a comment on recent GOP "trolls"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 02:22:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  a comment on recent GOP "trolls"
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: a comment on recent GOP "trolls"  (Read 266 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 13, 2012, 04:25:35 PM »

thing is, I legitimately cannot tell if they are trolls or not.  CaDan probably is to an extent, but possibly may not be, then the Tidewater_Wave fellow and etc.  I hardly ever jump on board with left-liberal criticism of the right-media because I think it is designed (in a possibly unconscious sense, through social processes) to make the egregious offenses of left-liberal media (NYT, the Big 3 networks, etc) hidden as the 'other pole', when in fact they are products of exactly the same process: corporate sponsorship.

but we do have a phenomenon here, and if you make a point to consume right-media with any regularity (which I highly recommend for people of all ideological persuasions, but especially for those who consider themselves left-wing).. if you make a point to do this you'll see how seductive and widespread this "false-consciousness" is.  it would be one thing if it were just raving loonies, but they're actually not: Mark Levin, Rush Limbaugh, etc. are not idiots in a strict sense of the word.  they're not about to write or say anything meaningful, but they're smart enough to hold narratives together.  and that's just the thing: if the internal narrative is consistent, and if the discussion is allowed to largely take place in a vacuum, impermeable by fact, it can be packaged and sold and applied to a vast array of situations.

so, in short, a) I can't tell if they're 'for real' or not, neither would surprise me; and, b) a very Tweedist comment here, I believe the question of whether or not there is any difference between the two is dwindling in its meaning.
Tidewater_Wave
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 10:22:19 PM »

Troll around here seems to refer to anyone who someone disagrees with. Sure some ppl get things wrong but no one is perfect. What brings out the partisan in me is when people do the same on the other side.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies