o hai (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 12:06:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  o hai (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: o hai  (Read 6441 times)
Marnetmar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -8.24

« on: October 27, 2013, 07:27:11 PM »

Greetings Smiley

I wanted to ask you to consider re-registering in the Mideast, PJ recommended I talk to some of you guys about this.  This is off-record, meaning don't tell anyone about this invite, even if you trust them.  As you may or may not be aware, the region has recently been re-energized by the abortion debate after the Federalist majority in the Assembly, with the support of Governor ZuWo, tried to ram through a number of harsh restrictions on abortion rights (including a 25 year jail sentence for women who get abortions for reasons other than rape, incest, or to save the life of the mother).  As a Progressive, you'd be a natural ally for the center-left coalition in the region which includes both members of the Progressive Union and reasonable and respectful Laborites.  Most importantly, you'd be a critical vote against the extreme policies the region's Federalists have tried to ram through.  We're gonna make a strong push to take back the Assembly and possibly the Governorship, but we'll need your support!  Thoughts?  Thanks and Dave bless Smiley
Marnetmar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 08:51:57 PM »

Good on ya Mr. X! Coming clean about these things is not something a lot of our Atlasian figures will do, and by apologizing you are a lot better than most.

Earning back trust will be difficult, but you're on the right path!
Marnetmar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 09:28:42 PM »

I feel that the main issue comes from the fact that this was meant to be kept secret for whatever reason.
Marnetmar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 10:24:50 AM »

3. Mr. X needs not apologize so profusely. In fact, he is owed an apology because what happened in making a thread out of a PM is probably a violation of the law.

This is a simulation, isn't it?

Marnetmar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 11:05:29 PM »

2. The personal message I sent to Marnetmar never said it was  secret and should he have decided to move to the mideast, it would have been a little obvious when it happened.

I don't recall ever receiving a PM from you, would you mind sending it again?
Marnetmar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 12:08:46 AM »
« Edited: October 29, 2013, 12:18:19 AM by Marnetmar »

I recieved the PM from Mr. X, my apologies.
Marnetmar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2013, 06:37:46 PM »
« Edited: October 29, 2013, 06:39:18 PM by Marnetmar »

I include Marnetmar in that category, btw, because the more I think about it, it really wasn't right of him to post this either (especially given his reason for posting the PM).  I don't know what the deal is with him not receiving a PM from PJ, all I know about that is what PJ told me.

I'm afraid I don't understand. I saw dishonesty and felt that it shouldn't be kept secret.Is this an invalid reason somehow? I don't care what party it is.
Marnetmar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2013, 08:34:58 AM »

I include Marnetmar in that category, btw, because the more I think about it, it really wasn't right of him to post this either (especially given his reason for posting the PM).  I don't know what the deal is with him not receiving a PM from PJ, all I know about that is what PJ told me.

I'm afraid I don't understand. I saw dishonesty and felt that it shouldn't be kept secret.Is this an invalid reason somehow? I don't care what party it is.

I'm not gonna leak the PM, but that certainly wasn't the impression I got.  That may have been part of it, but it didn't sound like why you said you leaked it.  IIRC, you said you thought it would be fun and humorous to play Julian Assange when I asked you what would be gained from ruining my reputation and humiliating me in public over this since I had already told you that I regretted it and wasn't going to do it again (I forget the exact words, and no, you don't have permission to post those PMs just because I alludes to them) even before I knew you leaked it.  I could be wrong, but that doesn't sound like moral outrage so much as having fun at someone else's expense simply because you could.  Also I did let you know at least once (possibly twice, I forget) that posting PMs was against site policy, so it isn't like you didn't know better.  I think it is against ToS to post them, or at least gets you death points, but I could be wrong. 

You pointed out to me that this was a simulation game and wasn't to be taken seriously, so the mindset had shifted. In said simulation, I see an action that is morally wrong and expose it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies