2020 Poll Hype Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 07:24:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Poll Hype Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 99
Author Topic: 2020 Poll Hype Thread  (Read 189707 times)
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: November 16, 2019, 05:14:39 PM »

This Poll will mostly likely confirm that South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg is now a serious Contender of the Iowa Caucuses.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #101 on: November 26, 2019, 01:34:01 PM »

Emerson College Polling has announced a new collaboration with 7NEWS/WHDH for a series of statewide polls in New Hampshire – including a 10-day tracking poll in February 2020 – providing viewers with the clearest possible picture of the presidential race in the first in the nation primary.

The first poll will be released tonight on 7NEWS at 9 p.m.

The highlight of the partnership – an exclusive New Hampshire tracking poll that runs through Election Night 2020 – will begin Feb. 2, 2020, the day before the Iowa Caucus, and continue through the New Hampshire primary on Feb. 11, 2020. The tracking poll will measure daily changes in the Democratic and Republican fields as the presidential candidates rise and fall in popularity with New Hampshire voters.

In a statement, WHDH/WLVI Vice President and General Manager Jimmy Rogers said, “This is an exciting time to announce our partnership with Emerson College Polling. 7NEWS has been involved in exclusive and nationally cited tracking polls in New Hampshire in each of the last five presidential elections, beginning in 2000. We are committed to providing our viewers with unbiased and insightful analysis of this historic election. Emerson College Polling’s outstanding record for accuracy will ensure our viewers receive the best data available.”

Emerson College Polling is a Charter Member of the American Association of Public Opinion Research (AAPOR) Transparency Initiative and has received an A- rating for accuracy from Nate Silver’s 538, making it a top ten pollster in the country.

https://whdh.com/news/emerson-college-7news-partner-for-nh-presidential-polling-first-poll-to-be-released-tonight-on-7news-at-9-p-m
bilaps
« Reply #102 on: November 26, 2019, 02:05:33 PM »

Q national is coming out today.

They had Warren 28, Biden 21 and Sanders 15 last time around.

Also they had Pete at 10, which is still i think his best number nationaly since. But you could say that they picked up his rise first.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #103 on: November 27, 2019, 09:28:36 AM »

I'm really curious to see a new SC/NV poll with Pete's momentum. I'd also like to see how CA looks.

Oh the things I'd do if I were a billionaire instead of running for President.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #104 on: November 27, 2019, 09:39:56 AM »

Biden is gonna win Cali, Pelosi and LGBT are protecting Biden on Ukraine and Impeachment.

Latinos which represent 30% and AA 20% are huge for Biden as well as Co, NV
rhg2052

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -6.78

« Reply #105 on: November 27, 2019, 07:30:36 PM »

Pelosi and LGBT are protecting Biden on Ukraine and Impeachment

wat.
Lisa's voting Biden
LCameronAL
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.75, S: -3.83

« Reply #106 on: December 04, 2019, 11:09:52 PM »

I just got called to do a national poll. Results should be out sometime in the next week. Anyone else contacted by them?
Cinemark

« Reply #107 on: December 08, 2019, 06:39:23 PM »

Yang is hyping up good news in the coming week. So, he's either full of it, or we are getting a new poll soon.

https://twitter.com/AndrewYang/status/1203783533912842240
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #108 on: December 08, 2019, 10:01:51 PM »

Yang is hyping up good news in the coming week. So, he's either full of it, or we are getting a new poll soon.

I wonder how he got that info early... sounds a little shady!
Cinemark

« Reply #109 on: December 09, 2019, 12:10:44 PM »

We are getting a national Monmouth poll tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/MonmouthPoll/status/1204070755287412738

This might get Yang into the debate if he's lucky, their last poll had him at 3% nationally so a small bump will do it.

Gabbard more than likely wont get anything from this poll as she was at, *check notes*, 0% in Monmouth's last national poll.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #110 on: December 09, 2019, 06:24:04 PM »

I wonder how he got that info early... sounds a little shady!

Not really. Someone on his team might know someone. I know someone at Monmouth who has told me polling results before release.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #111 on: December 09, 2019, 09:15:51 PM »

If Monmouth really comes out of nowhere and gives Yang/Gabbard a qualifying poll at the 11th hour I’ll be pissed. We need to be clearing the stage of candidates that have no chance.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #112 on: December 09, 2019, 09:34:03 PM »

If Monmouth really comes out of nowhere and gives Yang/Gabbard a qualifying poll at the 11th hour I’ll be pissed. We need to be clearing the stage of candidates that have no chance.

Apparently it's not qualifying for Gabbard, as she's now suddenly decided to bravely take a stand by boycotting the debate she wasn't invited to.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #113 on: December 10, 2019, 12:07:13 AM »

Probably like their NH media poll one with undecideds in the General Election.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #114 on: December 10, 2019, 12:49:15 AM »

If you're gonna make me listen to tom steyer and peter paul montgomery buttigieg, I get to make you listen to Yang. Fair's fair.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #115 on: December 10, 2019, 11:09:06 AM »

If you're gonna make me listen to tom steyer and peter paul montgomery buttigieg, I get to make you listen to Yang. Fair's fair.

I don’t disagree on that. Steyer shouldn’t be on that stage either. Pete is arguably the front runner in at least Iowa though.
Cinemark

« Reply #116 on: December 10, 2019, 11:10:27 AM »

Theres a Quinnipiac national poll coming out at 3 today.
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #117 on: December 13, 2019, 10:16:59 PM »

A Bunch of CBS/YouGov  Super Tuesday polls coming Sunday.

Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #118 on: December 14, 2019, 10:18:51 AM »

A Bunch of CBS/YouGov  Super Tuesday polls coming Sunday.

It’s probably just 1 poll.

All Super Tuesday states combined, as they usually do.

Maybe they have a CA & TX poll, but I’m pretty sure they are not releasing results for VT or UT ...
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #119 on: December 15, 2019, 10:46:21 AM »

Maybe they have a CA & TX poll, but I’m pretty sure they are not releasing results for VT or UT ...

It is in fact just one poll of all the Super Tuesday states. Very lame.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cbs-news-battleground-tracker-biden-with-edge-in-super-tuesday-states-bloomberg-in-5th/

YouGov also continues to be strangely pro-Warren with their numbers.
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #120 on: December 15, 2019, 12:28:31 PM »

Very disappointing. I Should have known better. Hate these multi state type polls.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #121 on: December 16, 2019, 12:44:18 PM »

A new USA Today/Suffolk poll probably tomorrow:

Link
weixiaobao
« Reply #122 on: December 25, 2019, 02:34:22 AM »

I am guessing there would be a polling drought until after New Year.  Assume 2 days of analyzing/publishing.  So that would mean about 7 days (Jan 02-Jan 08) to poll before the deadline (Jan 10) for the January Debate.

The only candidate on the bubble is Yang.  And with the new bar raises, his chance doesn't seem good.  Some of the Yang Gang is accusing the DNC about purposefully making this arbitrary period of time in which go far enough back to include 2 qualifying polls for Klobuchar (making it her already qualified for the debate) but one day short to include Yang's second qualifying poll. 
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #123 on: December 25, 2019, 02:36:58 AM »

I am guessing there would be a polling drought until after New Year.  Assume 2 days of analyzing/publishing.  So that would mean about 7 days (Jan 02-Jan 08) to poll before the deadline (Jan 10) for the January Debate.

The only candidate on the bubble is Yang.  And with the new bar raises, his chance doesn't seem good.  Some of the Yang Gang is accusing the DNC about purposefully making this arbitrary period of time in which go far enough back to include 2 qualifying polls for Klobuchar (making it her already qualified for the debate) but one day short to include Yang's second qualifying poll. 

Steyer is actually in a better position than Yang to qualify, because he already has 2 polls and Yang just 1 and Steyer could get the necessary donors in a few days.

But as you said none of the 2 will make the January debate because there is no polling.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #124 on: December 25, 2019, 03:20:45 AM »
« Edited: December 25, 2019, 03:30:12 AM by eric82oslo »

I am guessing there would be a polling drought until after New Year.  Assume 2 days of analyzing/publishing.  So that would mean about 7 days (Jan 02-Jan 08) to poll before the deadline (Jan 10) for the January Debate.

The only candidate on the bubble is Yang.  And with the new bar raises, his chance doesn't seem good.  Some of the Yang Gang is accusing the DNC about purposefully making this arbitrary period of time in which go far enough back to include 2 qualifying polls for Klobuchar (making it her already qualified for the debate) but one day short to include Yang's second qualifying poll.  

Steyer is actually in a better position than Yang to qualify, because he already has 2 polls and Yang just 1 and Steyer could get the necessary donors in a few days.

But as you said none of the 2 will make the January debate because there is no polling.

In the 2016 cycle, there were 7-8 polls released nationally and in the 4 early states between January 1st and 10th, however I don't believe all of them would be qualifying this time around since DNC's rules are so super strict when it comes to which polls they accept. We're probably talking somewhere in the 4 to 7 qualifying polls range before the deadline. Possibly more if CNN, the next debate moderator, decides to do a state poll in each of the 4 early states (not out of the realms of possibilities in my opinion, as most political journalists and commentators on CNN are starting to lean hardcore YangGang in the last few weeks, especially since the last CNN debate). And also because they want to stick it to MSNBC that they are fair and impartial, unlike them, NBC and Comcast. ABC could do a couple of extra polls too, due in parts to pressure from The View panel, where at least 2 out of 6 (Whoopi and McCain, possibly Abby Huntsman as well) are really hardcore YangGang as well.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 99  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies