The General Election poll!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 10:22:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  The General Election poll!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12
Author Topic: The General Election poll!  (Read 48377 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: January 17, 2004, 02:51:00 PM »

Good job GWBfan.

Once and for all, DemrepDan would not be able to carry Illinois.  Nym is a midwesterner himself and the state would not be in play.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #126 on: January 17, 2004, 02:54:02 PM »

Good job GWBfan.

Once and for all, DemrepDan would not be able to carry Illinois.  Nym is a midwesterner himself and the state would not be in play.

Demrepdan is moderate and popular in his home state. Also, he would campaign heavily there. It would be in play, I can assure you of that. But I am seriously thinking of letting that and Ohio switch places.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #127 on: January 17, 2004, 02:54:38 PM »

I think that Oregon, Ohio, and West Virginia should at least be tossups as well.

Hopefully Realpolitik can help me win West Virginia. Smiley
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #128 on: January 17, 2004, 02:55:33 PM »

I think thats pretty much right except maybe Oregon and Washington might need to swap and CA might be a toss up but other then that its right on.

Why would California be a tossup? (And don't come with any "b/c of the popular attorney general" talk). And Oregon is less Democratic than Washington, at least in the last election.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #129 on: January 17, 2004, 02:57:32 PM »

BTW, what part of Pennsylvania are you from Supersoulty? If you are from the central or western part of the state, that would give you more of an edge in Ohio and especially West Virginia.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #130 on: January 17, 2004, 02:58:34 PM »

California is not a tossup, State attorney generlas don't win national election.  But Al could campign for Nym in WV and win the state, as he is a senator, and I have Nym up 40% in my state.
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #131 on: January 17, 2004, 02:58:52 PM »

Why would California be a tossup? (And don't come with any "b/c of the popular attorney general" talk). And Oregon is less Democratic than Washington, at least in the last election.

Califorbia has a Republican Govenor who won by wide margins in real life.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #132 on: January 17, 2004, 03:00:25 PM »

I think that Oregon, Ohio, and West Virginia should at least be tossups as well.

Hopefully Realpolitik can help me win West Virginia. Smiley

I have all these three as tossups, but I haven't posted a map with tossups included, maybe I will.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #133 on: January 17, 2004, 03:05:04 PM »
« Edited: January 17, 2004, 04:40:08 PM by GWBFan »

Okay.  Let's start up some more debate.  This map is first based on those registered to vote in our election (ie Ca, N.J. go Rep based on the voters in the fantasy election).  Second, with those states that were not represented by anyone registered, I simply judged on how they would probably go in real life or how they might be influenced by registered voters nearby.

In the case of Minnesota and New York...yep, toss-ups, b/c in each state we have 1 Dem and 1 Rep.  Minnesota would be a toss-up anyway, I believe but there's no question New York would go Dem in *any* alternate reality.  lol
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #134 on: January 17, 2004, 03:05:45 PM »

BTW, what part of Pennsylvania are you from Supersoulty? If you are from the central or western part of the state, that would give you more of an edge in Ohio and especially West Virginia.

I'm originally from West Central PA, but right now I live in Erie which is right next door.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #135 on: January 17, 2004, 03:38:38 PM »

Okay.  Let's start up some more debate.  This map is first based on those registered to vote in our election (ie Ca, N.J. go Rep based on the voters in the fantasy election).  Second, with those states that were not represented by anyone registered, I simply judged on how they would probably go in real life or how they might be influenced by registered voters nearby.

In the case of Minnesota and New York...yep, toss-ups, b/c in each state we have 1 Dem and 1 Rep.  Minnesota would be a toss-up anyway, I believe but there's no question New York would go Dem in *any* alternate reality.  lol

There are 2 NY Dems - Miami and Finn.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #136 on: January 17, 2004, 04:20:49 PM »

Ah, ok.  But did Finn register to vote?

All I did was look at the names in the Voter Registration thread.  So if Finn wasn't there, I didn't count him - same goes for anyone else who wasn't anywhere to be found in that thread.

And, of course, being human I might have made a few mistakes here and there.  One I already corrected, having Miss. go Republican while Alabama went Dem - now fixed.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #137 on: January 17, 2004, 04:22:01 PM »

All I did was look at the names in the Voter Registration thread.  So if Finn wasn't there, I didn't count him - same goes for anyone else who wasn't anywhere to be found in that thread.

And, of course, being human I might have made a few mistakes here and there.  One I already corrected, having Miss. go Republican while Alabama went Dem - now fixed.

Yes, he registered. There are actually two or more independents from NY, so it could be interesting....but they haven't registered.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #138 on: January 17, 2004, 04:26:32 PM »
« Edited: January 17, 2004, 04:26:51 PM by YoungRepub »

Yes, he registered. There are actually two or more independents from NY, so it could be interesting....but they haven't registered.

I really hope we do get some Independents, that would make it quite interesting since there probably will be no swing voters.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #139 on: January 17, 2004, 04:31:20 PM »

How would anti-human Jaichind vote?  He's from NY.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #140 on: January 17, 2004, 04:36:07 PM »

How would anti-human Jaichind vote?  He's from NY.

That's right. He would vote for the candidate that promises not to do "a Carter" and make human rights an essential part of foreign policy... Smiley

With him there are 3 independents in NY.

Maybe we can convince Dave Leip to register... Smiley
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #141 on: January 17, 2004, 04:38:32 PM »

I wonder what Leip's political leanings are.  He has that Indpendent avatar, but I don't believe him.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #142 on: January 17, 2004, 04:41:19 PM »

I wonder what Leip's political leanings are.  He has that Indpendent avatar, but I don't believe him.

I've wondered this before too.  Hmmm.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #143 on: January 17, 2004, 04:41:21 PM »

He posted a political test recently.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #144 on: January 17, 2004, 04:43:32 PM »

Okay, cool.  So 2 Dems, 1 Rep in N.Y.  That puts N.Y. in the Dem column.  I edited my last map to reflect that.  The next toss-up would now be Minnesota.  I would put that as lean Republican, considering that Gustaf isn't actually from Minnesota!  lol  But this IS a fantasy election.....
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #145 on: January 17, 2004, 04:45:44 PM »

He aid dean and Kerry were around 50%.  He's a Democrat.  Or a Republican.  I don't know.

Well he lives in Massachusetts, so probability leads me to belive that he's a Dem.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #146 on: January 17, 2004, 04:48:23 PM »

He aid dean and Kerry were around 50%.  He's a Democrat.  Or a Republican.  I don't know.

Well he lives in Massachusetts, so probability leads me to belive that he's a Dem.

He apparently got Dean, Bush, Greens and Libertarians at pretty equal numbers, but none above 54%. So he is a true independent. He claims that, in the last Massachussetts election he voted for a libertarian, a whig, an independent 2 Dems and 1 Rep (or the other way around, I'm not sure). So there is no telling how he would vote.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #147 on: January 17, 2004, 05:02:32 PM »

Well, maybe we could ASK him...
No, that's a dumb idea.  Smiley
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #148 on: January 17, 2004, 05:11:09 PM »

Well, maybe we could ASK him...
No, that's a dumb idea.  Smiley

Dare you approach the ADMINISTRATOR? *backs away from computer in awe, then returns to press "post"*
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #149 on: January 17, 2004, 05:26:13 PM »

He provides that e-mail link......
We musn't ask him!  We will find out!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length