AL-SEN: It’s Tuberville (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:38:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AL-SEN: It’s Tuberville (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Will Doug Jones get a higher or lower vote share than Heidi Heitkamp did in 2018?
Higher

Lower

About the same

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 273

Author Topic: AL-SEN: It’s Tuberville  (Read 56032 times)
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« on: January 29, 2019, 08:39:20 PM »

Bentley, Moore, and Sessions are probably the only candidates that can make this competitive for Jones. And even then, it would be lean R at best.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 08:11:37 PM »

A Sessions nomination here could possibly provoke an independent Trump-cult candidate (which happened before in AL and held Martha Roby under 50% in 2016) that I'm sure Dems would be eager to bolster.

In my defense, those were my thoughts. And I must emphasize that I still think he would be favored even with a split among the Republican tickets.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2019, 09:13:40 PM »

If Jones loses and a Dem is elected prez, he should definitely be made AG. I don't know anyone who would be more deserving and qualified.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2019, 08:37:35 PM »

Doug Jones was done the day after his fluke election.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2019, 07:41:17 PM »

Moore winning the nomination would be Doug Jones' only chance at winning again. However the election is still likely R rather than safe R as with any other matchup. Could he win the nomination though? I actually think his chances aren't as bad as one might think.

Moore has a much better chance this time, even if he is rejected by the establishment. That might actually make him more popular with the base in both the primary and general election. He'll have presidential turnout to work with this time too, as well as a sense of revenge, and Alabama just being Alabama.

So with this all being said, I almost would rather have Byrne win the primary and beat Jones outright than have a potentially competitive Jones vs. Moore rematch that renews the possibility of Moore becoming Senator. Our timeline is miserable enough for Moore to win and become a problem for all of us, thanks once again, to our favorite medieval state.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2019, 06:41:13 PM »

Could Moore winning the primary have an impact on the Presidential Election by causing problems for Trump and other Republicans who will probably have to choose between endorsing him during a general election and giving up on the most winnable and one of only 2 likely Senate Pickups

If we're lucky.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2020, 07:10:19 PM »

Jeff Sessions will forever be known ass the biggest cuck in American history.

It may even be a microcosm of the entire GOP under Trump if 2020 ends up being a massive rebuke of the party.

Sessions could have been a lifelong Senator; but he eagerly jumped on the Trump train early, got his dream job, and then ended up with his career in shambles.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2020, 05:39:34 PM »

The Alabama Democrats have absolutely eviscerated Tommy Tuberville on Twitter:

Gaaaahhhhhddddddd DAMN! This hockey player quality chirping here boys. I don't think Jones has a shot in hell but this? Ann Richards smiles down on these people

I just wish that Alabama was a state that would have voters receptive to this kind of stuff. They apparently only draw the line at alleged pedophilia, and only just barely.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies