In which states would Hillary have done better than Obama and worse than Obama? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 11:55:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  In which states would Hillary have done better than Obama and worse than Obama? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: In which states would Hillary have done better than Obama and worse than Obama?  (Read 10087 times)
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« on: April 26, 2010, 01:21:27 AM »

Green: Hillary would have done better.
Gray: Hillary wouldn't have done better.
Red: Not much of a difference.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 05:29:31 PM »

http://

Blue- Obama does better
Red- Clinton does better

This is interesting and I say Obama does better in most places because of the large majority he won by. Hillary Clinton comes off as cold and mean so I think the election would've come down to Ohio between her and McCain.

The fact that you have Obama doing better in Oklahoma is hilarious. Look back to the primary: she carried every single county except Oklahoma (City) County and he just narrowly won that, and McCain carried every single county in the general, and look at how strongly those counties in Little Dixie (close to Arkansas) swung away from him.

She comes off as cold and mean? That must explain why she has the highest approval ratings of any member of the current administration, including Mr. Hope and Change.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 03:43:54 AM »

This map looks about right to me, though I think I would switch RI, SD and Arizona.

I'd only flip AZ, but yeah, that's a good map.

I agree with that too. Wyoming who knows? I don't think any math has been done between Obama and Clinton matched up against McCain there. I'm not sure if Clinton would've won Florida or Ohio either.

No, Hillary would have won FL and OH, and she would ahve done so by a larger margin than Obama. She was much more popular among blue-coillar workers and seniors than he was.

Obama appeared as moderate though. Hillary Clinton wouldn't have been able to avoid her positions on social issues and in a state like Florida that will not go over well. Ohio is similar but the economy may have tipped it to her favor. I think Hillary and McCain would've come down to Ohio like Bush and Kerry.

Obama, a moderate? LOL on what planet? The entire media (left and right) painted him as the more liberal candidate. Hell, even right-wing commentator Ann Coulter said that she would vote for Hillary over McCain because Hillary was more "conservative." You may not remember but liberals hated her when Obama came along, all because of her vote for the Iraq War and because she's a foreign policy hawk.

IIRC, she did win the disputed primary in Florida. Social issues weren't nearly as big of an issue in 2008 as they were in 2004. Like someone said above, Florida has many of the demographics in her favor and is the oldest state in the nation, so she probably could have won senior citizens over McShame. Plus, I read somewhere where there are a lot of transplants from New York who live in South Florida. I don't know; I won't speculate on Florida politics, but she did have the endorsement of Sen. Bill Nelson, Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, etc.

No doubt in my mind she would have won Florida and by a bigger margin than Obama.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies