Turkey: F tys - lyo

The dislodging of England's final Fleet has resulted in it being disbanded. Even if someone were playing the power, it would immediately have to disband this turn, the 1908 Fall BUILD Phase. The deadline for this phase is 48 hours from now, at 10:00 AM EST / 2:00 AM UTC on Monday, May 6th (EST) / Tuesday, May 7th (UTC) and requires only orders from Germany; 2 builds. If he provides this order in advance of the deadline and consents to a quicker update, I will do it tomorrow evening for everyone's benefit.
themaninthejinnahcap
Rookie
Canada
« Reply #351 on: May 04, 2024, 09:23:12 PM »

Please tell me I didn't make a mistake in those orders, because I just saved the file in jDip by accident and I have yet to find a way to undo a turn to redo it after it is saved.  Terrified
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #352 on: May 04, 2024, 09:33:50 PM »

Please tell me I didn't make a mistake in those orders, because I just saved the file in jDip by accident and I have yet to find a way to undo a turn to redo it after it is saved.  Terrified

As written they look wrong. You have Stp-Nwy succeeding, but also Bel-Nwy. However, a second order for Bel (a hold) is also listed. Might be other issues. I suggest you post everyone’s order message to you here for confirmation.
themaninthejinnahcap
Rookie
Canada
« Reply #353 on: May 04, 2024, 09:36:20 PM »

As written they look wrong. You have Stp-Nwy succeeding, but also Bel-Nwy. However, a second order for Bel (a hold) is also listed. Might be other issues. I suggest you post everyone’s order message to you here for confirmation.
I know exactly what happened there, I'll just edit the post. I had to redo a turn and part of the post and I must not have changed a given part when I re-copypasted the results. Give me a minute, good catch. The real results are reflected in the picture, the text is where the error is.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #354 on: May 04, 2024, 11:59:48 PM »

These were my exact move orders in case anyone is curious...

Hey Jesse,

Here you go...

(Please advise if my convoy orders are not in the correct format.)

F-Clyde Supports F-Norwegian Sea > Edinburgh
F- North Sea Convoys A-Belgium > Norway
A-Belgium Moves to Norway via F-North Sea Convoy
A-Burgundy moves to Gascony
F-North Africa > Western Med
F-Gulf of Lyons > Spain
A-Marseilles Supports F-Gulf of Lyons to Spain
F-MAO supports F-Gulf of Lyons to Spain
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #355 on: May 05, 2024, 12:07:14 AM »

Gonna split the game unless we get a real adjudication on this one...

Looks clear I was convoying my Army from Belgium to Norway.

Looks clear my Convoy was not cut...

French Army should be in Norway unless I have been hitting the crack pipe too hard...

Kuumo

P P
« Reply #356 on: May 05, 2024, 12:17:04 AM »

Gonna split the game unless we get a real adjudication on this one...

Looks clear I was convoying my Army from Belgium to Norway.

Looks clear my Convoy was not cut...

French Army should be in Norway unless I have been hitting the crack pipe too hard...

The Austrian army in St. Petersburg was trying to go there too and there were no supporting units on either side.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #357 on: May 05, 2024, 12:23:01 AM »

Never mind...

Move on here nothing to see here people.

Apologies to the GM and all that...

Time to move forward to to the aftermath of the Fall '08 Orders....

Sometimes those of us of Irish-American background might sometimes shoot from the hip a bit and then we double check the scene and recognize that the Rising of the Day has maybe not quite happened yet. L(
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #358 on: May 05, 2024, 07:16:55 AM »

Never mind...

Move on here nothing to see here people.

Apologies to the GM and all that...

Time to move forward to to the aftermath of the Fall '08 Orders....

Sometimes those of us of Irish-American background might sometimes shoot from the hip a bit and then we double check the scene and recognize that the Rising of the Day has maybe not quite happened yet. L(

It was perfectly reasonable to be concerned.  The text showed the Austrian Stp-Nwy succeeding while the map did not, while it also showed two different orders for your army in Belgium.  (If you had actually submitted such, I think it would have been covered by the "ambiguous order" provision in the rules and both would have been void.)  But it's clear now that both Bel and Stp tried to move to Norway, neither with support; so they bounced, and as Jesse said: the map was right and the (initially posted) text was wrong.
themaninthejinnahcap
Rookie
Canada
« Reply #359 on: May 05, 2024, 06:39:38 PM »

Yes, a big apology from me to you folks. The mistake was entirely my own from modifying a copypasted set of order results and missing a few discrepancies between the two sets. Thanks to all for checking the moves and making these errors known so quickly.

Re: Irish-Americans, I can tell you as a man with plenty of that blood in me I was absolutely shooting from the hip with my copypastes and it got messy, alright.

I have received Germany's Build orders and will be adjudicating them tonight, as an update!
themaninthejinnahcap
Rookie
Canada
« Reply #360 on: May 05, 2024, 09:00:29 PM »

Order Results:

England:
England no longer controls any supply centers, and has been eliminated.

Germany:
Germany: Builds F ber
Germany: Builds A kie

We are now in the Spring 1909 MOVE Phase. Orders are due by 10:00 PM EST/ 2:00 AM UTC on Wednesday, May 8th (EST)/ Thursday, May 9th (UTC)

I don't know if you're still following the thread, IBNU, but thank you for playing with us!
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #361 on: May 08, 2024, 09:05:30 PM »

Pretty sure I got my orders in on time and hopefully didn't create any needless confusion for our thankless GM this go about!   Smiley

themaninthejinnahcap
Rookie
Canada
« Reply #362 on: May 08, 2024, 09:10:56 PM »

Order Results:

Austria:
Austria: A mos - lvn
Austria: A pie - mar / Bounced with mar (1 against 2).
Austria: A rom Holds
Austria: A stp - mos
Austria: A tri - tyr / Bounced with vie (1 against 1).
Austria: A ven Supports A rom
Austria: A vie - tyr / Bounced with tri (1 against 1).
Austria: A war Holds
Austria: F wes Supports F tun - naf

France:
The Fleet in North Africa cannot retreat; unit destroyed.
France: A bel - bur
France: F cly - nao
France: A gas Supports A mar
France: A mar Supports F spa/sc / Support cut by Move from Piedmont.
France: F mao Supports F spa/sc
France: F naf - wes / Bounced with wes (1 against 1). Dislodged from tun (2 against 1).
France: F nth - eng
France: F spa/sc Holds

Germany:
Germany: F ber - bal
Germany: F den - swe
Germany: F edi Supports F hol - nth
Germany: F hol - nth
Germany: A kie - hol
Germany: A mun - sil
Germany: A pru Supports A mun - sil
Germany: A ruh - mun

Turkey:
Turkey: F aeg - ion
Turkey: A apu Supports A nap
Turkey: F lyo - spa/sc / Bounced with spa (1 against 2).
Turkey: F ion - tun
Turkey: A nap Supports A apu
Turkey: A rum - gal
Turkey: A sev Holds
Turkey: F tun - naf
Turkey: F tus Holds

The dislodged Fleet in North Africa has nowhere to retreat to and thus disbands. This moves us right ahead to the Fall 1909 MOVE Phase. Orders for this phase are due by 10:00 PM EST / 2:00 AM UTC on Saturday, May 11th (EST) / Sunday, May 12th (UTC).
themaninthejinnahcap
Rookie
Canada
« Reply #363 on: May 08, 2024, 09:12:44 PM »

Pretty sure I got my orders in on time and hopefully didn't create any needless confusion for our thankless GM this go about!   Smiley

On time, no confusion. Here's hoping I didn't bungle anything this time around.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #364 on: May 08, 2024, 09:24:07 PM »

Yes, you bungling fool, you were supposed to stab Germany!!!

Seriously, folks, it looks like we’ve got a draw here if everyone is going to stick with their ally. FG can eventually take StP, leaving both pairs with 17 each that can be held indefinitely.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #365 on: May 08, 2024, 09:43:43 PM »

Seriously, folks, it looks like we’ve got a draw here if everyone is going to stick with their ally. FG can eventually take StP, leaving both pairs with 17 each that can be held indefinitely.

Well personally would be happy to accept a draw at this point.

Sure, I could eff up like I did when I made a suggestion to Italy holding out in Tunis which caused them to lose the SC.

I believe the rules say it is a unanimous consent for a draw but I will formally propose the motion and we shall see if there is a 2nd...

Not to put everything on the table, but it has been patently clear (since even before I joined the game and started reviewing every single sequence of military moves prior to joining), that the Ottoman-Austrian Alliance was solid.

Even know looking at the map of Ottoman and Austrian forces is offensive to my eyeballs with a Swiss Cheese of Red and Yellow!!!!

I will follow up further with the Die deutsche Frage perhaps a bit later maybe once we move towards a post-game autopsy review of what went well, what didn't go so well, what needs to be improved, etc....
Kuumo

P P
« Reply #366 on: May 08, 2024, 10:01:44 PM »

Well personally would be happy to accept a draw at this point.

Sure, I could eff up like I did when I made a suggestion to Italy holding out in Tunis which caused them to lose the SC.

I believe the rules say it is a unanimous consent for a draw but I will formally propose the motion and we shall see if there is a 2nd...

Not to put everything on the table, but it has been patently clear (since even before I joined the game and started reviewing every single sequence of military moves prior to joining), that the Ottoman-Austrian Alliance was solid.

Even know looking at the map of Ottoman and Austrian forces is offensive to my eyeballs with a Swiss Cheese of Red and Yellow!!!!

I will follow up further with the Die deutsche Frage perhaps a bit later maybe once we move towards a post-game autopsy review of what went well, what didn't go so well, what needs to be improved, etc....

The German Chancellor seconds French calls for peace in light of the length of the conflict and the establishment of a new balance of power in Europe.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #367 on: May 08, 2024, 10:04:37 PM »

I’m agreeable to calling it a draw too, in case it wasn’t clear.
themaninthejinnahcap
Rookie
Canada
« Reply #368 on: May 08, 2024, 10:10:15 PM »

I am going to assume Scott is similarly agreeable to the draw. But we will wait for him to make an appearance and decide the fate of the game.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #369 on: May 08, 2024, 10:14:58 PM »

Perhaps a bit premature, but it does remind me of one of the legendary American Folk singers from the '60s, Phil Ochs...

Naturally this song was written before the Vietnam War was over, although this performance in NYC is dated '75.

themaninthejinnahcap
Rookie
Canada
« Reply #370 on: May 08, 2024, 10:21:46 PM »

Perhaps a bit premature, but it does remind me of one of the legendary American Folk singers from the '60s, Phil Ochs...

Naturally this song was written before the Vietnam War was over, although this performance in NYC is dated '75.

Perhaps the real victory won was the mass civilian casualties we caused along the way.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #371 on: May 08, 2024, 10:51:18 PM »

Perhaps the real victory won was the mass civilian casualties we caused along the way.

I think Ewan Maccoll speaks to this one with a Scottish voice....

Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #372 on: May 08, 2024, 11:10:36 PM »

Hey folks.

Yes, at this point I would say a draw is appropriate.
themaninthejinnahcap
Rookie
Canada
« Reply #373 on: May 08, 2024, 11:40:30 PM »
« Edited: May 08, 2024, 11:44:43 PM by themaninthejinnahcap »

With all the votes in, ladies and gentlemen, we have an end to the Great War of 1901-1909. By mutual assent the Republic of France, the German Reich, and the Ottoman and Austro-Hungarian Empires have forged a new order in Europe. May peace forever be their lot and to their legacy go the accolades of triumph. Congratulations one and all and thank you for playing!

Just a minor edit on the final move, I made an error with one of Austria's moves. His intent was to have A Mos and A Stp attack Liv and bounce with one another. I mistakenly sent A Mos to Liv and A Stp to Mos. Scott brought this to my attention and it does not change his vote, it is being brought up merely to clarify the mistake.

I hope you will all come together to debrief one another on the minutiae of the game. I got bits and pieces of what was being discussed but very little to show the nuance of the moves.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #374 on: May 08, 2024, 11:51:39 PM »

With all the votes in, ladies and gentlemen, we have an end to the Great War of 1901-1909. By mutual assent the Republic of France, the German Reich, and the Ottoman and Austro-Hungarian Empires have forged a new order in Europe. May peace forever be their lot and to their legacy go the accolades of triumph. Congratulations one and all and thank you for playing!

Just a minor edit on the final move, I made an error with one of Austria's moves. His intent was to have A Mos and A Stp attack Liv and bounce with one another. I mistakenly sent A Mos to Liv and A Stp to Mos. Scott brought this to my attention and it does not change his vote, it is being brought up merely to clarify the mistake.

I hope you will all come together to debrief one another on the minutiae of the game. I got bits and pieces of what was being discussed but very little to show the nuance of the moves.

I do want to congratulate you for volunteering to be GM and hopefully you might be willing to possibly host another.

I do apologize to the community for perhaps occasionally posting PMs which might have been considered a bit aggressive in nature while attempting to negotiate.

Quite frankly, I suspect these might have backfired on me at critical times in the game, where I might have been able to take advantage of a favorable political opportunity structure.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies