Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 03:44:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 77
Author Topic: Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 127352 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: January 27, 2019, 06:59:30 PM »

I saw parts her speech. It was a good speech and I hope she continues to address criminal justice in a proper way.

She's my likely choice as of now.

I mean, she fought to keep an innocent man behind bars for pretty much no reason Tongue
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #401 on: January 27, 2019, 07:01:44 PM »

I saw parts her speech. It was a good speech and I hope she continues to address criminal justice in a proper way.

I mean, she fought to keep an innocent man behind bars for pretty much no reason Tongue
We get it you hate Kamala Tongue
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #402 on: January 27, 2019, 07:03:33 PM »

Who cares? No one is voting based on that when there are far bigger issues at stake.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #403 on: January 27, 2019, 07:05:08 PM »

Who cares? No one is voting based on that when there are far bigger issues at stake.
That man's family? You can support her without completely disregarding and hand-waving her faults.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #404 on: January 27, 2019, 07:06:47 PM »

That man's family? You can support her without completely disregarding and hand-waving her faults.
This. That's why i said I like how she addressed criminal justice and I hope she continuously speaks on it in a proper way.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #405 on: January 27, 2019, 07:07:24 PM »

He was released, so it's not like he's dying in prison.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #406 on: January 27, 2019, 07:07:46 PM »

jdb is pissed Harris's launch was a massive success Roll Eyes)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #407 on: January 27, 2019, 07:10:26 PM »

Anyway, Harris being viciously attacked by Bernie bros just shows how stupid was her decision to support Sanders's single payer bill in hope of being spared this treatment.
She should've known that these cultists only care for their God Emperor King and will not hesitate to smear and slander every other Democratic candidate even if their positions are identical with Saint Bernie's.
Possiblymaybe
« Reply #408 on: January 27, 2019, 07:11:34 PM »

I'd like to note that Harris' campaign chairwoman is the person in charge of crafting a policy agenda (so-called) for Hillary's 2016 campaign.  Talk about failing upward Tongue
Maya Harris helped edit "The New Jim Crow" which has become a major point of reference for the Black Lives Matter movement and criminal justice reform activists. This makes me happy.
Yep, and Maya Harris was never part of Clinton’s inner circle going back years like the rest of her policy advisors, she was hired later (in 2016) to advise Clinton particularly on race, gender, economic empowerment, criminal justice, policing, immigration, voting rights.
Possiblymaybe
« Reply #409 on: January 27, 2019, 07:13:31 PM »

Anyway, Harris being viciously attacked by Bernie bros just shows how stupid was her decision to support Sanders's single payer bill in hope of being spared this treatment.
She should've known that these cultists only care for their God Emperor King and will not hesitate to smear and slander every other Democratic candidate even if their positions are identical with Saint Bernie's.
She expressed support for Medicare for all long before she became senator. And just reiterated her support in her speech today.
Kleine Scheiße
PeteHam
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.16, S: -1.74

P P

« Reply #410 on: January 27, 2019, 07:14:05 PM »
« Edited: January 27, 2019, 07:18:23 PM by Celes »

If she gets the nomination she will come closer than Hillary in the electoral college, while still losing. She will probably win the popular vote.

Her campaign will inspire a generation of fantastic women of color to run for and win public office, but she won't be one of them. Not in 2020, at least. I will gladly vote for her in the general but I don't think at this time that I can vote for her in the primary. There are situations where I could see it happening, but that heavily depends on her campaign.

Agreed, 100%.

Nah, I don't think it was a bad decision. "Bernie bros" are not the majority of Bernie's supporters, as loud and influential as they may be. Are you implying she doesn't genuinely support Medicare for All?
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #411 on: January 27, 2019, 07:15:05 PM »
« Edited: January 27, 2019, 09:38:30 PM by GP270watch »

Kamala Harris has a lot of problems. She isn't really that progressive, she already seems to have lost a lot of black youth from what I'm seeing. Democrats need to juice turnout and she's not the one to do so IMO. This is not the candidate Democrats need if they want to win. She doesn't have any natural base. She also seems like she would repel Midwest voters.

I think if she gets black female support she could win the primary but her candidacy seems to be arranged by wealthy donors more than having any kind of grassroots momentum.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #412 on: January 27, 2019, 07:15:10 PM »

LOL at the idea that Harris just changed all her positions to Bernie. You are suggesting that Harris has no core beliefs.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #413 on: January 27, 2019, 07:19:41 PM »

If she gets the nomination she will come closer than Hillary in the electoral college, while still losing. She will probably win the popular vote.

Her campaign will inspire a generation of fantastic women of color to run for and win public office, but she won't be one of them. Not in 2020, at least. I will gladly vote for her in the general but I don't think at this time that I can vote for her in the primary. There are situations where I could see it happening, but that heavily depends on her campaign.

You have her losing and the campaign hasn't even started. Give me a break.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #414 on: January 27, 2019, 07:21:29 PM »

jdb is pissed Harris's launch was a massive success Roll Eyes)

I remember when people said I was just pissed because Hillary was gonna be the Democratic nominee instead of Sanders.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #415 on: January 27, 2019, 07:21:44 PM »

LOL at the idea that Harris just changed all her positions to Bernie. You are suggesting that Harris has no core beliefs.

And you believe that Saint Bernie's flip flopping on guns is genuine.
tallguy23
United States

« Reply #416 on: January 27, 2019, 07:22:30 PM »

The right wing hate machine is currently screaming that Kamala Harris slept her way to the top of the political food chain by having sex with San Francisco Mayor, power broker, and CA Assembly Speaker Willie Brown during her time as a prosecutor. The two did date in the early 2000s.

Brown's the one claiming that, not the "right wing hate machine"

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/former-san-francisco-mayor-addresses-past-relationship-with-sen-kamala-harris

Brown was legally married but had been separated from his wife since the 1970s. I'd hardly call that an affair. Also, who the **** cares.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #417 on: January 27, 2019, 07:26:02 PM »

Nah, I don't think it was a bad decision. "Bernie bros" are not the majority of Bernie's supporters, as loud and influential as they may be. Are you implying she doesn't genuinely support Medicare for All?

No serious Democrat genuinely supports Sanders's bill for the simple reason that it's unworkable, unless you raise middle class taxes. By a lot.
Those with presidential ambitions support it to avoid being labeled "moderates", "centrists", or "corporate sellouts" by the Sirotas and Nina Turners of this world.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #418 on: January 27, 2019, 07:28:05 PM »

I’ve yet to hear a good explanation from anyone as to why Kamala Harris is one of the least electable  candidates in the field, even though polling places her 6-8 points ahead of Trump.

Anyways, she just announced her campaign and Atlas is already writing her obituary. Have none of you learned from 2016?
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #419 on: January 27, 2019, 07:28:06 PM »

Erm, we really gonna scream nepotism over someone putting a family member on their campaign staff?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #420 on: January 27, 2019, 07:39:27 PM »

Erm, we really gonna scream nepotism over someone putting a family member on their campaign staff?

That part was a joke, I'm more worried by the general swarm of Clintonworld types that have swarmed the Harris campaign like ants on a decaying carcass.
Possiblymaybe
« Reply #421 on: January 27, 2019, 07:40:04 PM »

Kamala Harris has a lot of problems. She isn't really that progressive, she already seems to have lost a lot of black youth from what I'm seeing. Democrats need to juice turnout and she's not the one to do o IMO. This is not the candidate Democrats need if they want to win. She doesn't have any natural base. She also seems like she would repel Midwest voters.

I think if she gets black female support she could win the primary but her candidacy seems to be arranged by wealthy donors more than having any kind of grassroots momentum.
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=312294.0
Old Man Willow
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #422 on: January 27, 2019, 07:41:20 PM »

I still don't trust Kamala but I'm pleased she emphatically stated her support for MFA in her announcement speech. Her endorsement before was so lukewarm and forced it was insulting. If I could trust the corporate Democrats on healthcare I wouldn't have nearly as much of a problem with them.
bilaps
« Reply #423 on: January 27, 2019, 07:41:54 PM »

Do you dream bernie bros, bro?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #424 on: January 27, 2019, 07:42:18 PM »

Kamala Harris has a lot of problems. She isn't really that progressive, she already seems to have lost a lot of black youth from what I'm seeing. Democrats need to juice turnout and she's not the one to do o IMO. This is not the candidate Democrats need if they want to win. She doesn't have any natural base. She also seems like she would repel Midwest voters.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=312294.0

How could I forget Harris' popularity in the crucial swing state of Oakland.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies