Candidate Declaration Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 08:35:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Candidate Declaration Thread (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Candidate Declaration Thread  (Read 299719 times)
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2019, 06:45:53 PM »

I am running for election to the Fremont Parliament.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2019, 07:45:01 PM »

I am running for President of Atlasia in the February 2020 presidential election.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2019, 12:23:53 PM »

I am running for President of Atlasia in the February 2020 presidential election.

And I will run for VPeanut on this ticket.

Confirming this.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2020, 05:49:28 PM »

Endorsed!!!
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2020, 04:42:11 PM »

I am running for re-election as President of Atlasia, and Peanut will be my running mate again.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2020, 07:57:56 PM »

I am running for re-election as President of Atlasia, and Peanut will be my running mate again.

Confirming!

As Peanut has said he can no longer serve on the ticket, Sestak will be my new running mate.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2021, 11:55:11 PM »

I can't see whatever because I'm on a school laptop but the reason why I declared was because Wulfric/Dwarven Dragon asked me to prevent a 3 member council.

Top 10 anime betrayals...
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2021, 02:33:20 AM »

IBNU is obviously running, we value your contributions Wulfric but you're not the best on electoral law.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2021, 03:30:16 AM »

People can just use write-ins anyway, though IBNU and Ishan will both be on the ballot from my interpretation. Hopefully we just vote for the GLORIOUS LABOR SLATE though.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2021, 03:42:43 PM »

I am running to represent Lincoln in the Senate, in the February Senate race.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #60 on: June 10, 2021, 03:57:55 PM »

Running for re-election to Lincoln's Senate seat.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2021, 07:51:04 PM »

Running for re-election to Lincoln's Senate seat.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2022, 05:41:38 PM »

After some consideration, I will be running for the Lincoln Regional Senate Seat under the Labor banner.

Just making clear, I am retiring and you have my support. Good luck!
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2022, 08:10:29 PM »

Declaring for the North-East sub-regional Senate seat.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2022, 01:13:37 AM »

Declaring for the North-East sub-regional Senate seat.

Dropping out because WD didn't need to draft me after all.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2023, 07:26:57 PM »

Declaring my candidacy for at-large Senate.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #66 on: March 16, 2023, 03:00:35 PM »

As this special will no longer occur, do you wish to declare for the special to replace Chalice?

Per Article I Section 6 of the Lincoln Constitution, I'm under the impression that my appointment to a seat will expire in April, since it occurred less than 336 hours before the last election. 

Just now looking at the language again...I suppose that depends on what is meant by "general election".  Would the just completed election count for that purpose?

6. Whenever a vacancy should occur in the composition of the General Court, the governor shall appoint a replacement. Should the vacancy have occurred fewer than 336 hours before the next general election, the deputy thus nominated shall serve the remainder of the existing term; otherwise, they shall serve only until a new deputy may be elected.

No, 336 hours (2 weeks) refers to the relation in time between the appointment and the next regular elections in April. Since the appointment occurred well before that mark, it lasts only until the election to directly replace the deputy you filled the slot of (Chalice). That election is this coming weekend, and the winner of that will take the seat, rendering the appointment null and void at that point.

OK....count me in for the election to replace Chalice, then. 

Endorsed

So progressive of you, smh.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2023, 03:27:16 PM »

As this special will no longer occur, do you wish to declare for the special to replace Chalice?

Per Article I Section 6 of the Lincoln Constitution, I'm under the impression that my appointment to a seat will expire in April, since it occurred less than 336 hours before the last election.  

Just now looking at the language again...I suppose that depends on what is meant by "general election".  Would the just completed election count for that purpose?

6. Whenever a vacancy should occur in the composition of the General Court, the governor shall appoint a replacement. Should the vacancy have occurred fewer than 336 hours before the next general election, the deputy thus nominated shall serve the remainder of the existing term; otherwise, they shall serve only until a new deputy may be elected.

No, 336 hours (2 weeks) refers to the relation in time between the appointment and the next regular elections in April. Since the appointment occurred well before that mark, it lasts only until the election to directly replace the deputy you filled the slot of (Chalice). That election is this coming weekend, and the winner of that will take the seat, rendering the appointment null and void at that point.

OK....count me in for the election to replace Chalice, then.  

Endorsed

So progressive of you, smh.

im not gonna vote for someone who doesn't want to support the progressive candidate in the race, forcing him to drop out.

If NYE appears on the ballot, as the true progressive, he'll get my vote.

No doubt about that

Labor members are entitled to pick a different progressive. You routinely vote for Federalists out of spite. In any case, since you broke off the deal, you cannot expect us to support your candidates and we do not trust your candidates will share the vision that Labor members have.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #68 on: April 17, 2023, 03:44:55 PM »

Declaring for at large Senate.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies