Paste the last thing you copied. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 04:04:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Paste the last thing you copied. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Paste the last thing you copied.  (Read 93039 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« on: March 17, 2012, 02:57:54 PM »

http://grist.org/election-2012/al-gore-running-for-senate-on-green-platform/
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 06:48:04 AM »

n gathering moss.

sorry.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 02:14:59 PM »

minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 09:08:21 AM »

http://traditionalfilipinoweapons.com/Sandata.html

Pretty.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 09:53:21 AM »

From a news item about a man in Saxony being issued false license plates (RIP instead of PIR for Pirna) by mistake and not noticing. Some cops did after weeks or months, I forgot.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 09:06:49 AM »

"As enacted, the regulation does no more than ensure that parents can make an informed decision" whether to consent, she added.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 11:40:51 AM »

Last night I went down to the railroad tracks To watch that train roll by 99 cars screaming into the dark I heard the lonesome whistle cry
With her name on my arm and the rain coming down I kissed her like it was the first time I took her down to the railroad tracks And her red, red lips touched mine
She said, "I wanna rock & roll Wanna hoochie coo Shake that thing Baby, love me do"
The woman's got a walk to make a man cry Throw back his head and howl Ruby red lips, liquid hips More than the law will allow
If I told her once, I told her twice I must have told her a thousand times I got a red hot mind and a cold black heart I am the jealous kind
Where the woman just laughed and said, "Sweet Daddy You know you are the only one You're my smooth lover boy, my heartache and joy Come on let's have some fun"
I wanna rock & roll Wanna hoochie coo Shake that thing Baby, love me do
It was early last night, I went downtown To a place called Johnny's Last Stand Through the blues and the smoke, I saw her on the dance floor She's with another man
The dead man's name was Louie Dupree I pushed the little button on my knife I walked up and I said, "Well hello boys and girls Have you enjoyed your life?"
It's time to rock & roll Time to hoochie coo Time to shake that thing Baby, love me do
Last night I went down to the railroad tracks To watch that train roll by 99 cars screaming into the dark I heard the lonesome whistle cry
With her name on my arm and the rain coming down I kissed her for the very last time I took her down to the railroad track And her dead, red lips touched mine
I wanna rock & roll Wanna hoochie coo Shake that thing Baby, love me do
Wanna rock & roll Wanna hoochie coo Shake that thing Baby, love me do
Baby, love me do Baby, love me do Baby, love me do Baby, love me do
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2013, 03:37:39 PM »

Philbert McAdamia

"The mods are quite lucky that He is far more merciful and forgiving than they are."

WOW! I wonder how many people those mods have slaughtered.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2013, 04:19:44 PM »

Magic is capital controlled by the wizarding world. The "pure-blood" Slytherins represent the aristocracy who believe that "magic" (i.e. capital) should be in the hands of a privileged elite. The "clever" Ravenclaws represent the bourgeois intelligentsia. Hufflepuff are the petty-bourgeois, stupid and useless yet still oppressive.

All wizards treat Muggles (proletarians) as inferior beings and allow them to labour and suffer when, if they control of the means of production (magic), they could have much better lives. The Muggles are unaware of magic's existence, just like the proletariat are largely unaware of the existence of capitalism. The house-elves are skilled labourers lacking class-consciousness, believing that the system is kind to them. Dobby is like that guy in The Ragged-Trousered Philanthropists, but he ultimately fails in igniting revolution.

Note that while some believe that it is acceptable for Muggle-borns to learn magic (i.e. become nouveau riche) and others disagree, all agree that magical people are inherently superior. The wizarding peoples do not learn to perform productive labour at Hogwarts, merely how to use the magic they were born with. Similarly, the bourgeoisie need only learn to manipulate money; the workers will produce it.

And so we come to our heroes. The Gryffindors wear red Quidditch robes and represent the Red Army. Dumbledore, with his voluminous white beard, stands for Karl Marx; Hagrid is Engels, his faithful servant; while Harry Potter's glasses and untidy black hair make him identical to Leon Trotsky. Harry's lightning-bolt scar is in reference to the fatal head wound inflicted on Trotsky by Ramón Mercader with an ice pick. The two Orders of the Phoenix represent the First and Second Internationals.

Voldemort represents the modern consumer. His commodity fetishism is symbolised by the Horcruxes, "valuable" objects into which he projects parts of his soul. Possessions give him identity; destroying them shatters it, making him realise that he has not developed as a human being.

Quidditch is a further allegory. The Chasers and Keeper represent the workers, who supply most of the game's work and are forced to compete with each other. The Beaters are the armies who, although they appear to fight each other, in reality oppress the workers. The Seeker is the capitalist: he wins the gold(en snitch) and renders the Chasers' labour virtually worthless.

Snape is Lenin. He kills Dumbledore in order to fulfill Dumbledore's plans, just as Lenin modified Marxist theory to fulfil Marx's broad goals.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2013, 05:39:02 AM »

http://www.washoetribe.us/images/stories/docs/LMWASIW.pdf
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2013, 08:14:37 AM »

(without the img tags)