Weatherboy/MB for President and Vice President (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 10:17:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Weatherboy/MB for President and Vice President (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Weatherboy/MB for President and Vice President  (Read 3057 times)
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
« on: September 03, 2018, 09:26:59 AM »
« edited: September 17, 2018, 07:13:42 PM by Representative weatherboy1102 »

Tasked with deciding whether or not Weatherboy should run for President in October.

I will announce my decision in the coming days, although the entrance of Mike Wells is promising, and I may endorse him.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 08:28:58 PM »

STATEMENT ON LEAVING PUP

Hello everyone.
I'm sure some of you are surprised and many are not surprised, at my change of registration.

Let me be clear to those still in PUP, I did not want to do this.

I was one of the first to join the party back in January, back when it was regarded as a joke. I loved the party, and met some of my best political friends there.

But the party is dying, folks. I don't want to be dragged down trying to stay in a party when the best leadership had already jumped ship and either joined Labor or became Independents.

To those in PUP, I wish you luck trying to get the party back on track. You'll need it.

weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 07:36:04 PM »

I will be announcing my decision tomorrow. Stay tuned.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2018, 07:04:52 PM »

At the beginning of this year, I joined atlasia thinking it would be interesting and something just to do on the side. But now I have realized the reality of 2 full years of federalist rule. Atlasia is stagnating, political deadlock is on the horizon, and things don't seem to be getting any better. I think that we, as a nation, can do better, to elect someone who will bring new ideas and breathe life into an inactive system. I think it's obvious what I'm about to say.

I'm officially running for President of Atlasia!

But what would a president be without a V.P.?

Come on out here, Senator!
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 11:08:45 PM »

After several days, we are proud to present our full platform!

Abortion - Abortion should remain legal. At the same time, the need for and number of abortions performed should be reduced by the requirement of mandatory sex education classes in all public schools and there should be expanded access, and in many cases free access, to contraceptives for people of all ages.
Civil Liberties - Protection of civil liberties should be a top priority. The activity of the NSA should be scaled back.
Deficit - The deficit can be reduced without harming our important programs by increasing economic growth and investment, cutting unnecessary spending, and tax code changes.
Education - Funding for public schools and other educational programs should be increased. College and other after high school education options should at a low cost or free for the poor and middle-class. Tuition costs for everyone should be regulated and limited to a reasonable rate to reduce the burden of student debt.
Energy - Reduction of fossil fuel usage across the board is important. There should be incentives and tax credits to allow for more renewable energy development. In addition, investment in renewable energy should be increased, which will increase the energy independence of Atlasia and reduce our dependence on oil. All subsidizations of fossil fuels should immediately be stopped.
Environment - More regulations to protect the environment should be passed. Climate change is a serious issue, so more action needs to be taken on reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
Free Trade - Free trade is a good thing when it is done fairly. Therefore, all trade agreements we agree to must protect our jobs and include for all countries that sign them labor, human rights, and environmental conditions, that if violated, can dissolve the agreement. Unfair trade hurts our workers, companies, and industries, while at the same time benefiting other countries who use unfair and unsafe practices.
Foreign Policy - Atlasia’s foreign policy should be non-interventionist in most cases, but if we or our allies are being threatened, we should not be afraid to use military force. Also, missions for humanitarian reasons regarding human rights violations would be allowed. Preventing involvement in long-term conflicts should be a top priority though.
Game Reform - Dual officeholding bills can be a good idea to open new spots for players to increase activity, but should include clauses to be revoked in emergency situations.
Gun Control - Reasonable measures meant to curb gun violence and the sale of illegal guns should be implemented.
Healthcare - We plan on expanding the healthcare system, with our long term goal being a single-payer system for Atlasia.
Infrastructure - Funding for the maintenance and repair of infrastructure should be increased and programs that monitor infrastructure should be created. Doing this will create jobs, keep everyone safe by preventing accidents and disasters resulting from poor infrastructure, and lead to more economic growth.
Jobs/Small Businesses/Minimum Wage - We want to make the minimum wage based on the cost of living in the county where the workplace is located. We want to reduce taxes on small businesses,and increase them on large corporations.
Taxes - There should be a simple tax code that is fair with no loopholes. Taxes should be lowered on the poor, middle class, and small businesses. Taxes should be raised on the rich and wealthy so they pay their fair share.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2018, 06:08:11 PM »

I hope you can answer these few questions:

1. How would your administration effectively deal with inactive cabinet members and Federal Representatives/Senators?

2. What actions would your administration take if any to improve affordability and income inequality in Atlasia?

3. How would you handle a conflict with another active player within the game?

4. What role should the GM take in Atlasia? Are their certain storylines by the GM you feel would be out of line?

5. If an election came down to two candidates who would you choose to vote for and why?
-Candidate 1 is a partisan liberal who is incredibly loyal to your party but inactive and relatively combative with other members in the game.
-Candidate 2 is a strongly conservative member but is active and willing to effectively to work with you on issues you share some common ground on.

sorry for being so late with this. Here is our response to each question.

1. Our administration make activity a priority for all cabinet members , senators, and representatives. If a cabinet officeholder shows a continued record of being inactive, we will replace them with more active officeholders. And to reduce this problem of inactivity in the first place, we will only appoint to cabinet positions people who don't have a story of being inactive. Regarding inactive representatives and senators, our administration will try our best at addressing their inactivity privately to either get them more active, or possibly have them resign so a more active person can take their place if they are unable to become more active in the near future.

2. Our administration will focus on making college more affordable and support programs that create higher-paying jobs.

3. Our administration will deal with any conflicts between players in a professional way and non-combative way. We will try our best to prevent any conflicts from occurring in the first place, but if they do happen, we hope to privately discuss the problem with the person in question and hopefully resolve it.

4. The GM should play an active role in Atlasia with expanded storylines to make it more interactive. The GM should have more freedom to create events influenced by passed legislation or the lack of it.

5. If Candidate 1 has a long history of being inactive, then we would support Candidate 2. If Candidate 1 shows initiative and promises to be active, then we would support Candidate 1, or possibly write in someone else.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2018, 06:29:38 PM »

we have campaign logos, thanks to the highly talented Truman and Jimmy.

Truman's:

Jimmy's:
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2018, 06:31:45 PM »

Can you please answer my above questions that I previously asked.

Also:
1. What are your specific priorities you would undertake as President?
2. How will you balance the budget if your proposing to cut taxes for the poor/middle class and increase funding for education, healthcare and infrastructure among other things? Please keep in mind we’re running a deficit currently. If you instead plan on running deficits how much to you forcast you will be running?
3. What gun control regulations do you consider reasonable?
4.  Activity has been an issue for you in the house to an extent. How will you ensure you remain active enough as President?

1. Our administration will undertake the tasks of improving healthcare, making college more affordable, increasing funding our public schools and early childhood education programs, protecting and raising the wages of our workers, and investing more in renewable energy sources to decrease the use of fossil fuels.
2. We will balance the budget by raising taxes on the wealthy and by greatly cutting unneeded defense spending.
3. We support increasing penalties on those who sell or transport illegal guns, and those who use guns to commit crimes.
4. While I have recently missed some votes in the House, I have focused more on Atlasia and promise to maintain a high level of activity from now on and as president if I’m elected.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2018, 06:37:34 PM »

Please answer these questions
1. what is your stance on science?
2. Will you invest more money into space exploration and cures for diseases.
3. What is your stance on unions and our anti-trust laws
4. Will you be supportive of increasing benefits for the poor, disabled and old?

thank you for the questions.

1. Science is important and more money should be invested into research and STEM education in schools.
2. Investing more money into space exploration and cures for diseases is an important goal for our administration.
3. Labor unions allow workers to get higher pay and collect more benefits, while right-to-work laws hurts workers. Anti-trust laws should be strengthened and heavily enforced to prevent monopolies.
4. Increasing the benefits that help the poor, disabled, and seniors is another important goal for our administration.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2018, 10:09:43 PM »

Why do you believe that your ticket is the best choice for a moderate independent such as myself?

Our administration would be pragmatic, likely leading to much more moderate and center-left solutions to issues. I believe that in the end our solutions will be similar to the ideal of many who are just left of center such as yourself.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies