The Comedy Goldmine (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 02:12:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Comedy Goldmine (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Comedy Goldmine  (Read 246447 times)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« on: October 10, 2012, 06:58:07 PM »

Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 02:22:11 PM »

Um no, the entire brony subculture disproves you.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 03:20:15 PM »

Comment on a Deluge post; click for context:

I don't think this guy actually knows what a bro is. Clearly he doesn't attend UMass.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 08:51:28 PM »

No

Somewhat inappropriately the user of this dog-vuvuzela is black, perhaps he is the two or three Black republicans left.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 12:18:13 PM »

Lmao, nothing Romney does seize to amaze me now. He is truly the phoniest politician I have ever seen.

* cease.

Go back to english class.

Tough talk from a West Virginian.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2012, 05:43:32 AM »

Townsend, writing off huge swathes of human culture won't help you get girls.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2012, 08:44:07 AM »

Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2012, 05:04:41 PM »

The anti-royal family comments in this thread are disgusting and have all been reported.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2012, 06:26:35 PM »

I don't agree with everything on that page, but it makes great points about cannabis in the Bible, and that Jesus healed using it. Jesus was a medical marijuana practioner.

I heard he fronted a pretty sick screamo band and made it rain at da club too.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2012, 07:12:44 PM »

Welcome to The Atlas Forum, one of the few places in the world where it's harder to come out as a woman than to come out as a gay.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2013, 07:33:58 PM »

cc: Deluge

Attacking adult males for liking My Little Pony is very reactionary and is a defense of traditional gender roles.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2013, 10:18:44 PM »

Here's something that I think might result in some extreme Values Dissonance: in my whole subculture and scene, things like your native culture and traditions are not supposed to matter. Because one you get involved with the subculture, THAT becomes your culture. Where you came from is washed away. Even if you were born into some specialized ethnic community, that is not what you "belong" to anymore. Race, ethnicity and background no longer matter. You know my whole neutral hoodie/band shirt/jeans outfit? People wear that EVERYWHERE. You can go to a show in Europe or even South Africa and people will be dressed the exact same way. And it helps that it's neutral and not tied to any type of region or culture and also doesn't carry any racial or class connotations, etc. You know my dislike of cliques and fraternities? It's pretty much based on the same type of thinking. Now that's not to say all sorts of categories within that culture develop (as this makes clear), but it does mean that one doesn't attach themselves to an ethnic identity anymore, and that makes any type of purely nominal denominational affiliation meaningless. It's part of a greater stream of acceptability and equality, similar to Galatians 3:28, just change "Christ Jesus" to "punk/hardcore/indie/emo".

What this does mean is that if someone is a Christian (and mind you, atheism/agnosticism is closer to the norm), they'll probably identify as just "Christian" (or something like "Christ follower") and if they have a church it'll be something neutral in terms of race and ethnic connotations. So essentially that means no Catholics, at least for that reason mentioned above. And to actually be a Catholic, this means basically accepting things like patriarchism and this:

It also means there is zero tradition of accepted schism where you go off and do your own thing, while that right is central to the Protestant tradition.

which run COMPLETELY afoul to the acceptable cultural mores. The result? If you're involved you won't be Catholic, and if you're really in deep in the scene it's not likely you'll know someone in it whose Catholic, and thus will not be familiar with someone clinging to denominational affiliation based on culture and tradition alone. Such a premise becomes very alien and difficult to comprehend because the fact is, you just don't think that way. And people who are Christian are going to want a similar style and attitude, race, gender and ethnicity are meaningless, Christ is open to EVERYONE, and that means no type of "ethnic" practices. There are some other factors involved, including the basic fact that your typical Catholic church is going to be full of mostly just olds on any given Sunday, but that's the jist of the whole thing.

Now before someone points out that this is rather hypocritical for something that appeals pretty much only to middle to upper class white people, well yes, that's true. But it should at least give some insight into the mindset involved. So when PR is saying I have no respect for history, tradition and culture, well perhaps, but one must realize that's because I'm from somewhere where the rule is to NOT do that.

Hahahaha, are you quite sure you want to use this as an argument against the Catholic Church? 
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2013, 03:55:56 PM »

The United Methodist Church uses liturgical colors, BRTD.

And the one I linked to has their own app available for iPhones and Androids.

Which is, of course, a more important indicator.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2013, 10:06:40 PM »

Sawx is the best poster in Atlas history.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2013, 05:42:01 PM »

cc: Gallery

Anyone remember "The Sopranos" episode where Dr. Melfi discovers that talk therapy may only advance sociopathic tendencies? I think The Update is our version of that.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2013, 02:12:53 PM »

Context optional.

It seems like you're systematically trying to castrate yourself.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2013, 08:00:24 PM »

Virginia has seceded from the Confederacy.
Then why is McAuliffe leading in this poll?  It was Democrats who supported the Confederacy, after all.

For your perusal.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2013, 06:09:55 AM »

cc: Good Post Gallery

It's because we live in societies with shared responsibilities and not in libertarian lala land.

So you should naturally support legalization and use of ecstasy, other empathogens, and the psychedelics and dissociatives which lead to ego death and the erasure of these hyperindividualiatic libertarian wet dreams, no?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2013, 08:09:45 AM »

Realistically, 13 is about right. That's the age I got into politics,

And it's been quite a year for you, hasn't it?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2013, 02:32:03 PM »

And furthermore the term "Real American" sounds hardly intellectual.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2013, 02:41:16 PM »

Not wanting to sound pretentious, but taking into account my academic record, you would be wise not to insinuate that I am a moron.

Perfect.

Well you have to give the poor hifly the benefit of the doubt - presumably he doesn't understand English very well, being from Germany.

Actually to get into Oxford University you do need to speak fluent English I believe.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2013, 11:09:59 AM »

Good enough to cross-post here as well as the Gallery:

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons.

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant; they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.

If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.

Keep interested in your career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs; for the world is full of trickery.

But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals; and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself. Especially, do not feign affection.

Neither be critical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2013, 08:16:54 PM »

Because it's a show that's essentially custom made for people like me basically.

Fair enough. The issue is that as far as I can tell almost all of the characters are people like you in some way or another. I imagine that might get a little boring eventually. I wouldn't appreciate Anne of Green Gables nearly as much if every character thought and acted along similar lines to Marilla, or Genji monogatari if Utsusemi and Lady Rokujo took over the whole plot.

(Actually, that's a lie; I'd LOVE Genji monogatari if Utsusemi and Lady Rokujo took over the whole plot, but that has more to do with the other characters than it does with them.)

I now understand the incomprehensibility other posters feel when I post in depth stuff about Ingress.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2013, 03:35:07 PM »

Cathcon continues to be among our best posters.

Liberalism is never finished. It will continue until it ravenously devours our nation and dissolves it into an amorphous, collectivist blob.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2013, 10:42:48 AM »

I love the hate coming from individuals who lack the academic and intellectual capacity to go to the Best Colleges.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies