As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:17:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread) (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 318110 times)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2012, 11:03:56 PM »

It is official!  At 19:59 CDT Wednesday, 16 May 2012, my trip to the Republic of Kenya in March 2013 has been PAID IN FULL!!

glad to hear.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2012, 09:49:35 AM »
« Edited: May 17, 2012, 09:55:52 AM by consigliere jmfcst »

I assume the money was donated by a wealthy Update fan, who wants to see this particular plotline progress.

His granny and parents read the update?  Who knew?

No, Sherlock, look at the evidence…

We have a) a donor and b) a mutual friend…

It is very possible, even close to likely, that within the next 24-96 hours, my return trip to Kenya in March 2013 will be completely PAID IN FULL!!!  That is the big fleece I put out at the very end of March 2012 when I first got home from Kenya, that my trip would be completely paid for by the first meeting this fall.  Pfffff, my God can do better than that!! I got a call last week that an anonymous donor who will not give me their name or contact information, is going to give me through a mutual friend the money for me to go again.  I am going to pick up the money at 10:00 am on Tuesday and have it deposited in my account shortly after that!

And we have c) a 3rd party, and, again, a) the donor…

I am not going to give any PII (personally identifiable information) to this donor.  I am not even going to see the donor, the donor is giving it to a 3rd party who will give it to me.  It will be in the form of a regular check.

And lastly we have d) a fleece-encouraging member of the missionary trip

That's where it comes from.  I was encouraged to put out a fleece by one of the men who went with us on the trip.

Now, unless I am wrong, the donor, the mutual friend, the 3rd party, and the fleece-prompter…represent only 2 connected individuals (if not one and the same person), and the donor had knowledge of Bushie’s fleece.

Understand, in my church, it would be extremely uncommon to know of another person’s fleece, for in 19 years of going there, I have never heard of anyone having a fleece.  If someone has a fleece, it is kept private.  But in Bushie’s circle, fleeces are not only common, they are encouraged and broadcast.  So, it is no surprise the donor would have knowledge of the Bushie’s fleece.

jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2012, 10:19:05 AM »

Granny can't donate anonymously?  Wait, maybe  Granny doesn't know she has african great-grandchildren.....oh my.  

there are way too many people pulling Bushie's strings for Granny to be the prime suspect.  From what it appears, Bushie is surrounded by a hoard who are habitually addicted to going off half-cocked in attempting to manifest God in every change of the wind.

The only person in the story so far who seems to have any sense is the lady running the missionary.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2012, 10:03:53 AM »

What I find most amusing is that after being fired from three call centers Bushie is now expecting a fourth one to not only work out for him but that he might get PROMOTED in it...

in addition to quiting the gas company job, he's couldn't remained employed at three different call centers?

ok, this is probably grounds for banning Bushie from the Forum for his own good.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2012, 12:53:30 PM »

I got real sick about 10 days after I got back from Kenya and was out quite a few days.

ok, now I am angry, for I specific remember warning you NOT take a leave of absence soon after starting a new job.  if you want to secure employment, be the best employee.  arrive early and leave late.  be there day in and day out.  learn as much about the company's business as possible.  think outside the box in order to bring value to your company - don't just be content to do only what has been assigned to you.

if you do those things successfully, you will be one of the last employees to be axed during downturns.  if you're not willing to do those things, don't whine about being one of the first to be let go.

period.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2012, 11:03:52 AM »
« Edited: May 24, 2012, 11:06:53 AM by consigliere jmfcst »

I don't think it was the vacation itself that cost me the job, but I think getting sick afterwards got me in the long run.  The first commandment of the workplace "Thou shall never get sick."

You need to start taking personal responsibility, for it is given that your trip would most likely lead to an illness – there were several posters on here who even predicted it.  But, despite those known risks, you decided to go to Africa anyway, no matter the risks to your obligations to your employer.

It’s not like you came down with the flu after getting a flu vaccine.  Your company correctly concluded you did not do your due diligence to stay healthy in order to make a good first impression and meet your obligations to your employer.

You do NOT make pleasing your employer a priority in your life.  I would have fired you also.  Since you have a disability (stuttering) to being with, you need to make every effort to be doing it better and cleaner than the other guy.  Instead, you've lost your job in call centers three times. Been warned multiple times by posters, including me, with a history of half-chocked ventures with fly-by-night scam artists and two failed marriage engagements!

Reap-what-you-sow rules of engagement exist for your safety and for that of your team. They're not flexible, nor is the world. Obey them or your history will be written with government food stamps. Is that clear?

Dismissed.

jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2012, 11:37:52 AM »

So, I should not have followed my dream and gone to Africa?  Just because I have a job, does not mean I have to discard every dream or ambition I have ever had.

you obligations come before your dreams, even more so since you are under commandment from God to work for your employer as if you were working for Chirst himself.  

If you don't fulfill your obligations, you will never see your dreams fulfilled.  But, most of all, God is not going to bless and honor you, much less your dreams, if you don't honor your obligations.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2012, 11:54:55 AM »

Bushie, do your church friends share your opinion concerning who is responsible for your employment history?  And if so, can we still conclude their opinions are "bathed in prayer"?
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2012, 04:17:52 PM »
« Edited: May 24, 2012, 09:33:52 PM by consigliere jmfcst »

Bushie reminds me of a few individuals during my partying days - you go to pick up your home boys to go cruising and smoke a couple of joints.  But when you arrive at your buddy's house, you find his uncle's family is visiting and one of his cousin's jumps into the back seat and you have to bring him along for the night.

But after rolling a couple of numbers and getting stoned, listening to all of his cousin's BS totally kills your buzz.  So you tell you buddy, "Sorry, bro, but I can't take any more of your [Inks]ing cousin!"  And you find the first random street in the hood and kick him out of your car.  

Then you burn another one to help convince your buddy not to worry about all the crap his extended family is going to give him in the coming days.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2012, 11:50:58 PM »

bushie...you've only been given common sense advice about your overall situation.  if you have to rely on an internet forum for so much common sense advice, then you should scale back your plans until you have a handle on the basics.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies