US House Redistricting: California (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 06:49:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  US House Redistricting: California (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: US House Redistricting: California  (Read 81350 times)
Dgov
United States

« on: June 03, 2011, 08:49:45 PM »

That looks really tough for Dreier, Issa, Loretta Sanchez, and Costa.

Why is Fresno still carved up?

The requirements of the comission were to create districts by income ( I think), so the realtively wealthly White parts should be cut from the Barrio Hispanic parts.
Dgov
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 02:55:55 AM »

I guess the GOP is dead in the Bay Area. Not even the San Ramon Valley is GOP anymore.

Danville is still Republican. It's the only Bay Area city of note with a McCain majority, though.

Atherton and Hillsborough over here in the West Bay (San Mateo County) voted like 51% McCain i think, but they're the cities the Multi-Millionaires and their Liberal kids all live in.  Give them another few years and they'll vote D nationally too.
Dgov
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 05:02:14 PM »

Atherton was about 55% Obama. Not sure on Hillsborough, but probably more Democratic than Atherton. I thought Danville voted for McCain, but maybe I'm wrong. Would have to open up DRA to check again.

You're right on the first two (Hillsborough and Atherton were both about 58%), but Danville isn't much better at 55% Obama. (according to DRA)

Though this means that not only did no major bay area cities vote for McCain, no major bay area cities even voted above average Republican.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies