IL-3 Dem Primary: Election Day! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 05:44:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  IL-3 Dem Primary: Election Day! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IL-3 Dem Primary: Election Day!  (Read 81394 times)
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« on: December 25, 2017, 10:23:38 AM »

No fan of Lipinski, but have no respect for "Justice Democrats" (fringe) as well.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2017, 11:08:44 PM »

Guys I don't know why you are so mean to a nice hardworking congressman. I mean he's meeting all the requirements for being a progressive!:

-Not voting for the GOP's single biggest piece of legislation.
-Went the entire Obama presidency without calling for his impeachment.

I mean, what more do you people want from your elected representatives?!?!?!?!?

As a snark - not funny. But, gun to my head - i would still rather vote Lipinski (repeat - while not being a big fan of him) then for "Justice Democrat". Don't like fringe at all.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2017, 04:40:20 AM »

It typically takes a lot for me to fully support the primarying of a Democratic opponent, but I wholeheartedly endorse Newman and am glad Gillibrand would be bold enough to do so as well. Litmus-testing is not a concept I typically see favorably, but a pro-life anti-ACA Democrat is hardly a Democrat, and this district is not like WV where you need to accept the moderate Democratic incumbent so that a conservative Republican isn't elected instead; it's D+6.

There are lots of pro-life and even anti-ACA Democrats. Mostly in the South, but still - they exist in good numbers.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 12:48:26 AM »

Well, Lipinsky beat (albeit - barely) a very strong attack (and in process has shown he has his own strength, too), but, if nothing changes, one of the next attcks will get him. On the other hand - he needs to win exactly once before next redistricting, and who knows - how Illinois districts will look after that...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies