Future approval (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 10:19:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Future approval (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Future approval  (Read 12890 times)
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« on: March 20, 2004, 09:44:26 PM »

I think they'll be forgotten... plain and simple.  Well, maybe not forgotten, but just another name in a textbook.

I'm afraid you overestimate my generation Wink
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2004, 06:57:00 PM »

<left-wing tinfoil hat>
By 2054, the ozone layer will have evaporated, our cities will be under the ocean, and US will be in ruins.  If the US DOES still exist, it will be a corporate-run dictatorship in which we are forced to love Bush.
</left-wing tinfoil hat>

<right-wing tinfoil hat>
By 2054, the perversion and communization of America will be so complete, what we know of as the US will no longer exist.  Clinton will be propped up as the pervert vanguard that he is, and we will be forced to love him.  George W. Bush, the last decent American, will be erased from our textbooks.
</right-wing tinfoil hat>

LOL! Grin
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2004, 09:14:59 PM »
« Edited: March 22, 2004, 09:16:42 PM by ilikeverin »

I'm only 13!

Real Life:
Liberal through and through

I was a die-hard liberal when I was 13, too.  Even when I was 20.  But you'll find that the more of your paycheck goes to the government, the less enthusiastic you'll be about leftist politics.  Just a heads up Smiley.

It's good that you are interested in politics at your age, though.  We need a more informed electorate, and when you get to vote in 2008, you'll be much more prepared than most people your age.

Thanks a lot for the compliment Smiley  I know what you mean with the money thing.  I think.  LOL... I'm pretty uneducated when it comes to taxes Wink  I figure if I get centrist, I'll always drift to the right once Medicare/Social Security kick in!  My dad used to be a hippie who wore his hair long.  Now he's a bald Republican salesperson Smiley

Your second paragraph is what I keep saying in my head... whenever people tell me I'm too obsessed with politics!  Seriously, though, I think some kids in my generation don't know the difference between a Democrat and a Republican... they don't even know what those are!  Tongue

Ohh well, we'll just have to see what the future holds Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies