Atlasian Messenger
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 05:22:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasian Messenger
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13
Author Topic: Atlasian Messenger  (Read 34239 times)
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: July 25, 2005, 07:10:10 PM »

Senator Kramer To Resign, Drops Out of Race

BENTON, AR-- Senator Cosmo Kramer has dropped out of the Southeast gubernatorial race citing personal reasons, including a lack of time due to a tougher schedule in the coming months.  He says he will "be here only to regularly vote.  Other than that I am going to take the role of an occasional spectator."

He also says he will be resigning from the Senate soon, "perhaps at the end of this week."
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #151 on: July 27, 2005, 06:44:32 PM »

I wonder why this LiberalPA guy got his letter in but I sent mine about six times and didn't make it. Hmmmmmmm....maybe he knows that guy I'm running against? Na...it can't be...   Tongue
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #152 on: July 27, 2005, 06:46:49 PM »

I wonder why this LiberalPA guy got his letter in but I sent mine about six times and didn't make it. Hmmmmmmm....maybe he knows that guy I'm running against? Na...it can't be...   Tongue
He DoEsN't KnOw AnYtHiNg! So StOp AsKiNg QuEsTiOnS!!![/b] j/k Cheesy
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #153 on: July 27, 2005, 06:47:20 PM »

just playin around a little Wink
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #154 on: July 30, 2005, 04:04:54 PM »

Master Jedi Begins Re-Election Bid[/u]

NYMAN, D.C-- Senator Master Jedi (ACA-WI) is going to run for re-election, and he has already begun to seek support among Mideastern residents. He recently sent many residents a personal message reading

"Hi citizens of the Mideast. I know it's still a ways away until October comes around but I would like to announce to all of you that I do intend to run for re-election.

I hope to gather support from all corners of the political spectrum like I gained last time. If everyone could I would like if you could reply with if you'd vote for me, not sure, or the dreaded NOTA. Smiley

I hope to hear back from all of you soon."

The Senator won re-election easily in June, and was expected to run again. Several observers thought he may run for President in October, but it appears those plans have been shelved - for now. Jedi had a 69% approval rating and 25% disapproval rating according to a poll released by The Atlasian Messenger[/url] on July 24.

Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #155 on: July 30, 2005, 06:45:18 PM »

Hmm.  I was thinking of him as basically the only person who could win a presidential election for the ACA.  Strike him off the October Watch List, then.  Wink
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #156 on: August 02, 2005, 10:48:41 PM »
« Edited: August 02, 2005, 11:28:09 PM by LiberalPA »

PD leads D6 Senate Race[/u]

Thats right, PD leads the race according to a recent poll with approx. 25%, with Ilikeverin holding about 12%, and Max Power about 6%, while 44% are still skeptics of District 6. This comes as a major surprise since Ilikeverin was supposedly  frontrunner in the race. The Atlasian Messenger is getting news that another candidate is thinking about joining the race. We will keep you updated.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #157 on: August 02, 2005, 11:12:42 PM »

Surprise Candidate announces in D6; Other candidates scramble to take away attention form new comer.[/u]

Former Atlasian Libertarian 'activist' Mr. Milk_and_cereal has returned to join the D6 race. Worried that he might be a powerful candidate, SoFA Ilikeverin has attended a $478.98 plate fundraiser tonight, inhopes that it would get alot of media attention. Rumors are that Mr. Reese will be running in a marathon in the biggest city in D6, New Dublin, tomorrow. Earlier today he said, "I've been training for this for a while now. I hope this proves to the great people of District 6 that I am a dedicated person." Mr.PD will be resting next, saying that he can't miss the Dharma and Greg 7 day marathon next week.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #158 on: August 03, 2005, 12:30:57 AM »

Here are some campaign buttons that were not sent to us by the candidates for the D6 race:

ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #159 on: August 03, 2005, 10:06:41 AM »

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh, that's a secret...
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #160 on: August 05, 2005, 01:11:41 AM »

Atlasian Messenger Op-Ed

D4 special election gets personal

As the voting opened at 12:00 EST Friday morning, the fighting continued between Ebowed, Harry, Josh22, and HTMLDon. Things dont seem to be slowing, in fact they may be heating up. this 'vendetta' between eachother has lasted all week. the only candidate to keep quiet in the fierce debate is Write-In Candidate Ben Meyers (ACA) of Florida, but name recogniton and experience seem to be the anchors that are dragging the Meyers campaign at a slow pace. Harry has a good lead now, but i think if this keeps up, NOTA might be headed to Capital Hill.

We'll keep you updated on the special election all weekend.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #161 on: August 05, 2005, 01:15:43 AM »

This news article / editorial is factually inaccurate.

As the voting opened at 12:00 EST Friday morning, the fighting continued between Ebowed, Harry, Josh22, and HTMLDon.
Harry has not been online since Don began spreading lies about him, so he is not involved in the "fighting."

You must be logged in to read this quote.
The vendetta would be more accurately described as one I have against Don; not one Harry has against Don.

That's because he just got back from vacation.

Or maybe people just prefer Harry.

The race will either go to Ben or Harry; Don seems to have thrown his chance out by voting against himself.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #162 on: August 05, 2005, 01:17:39 AM »

This news article / editorial is factually inaccurate.

As the voting opened at 12:00 EST Friday morning, the fighting continued between Ebowed, Harry, Josh22, and HTMLDon.
Harry has not been online since Don began spreading lies about him, so he is not involved in the "fighting."

The vendetta would be more accurately described as one I have against Don; not one Harry has against Don.

That's because he just got back from vacation.

Or maybe people just prefer Harry.

The race will either go to Ben or Harry; Don seems to have thrown his chance out by voting against himself.
hhhmm...you sure sont like when people have opinions' other than yours, do you Ebowed? notice at the top of the article it says "Op-Ed", that means i can say whatever i feel like saying.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #163 on: August 05, 2005, 01:21:38 AM »

I was not disputing the opinions; I was disputing the factual inaccuracies.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #164 on: August 05, 2005, 01:23:31 AM »

I was not disputing the opinions; I was disputing the factual inaccuracies.

1. not all of the things you quoted were factual inaccuricies

notice at the top of the article it says "Op-Ed", that means i can say whatever i feel like saying.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #165 on: August 05, 2005, 01:25:55 AM »

Look at the five points I raised.  The only one that could be interpreted as an opinion is Statement 4.  Statement 5 is a prediction; Statements 1,2, and 3 are factual corrections.  If you write an editiorial, you should not only be prepared to have your opinions challenged, but you should write one that doesn't have factual inaccuracies disguised as opinions.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #166 on: August 05, 2005, 01:28:45 AM »

Look at the five points I raised.  The only one that could be interpreted as an opinion is Statement 4.  Statement 5 is a prediction; Statements 1,2, and 3 are factual corrections.  If you write an editiorial, you should not only be prepared to have your opinions challenged, but you should write one that doesn't have factual inaccuracies disguised as opinions.
in which case my statement that not all of your statements were fact is true.

Plus:
notice at the top of the article it says "Op-Ed", that means i can say whatever i feel like saying.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #167 on: August 05, 2005, 01:30:06 AM »

Yes, you are entitled to say whatever you want to say, but that's a horrible defense of factual inaccuracies.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #168 on: August 05, 2005, 01:31:43 AM »

Yes, you are entitled to say whatever you want to say, but that's a horrible defense of factual inaccuracies.
ill give you that Ebowed, but remember, im the media, i dont need to be correct, especially not during 'Op-Ed' time. Wink
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #169 on: August 05, 2005, 08:54:38 AM »

oh well, LiberalPA can write anything he wants, even if its wrong, but should expect people to analyze what he says.
Defarge

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

« Reply #170 on: August 05, 2005, 08:57:19 AM »

LiberalPA, it remains the responsibility of the media to be factually accurate, even in op-eds.  Don't want to turn out like Fox News, do you? Smiley
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #171 on: August 05, 2005, 10:36:10 AM »

LiberalPA, it remains the responsibility of the media to be factually accurate, even in op-eds.  Don't want to turn out like Fox News, do you? Smiley
or do i........hhhhmmmmm.......no,definetly not.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #172 on: August 05, 2005, 01:32:03 PM »

Ilikeverin Rallies His 'Troops' in District 6

A new poll shows PD is losing speed to Ilikeverin, and that now only 1/3 of Atlasians don't believe District 6 exists, down from the original 45%. Max Power has also jumped up a few precentage points, while M&C suprisingly holds almost 0% of the vote. The M&C squad did manage to get a float in the Writingville, 2nd largest city in D6, Parade. Rumors are that Atlasian Messenger CEO liberalPA will begin a petition to get the D6 Ofiicial voting booth in the voting booth subfolder later today.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #173 on: August 07, 2005, 08:11:34 PM »

MUAHAHAHAHA

I SHALL TRIUMPH

I WILL BRING LIGHT TO DISTRICT 6 IN THE FORM OF CUTE, FURRY ANIMALS
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #174 on: August 07, 2005, 08:12:57 PM »

MUAHAHAHAHA

I SHALL TRIUMPH

I WILL BRING LIGHT TO DISTRICT 6 IN THE FORM OF CUTE, FURRY ANIMALS
On a side note, if you start your own directory thread, will you include the new generation caucus?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies