AL-SEN: It’s Tuberville (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 05:05:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AL-SEN: It’s Tuberville (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Will Doug Jones get a higher or lower vote share than Heidi Heitkamp did in 2018?
Higher

Lower

About the same

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 273

Author Topic: AL-SEN: It’s Tuberville  (Read 55760 times)
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« on: February 18, 2019, 01:42:58 PM »

Slightly better and gets around 43-46%
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2019, 08:26:11 PM »

I think by this point that everyone is sick of Roy Moore. Without national Republican support, Moore goes down to a 49/46 defeat.

Kayla Moore running would be more interesting however.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2019, 07:29:32 PM »

So, uh, it looks like Jones has a primary challenge:

As if Jones needed any more trouble.

This guy is a joke candidate, he's gonna get like 4%.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2019, 03:25:18 PM »

Almost any Alabama Republican is going to vote just like Moore would, so him winning the nomination is basically a no lose situation for the Democrats. either he loses and gifts Jones a second term, or he wins and Democrats can bash the GOP over the head with him for years to come.

This^^^

I think if Moore had won, Dems would have won FL Sen and a few more house seats. Imagine the insanity of Senator Moore. That being said, I hope Doug gets a miracle.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2019, 02:42:24 PM »

He wants "more personal contact." Wow, he's really dumb.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2019, 03:48:59 PM »

Apparently Jones still doesn’t understand that he is representing AL, not MA and that Trump has a < 60% approval rate in his home state.

Apparently you don't understand that Doug cares more for his principle, backbone, and integrity then President Bonespurs.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2019, 09:09:04 PM »

Doug Jones is a man of character and backbone, who conducts his politics by what he believes in. I hope he gets appointed to the Justice Department or Supreme Court. He's way too good for Alabama, I wish he could be traded for some blue state senator.

Most Alabamians are people of faith and have strong christian values, it's a shame they are ''represented'' by this man.

The people of Alabama elected Doug Jones, fortunately you have no say in how they voted in that election.

As I recall you have previously implied the seat belongs to the GOP. Unfortunately for you, right now it's occupied by a man with backbone and honor.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2019, 08:21:23 PM »

I think Republicans are favored (but far from safe) here, but the margin will be embarrassing, especially if Tuberville gets the nom.

I'm curious as to what you think it would take for Jones to win here, & what you would say his chances are as of right now?

A disastrous Republican candidate/campaign, an ugly Republican primary, further erosion of GOP support in the suburbs/urban areas, Republican overconfidence/incompetence, and a Democratic wave. I think he’s the underdog, but I don’t buy that the race is Safe R, and his chances are very clearly higher than <0.1% (this percentage was of course always ridiculous, but not surprising coming from the posters who thought KY-GOV 2019 and AL-SEN 2017 were Safe R).

So

1. Roy Moore wins the nom after a brutal primary
2. Roy Moore moores up the election
3. National GOP bungles response to said Mooring
4. No Active Trump Support for Moore
5. Dems winning national pop vote +6
6. Doug runs good campaign?
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2020, 09:01:28 PM »

Tuberville is preferable to Sessions on policy and Sessions is just that bad, but Tuberville is a Trump hack. Unfortunately Tommy is going to win in November so this is all just bad news.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies