Are Republicans seriously claiming Romney was right on Obama's Libya comment (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 05:52:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Are Republicans seriously claiming Romney was right on Obama's Libya comment (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Are Republicans seriously claiming Romney was right on Obama's Libya comment  (Read 6899 times)
Cryptic
Shadowlord88

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -6.09

« on: October 16, 2012, 11:50:22 PM »
« edited: October 17, 2012, 12:02:37 AM by Shadowlord88 »

lol, he was referring to 911, read the transcript, he wouldn't confirm it was an act of terror on the View.  Took 14 days, but go ahead and believe him none of the other lies have stopped you.

Let's look at that section of the transcript, shall we. 

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Used Fox so no one can accuse me of only using liberal sources or something.  Also, the link was on hand cause a Facebook friend had it, but let's get into it.   

In the transcript, Obama clearly refers to the attack in Benghazi in the same paragraph as 9/11.  He talks about 9/11 and says "AND THEN last night we learned the news of this attack in Benghazi."  He tied 9/11 back to Benghazi in the very text of the transcript.  The "acts of terror" line applies to the attack on Benghazi just as much as 9/11.

Are you really going to try and argue that line only refers to 9/11 when he brought Benghazi up in the same paragraph in a clear comparison to 9/11 and doesn't switch the topic back to 9/11 before referring to "acts of terror?" 
Cryptic
Shadowlord88

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 11:59:01 PM »

I'll add that blaming the moderator never helps historically, especially in Presidential races. 
Cryptic
Shadowlord88

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 02:18:32 PM »
« Edited: October 17, 2012, 03:03:06 PM by Shadowlord88 »

Yes, it's called the plane of 'Reality'.

I'll repost my previous statement.

Let's look at that section of the transcript, shall we. 

Used Fox so no one can accuse me of only using liberal sources or something.  Also, the link was on hand cause a Facebook friend had it, but let's get into it.   

In the transcript, Obama clearly refers to the attack in Benghazi in the same paragraph as 9/11.  He talks about 9/11 and says "AND THEN last night we learned the news of this attack in Benghazi."  He tied 9/11 back to Benghazi in the very text of the transcript.  The "acts of terror" line applies to the attack on Benghazi just as much as 9/11.

Are you really going to try and argue that line only refers to 9/11 when he brought Benghazi up in the same paragraph in a clear comparison to 9/11 and doesn't switch the topic back to 9/11 before referring to "acts of terror?" 

Is referencing the text of the transcript to show Obama DID refer to the Benghazi attack as an "act of terror" a good enough dose of reality for you?
Cryptic
Shadowlord88

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 10:50:40 AM »
« Edited: October 18, 2012, 10:52:11 AM by Shadowlord88 »

If Obama called the Benghazi attack an “act of terror” in his Rose Garden speech, then he also said the victims of that attack were buried in the “hallowed grounds of Arlington Cemetery” and that he had visited them at Walter Reed — other comments in that speech not specifically referring to the Benghazi attack.

You are guilty of wishful thinking shadow.  My guess is you want Obama to have been right (even though it really doesn't explain why he than flipped to being wrong again for 14 days) so you are willing to believe this unbelievable lie he told yesterday.   

That's an interesting interpretation of the statement, since Obama clearly mentions it is the troops who served in Iraq and Afghanistan who are buried in Arlington and whom he visited at Walter Reed.  Here, I even highlighted it for you. 

Don't see how it's a lie when its right there in the transcript that the Benghazi attack is being compared to 9/11.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies