Most socially liberal Bush state (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 11:32:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2000 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Most socially liberal Bush state (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Most socially liberal Bush state  (Read 37097 times)
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

« on: May 28, 2006, 10:52:26 PM »

I'll go out on a limb and say my home-state of Ohio. There are a lot of social liberals around Ohio. Most of us are just staunch economic conservatives that vote accordingly.

I would say Ohio is one of the most libertarian states in the country.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 01:53:23 AM »

I'll go out on a limb and say my home-state of Ohio. There are a lot of social liberals around Ohio. Most of us are just staunch economic conservatives that vote accordingly.

I would say Ohio is one of the most libertarian states in the country.

This suprises me; I've always thought of Ohio as a populist leaning state.

I agree from what I've seen. Columbus and Yellow Springs areas are the only social liberal areas I can think of. The Cincy area (Tom Brinkman country) makes my county (Livingston) look almost liberal. Toledo/Cleveland/Akron/Youngstown is union country. The SE part of the state is like West Virginia. The Central/Western interior is like Indiana or West Michigan.

I don't live in Ohio though, so I'm only going on my impressions of my visits and what I've followed.

I spent most of my life in Cleveland, and I have to say that people there don't care too much for government regulation of personal choices and lifestyles. It is home to the rock and roll hall of fame after all Smiley

You see, you have two kinds of social liberals. You have the kind that are socially liberal in a sense that they really want to fight for their idea of freedom and really feel that social issues are pressing the country. then you have the social liberals that are in a sense that they just don't care what other people are doing.

Ohio is the latter.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies