Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 11:11:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be  (Read 140918 times)
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« on: October 23, 2017, 07:20:04 PM »

How many posts did I have?
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 08:10:26 PM »

I'm getting more and more disillusioned with some in my party because they say the right thing but focus on all the wrong issues once we should be in power.  The flurry of bills that happened within days after Republicans got full control of Kentucky should have happened at the federal level by now, and the fact it hasn't is inexcusable.  How many people are actually willing to stand up for true conservatism- rather than populism, nationalism, libertarianism, or any other corrupting ideology?
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 05:55:30 PM »

Wish me luck...I'm going to California for a few days next weekend.  Any guesses on how long it takes me to trigger the locals?
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2017, 08:10:30 PM »

Leaving before the crack of dawn tomorrow for my trip to the DPRC

Democratic Peoples' Republic of Commiefornia
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 01:11:24 AM »

Leaving before the crack of dawn tomorrow for my trip to the DPRC

Democratic Peoples' Republic of Commiefornia

Nice! Have fun out here!

I got back yesterday.  It was actually a pretty nice trip to the Land of Reagan (that was the main reason I went there in the first place), but I was also able to catch up with some old friends!
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2017, 11:16:36 PM »

I hate write-ins
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2017, 09:14:05 PM »

I was flat-out rejected from my first choice (where I applied ED) four years ago and it all worked out in the end where I wound up.
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2018, 03:16:43 PM »

Tomorrow marks 10 years since the day that, while I didn't realize it at the time, has had the greatest impact on my life.  A middle school version of me was spending the weekend at my grandparents' farm house (really just a countryside vacation home for them), and it just seemed like any other weekend.  We had a nice dinner and were watching the NFL playoffs.  Then, we decided to put a presidential primary debate on the TV.  While watching the debate, my grandfather was asking me a series of questions to try to figure out whether I was a Republican or Democrat, and I largely did not even understand what he was saying.

However, one question from that night stuck with me.  My grandfather had asked me what I thought about abortion, to which I replied "what's that?".  After he told me what it was, I said that it was murder and was horrified that it was legal to kill a baby.  At that point, I didn't even know which side thought what on abortion (something I would learn during the general election campaign), but, ever since that day, I have dedicated my life to ending abortion.  It's the most important thing I could ever do and will save millions of people who I will never even meet, but who still deserve to live.
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2018, 10:56:19 PM »

My immigration views just keep drifting further and further to the left.  One quiz just said I'm 62% Democrat on immigration despite being far-right on everything else.
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2018, 10:54:09 PM »

Decided to start looking at colleges. Why the hell does everything cost money?
It's not called the free market because everythings free you dirty facking commie Tongue

And, when I was touring and applying to colleges in 2012-14, every school said that they would meet all of your family's need (my family didn't need financial aid), so you won't be paying the full $60K+ prices unless your family can afford them.  I've never understood how people wind up with student debt unless their parents leave them high and dry.
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2018, 01:14:33 AM »

Decided to start looking at colleges. Why the hell does everything cost money?
It's not called the free market because everythings free you dirty facking commie Tongue

And, when I was touring and applying to colleges in 2012-14, every school said that they would meet all of your family's need (my family didn't need financial aid), so you won't be paying the full $60K+ prices unless your family can afford them.  I've never understood how people wind up with student debt unless their parents leave them high and dry.

“Financial aid” is itself a set of loans.

Most of the schools I was looking at guaranteed that students would graduate debt-free, exclusively using grants, if I remember correctly.
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2018, 06:30:04 PM »

I just randomly put on my eclipse glasses from August and looked at the Sun for no reason...
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2018, 10:32:25 PM »

Just found out I scored very, very well on the SAT.
Interesting. If you don’t mind me asking, exactly how well?

man thats awesome i only got a 23
Are you sure? I'm pretty sure you'd have to actively try to be that stupid.

yeah i told "the man" to take his tests with him and crawl back into hell #YOLO

When I took it, it was out of 2400, so I got way higher than anyone this year Smiley
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2018, 10:51:16 PM »

After church last Sunday, some guy tried to set me up with one of his girlfriend's friends and told me she had been married before.  I assumed it was brief and figured she was a couple years older than me, but still in her 20s.  After talking to her for a while, I realized tonight that she is twice my age (42-43 vs. almost 22), and now I'm confused as to why anyone had that idea in the first place.
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2018, 12:54:39 AM »

Not saying who, but I randomly had lunch with a former GOP congressman from the Midwest after church today (he has family at my church).
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2018, 01:54:54 AM »

Not saying who, but I randomly had lunch with a former GOP congressman from the Midwest after church today (he has family at my church).

C'mon why won't you tell us?

I will PM you (and anyone else who wants to know)
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2018, 12:10:00 AM »

I love sports, but it seems like my favorite team(s) in every sport have been losing and losing for the past week or two.  This needs to end!
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2018, 10:28:58 PM »

Well, as of this morning, I'm a college grad.  According to Atlas, I should be a neoliberal Democrat who was Republican until Trump but now votes straight ticket Democratic! Smiley
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2018, 05:51:40 PM »

I recently moved into a new place that I was connected to through a Facebook group.  The apartment is really a bargain for me, but my roommate (who I didn't know prior to this) has a far less steady job and far less income.  I have made some changes that I was willing to pay for (such as renting a washer/dryer instead of going to the complex's laundry center and vastly upgrading the cable package), but there seems to be one sticking point- the air conditioner.  He likes to keep it in the mid 70s and turn it off during the day to save money, while I mostly want to be comfortable.  I hate the idea of coming back from work in long pants and sometimes long sleeves to a warm house.  If it were completely up to me, I would set it to no higher than 70 and never turn it off unless I was out for several days at once.  I have a fan that I sleep with and don't even use a comforter (I never really have), and I don't want to cause a fight, but I don't know what to say.
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2018, 09:36:52 PM »

Checked off another state (I'm in Connecticut for the entire week for work):

(Green states are borderline cases where I have either had a layover or driven/passed through)
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2018, 07:07:59 PM »

I know this is usually non-political, but this retirement is what I have been waiting for ever since I knew who Kennedy was and that he was the swing vote temporarily saving Roe v. Wade.  I can just taste the victory, and I will cry tears of joy uncontrollably when the unborn are once again protected.
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2018, 07:04:53 PM »

I voted for Bill Lee for governor in our primary election today
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2018, 04:58:08 PM »

I voted for Bill Lee for governor in our primary election today

I'd thought you'd support Diane Black. What made you go for Lee?

I like Diane and originally planned to vote for her, but her campaign has focused far too much on immigration for my tastes.  I really like Bill Lee's message and think he is a genuine guy who will stick to his values in office.
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2018, 10:53:59 AM »

I met Bill Lee this morning!
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2018, 09:52:58 PM »

I met an amazing girl a couple weeks ago, and after going out last night, we both said that we see it going somewhere.  Unfortunately, I won't see her again for another week and a half, but I am feeling really good about things.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies