Is the USA the Greatest Nation (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 05:16:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Is the USA the Greatest Nation (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is the USA the Greatest Nation  (Read 12920 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
« on: August 05, 2004, 03:53:28 PM »

all colonies should be run like the Belgian Congo  Wink

I gotta jump in here.  As everyone knows, I'm certainly no anglophile, but I am a big Confederate sympathizer.  I'd only like to point out what a paradox it would have been, and the height of hypocrisy, if the English (British, Limey, whatever the  you like to call yourselves) had recognized the CSA, given that the CSA rebelled against my country for the same reasons that my country rebelled against the British Empire.  But, from the point of view of an English Imperialist, it makes since to recognize the CSA, since the enemy of my enemy is my friend.  Well, except that they aren't really the "enemy of my enemy" and all that, are they?  The brits, by way of their culture and language, still very much rule the world.  Like it or not.  Take a look, with the exception of Kennedy, all our presidents were WASPs.  (yeah, we can argue about Eisenhower and Van Buren)  

Not sure how you'd come up with "humanitarian" though.  Even if it's sardonism, it's a bit non-sequitur.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2004, 04:00:13 PM »

Oh, but the Scots are okay.  And so is their booze.  Smiley

as you can tell probably, my eponym is a Scotsman.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies