Why Gingrich is Bad (and Romney is Awesome): A Politico Megathread Spectacular (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 01:48:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Why Gingrich is Bad (and Romney is Awesome): A Politico Megathread Spectacular (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which is the most absurd objective proposed by Newt Gingrich?
Putting mirrors in outerspace to light highways

Colonizing the moon for resources such as moon rocks

Repealing child labor laws so children can spend time in school being janitors rather than learning

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 81

Author Topic: Why Gingrich is Bad (and Romney is Awesome): A Politico Megathread Spectacular  (Read 40665 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« on: December 10, 2011, 10:31:06 AM »

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 11:27:29 AM »

Seriously folks? Colonizing the moon?!?!? How can #2 not be the most absurd?

I don't know about you, but I'd rather colonize the moon than reinstating child labor.

I agree.  Lunar Colonization is very absurd and it ranks a close second in my polling, but child labor is just that, child labor.  That reminds me too much of sweatshops.  I don't want our schools to become sweatshops.  It is true that our children need to learn housekeeping, but they're main focus at school should be to learn tools that will get them quite far in life.  Housekeeping can only take them so far.  They should be learning such at the home doing chores, not in school taking time out of their day.  Now, I will say, that if a child spills something on the floor they should be required to clean it up as best they can, but shouldn't be required to clean the hallways or the bathrooms that they did not dirty up.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies