Austrian Elections & Politics 5.0 (Burgenland state election - January 26) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 01:16:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Austrian Elections & Politics 5.0 (Burgenland state election - January 26) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who would you vote for in the Sept. 29 federal election ?
ÖVP

SPÖ

FPÖ

NEOS

NOW

Greens

KPÖ

Change

A regional party

Invalid/Blank

I wouldn't vote

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 110

Author Topic: Austrian Elections & Politics 5.0 (Burgenland state election - January 26)  (Read 144079 times)
Hnv1
YaBB God

« on: September 07, 2019, 03:15:41 AM »

I went through the bios of a lot of candidates and it seems Austrians don’t care much for formal education. Why is that? Austrian politicians have a really subpar bio when it comes to academic qualifications
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2019, 05:37:29 AM »

I went through the bios of a lot of candidates and it seems Austrians don’t care much for formal education. Why is that? Austrian politicians have a really subpar bio when it comes to academic qualifications

Why should it matter that major politicians have an academic degree ? You don't need that to lead a country in a proper manner. A high school degree is certainly enough. You only need to have street smarts. Most of the real work is done by their aides anyway in the background (and most of them have an academic degree). A lot of people with a higher degree are mostly smug anyway and have no connection to ordinary working people (see the douche Macron).
Well I think a leader needs some pedigree of knowledge of the world that exceeds that gained by a high school degree or a degree in communications from some poor university. Having a president who went to Penn State or a PM that went to the university of East Angllia will be a bit more than a trivia fact. Yale law school or oxford PPE programs are also pretty much set on qualifying future politicians.

But Germany is also similar in that matter so I guess it’s a cultural thing
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2019, 03:19:03 PM »

Another election tool with 34 questions in English:

https://www.voteswiper.org/en/austria/2019-austrian-legislative-election

I got KPÖ, followed by Change, followed by the Greens.

NEOS last.
I got FPÖ followed by ÖVP. Surprised as I would have voted for the NEOS who I got almost at the bottom
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2019, 01:14:41 PM »

OVP-NEOS is an excellent coalition. great results today, well done Austria
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2019, 02:41:15 PM »

Impressive results for Kurz. Is there no option for him to pull some FPÖ delegates and increment the ÖVP? Is floor crossing even done in Austrian politics?
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2019, 11:57:58 AM »

Austrian GDP will grow by 1.6% this year and 1.4% next year - according to new forecasts by the main domestic economic institutes (WIFO/IHS) today. That is much better than Germany this year (0.4%) or Italy (recessionist).

Unemployment will remain at 4.4% and there will be a budget surplus of 0.6% this year and 0.4% next year. Inflation is low at 1.6% and debt as a percentage of GDP will decline from 69% to 65% next year (down from the all-time-high of 87% in 2016).

65% debt would be back to pre-financial-crisis-levels (2007).

https://orf.at/stories/3139702
That's all around decent economic figure, did the right coalition had any major reforms the past two years to drive economy forward?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies