Republicans and Democrats. Was there ever a point... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 05:28:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Republicans and Democrats. Was there ever a point... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Republicans and Democrats. Was there ever a point...  (Read 22126 times)
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« on: April 19, 2005, 10:51:13 PM »

At two points:

Around August 10, after the Democratic convention, and while Kerry had a 1-2 point lead in the polls, I was beginning to think that Ohio was looking more and more desperate, and that we could very well lose this thing.  Of course, by about five days before the Republican Convention, this feeling evaporated, and for the next two months I was convinced that Bush would win the election.

Until, of course, I started hearing the exit poll results at about 2-3 pm on November 2nd.  I began to think that this was going to be like 2000 all over again (in the sense of the 2-3 point Bush lead died on the day itself), and that Kerry would squeak away with this one.  Unlike back in August, where it was just an idle thought (and I thought I could manage a Kerry presidency), this just came as a total shock to me...I had known that Bush would win for the past two months, it couldn't just reverse like that...

I then proceeded to take a nap, have dinner, and then sat down to watch the election returns come in...and I was happy.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies