UK General Discussion: 2019 and onwards, The End of May (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:04:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  UK General Discussion: 2019 and onwards, The End of May (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: UK General Discussion: 2019 and onwards, The End of May  (Read 65551 times)
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: March 24, 2019, 09:03:45 PM »

I admit I'm not fully engaged with the ins and outs of Brexit and British politics, but at this point it seems that anyone who was truly capable of replacing May would have to be utterly daft to do so.  It's like being asked to hold a bag with TNT while they drop a piano on you.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2019, 08:49:39 PM »

I don't know why I find an Irish website using Simpson memes to make fun of brexit so funny, but I do.

https://twitter.com/iresimpsonsfans
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 11:42:37 AM »

So, somehow I'm able to watch the House of Lords on a channel 1384 and it's a trip.  Content? Not Content?  WTF.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2019, 10:39:52 AM »

all you can say if that result did come to pass would be that three and four way marginals would become the norm, tactical voting would become impossible and there would be loads of fluke winners (and Onasyana/O'Mara style flameouts in the ensuing parliament) and high profile losses from both Labour and the Tories.

Agree that it would be far worse for the Tories than Labour though, because the former would have no real safe regions to fall back on - even blue counties like Surrey would collapse.

If the above estimate of vote/seat share is true then it seems like the 8% Green vote would have considerable incentive to engage in tactical voting
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2019, 10:43:33 PM »

^^^^^
Fabulous
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies