As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 08:46:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread) (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 316610 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2012, 01:12:47 AM »

Take a melatonin and you'll sleep like a baby.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #26 on: February 29, 2012, 10:15:01 AM »

This is great. The writers have set up such a cliffhanger that I literally wet myself every time I see BushOK has replied to this thread. I'm sure The Decision will be drawn out for the rest of the week, so I packed some extra underwear!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #27 on: February 29, 2012, 07:09:52 PM »

Wow!!! What a twist. I would've never expected this! It goes to show how creative the writers have become! I'm so happy for you, BushOK!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2012, 01:51:46 AM »

I have a feeling Kenya will play a big role this season. Perhaps job troubled are a thing of past seasons.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2012, 03:34:47 AM »

Your mom calms you when you're packing? God, my mother drives me absolutely insane when she tries to involve herself in anything I do.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2012, 01:48:03 AM »

I hope your boss doesn't read this site!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2012, 07:50:22 PM »

That's deep bro. Line of the season?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2012, 04:19:42 PM »

Praise God from who all blessings flow! BushOK is going to Washington!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2012, 07:12:02 PM »

That's too bad. I think it would do you good to get out of Oklahoma, especially if you've lived there all your life. Different states offer different perspectives. It's a wonderful thing.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2012, 12:55:08 AM »

I like how career was capitalized. Well done.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2012, 09:06:42 AM »

Bro, you should try taking melatonin to sleep. I haven't been able to get rest in months, but once I pop 6mgs of that stuff every night I am out like a light.

So you're a government bureaucrat now??
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2012, 02:49:09 PM »

Sigh. No use in coming to this forum until he's back. Sad
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2012, 12:34:28 PM »

I expect he's witnessing to a village full of Kenyans and partaking in their customs which would be a hilarious video.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2012, 01:01:20 PM »

I have this awful feeling BushOK is going to quit his job and move to Kenya very soon. We've seen this before when he was going to be "patient" with women and next think you knew he was engaged.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2012, 02:50:31 PM »

I have this awful feeling BushOK is going to quit his job and move to Kenya very soon. We've seen this before when he was going to be "patient" with women and next think you knew he was engaged.

Unfortunately, if he thinks God is telling him to move to Africa, it'll probably really happen sooner rather than later.

The really sad thing is that Bushie really does mean well.

I know he does, but I think he does brash and reckless things and does not really think about the consequences. I admire him for wanting to support these kids, but is his money going to them or lining the pockets of some scammer? Can he afford to support them and live on his own, or will his parents have to chip in? Is he letting these urges of wanting to travel and move now that he's been outside of Oklahoma for the first time cloud his reality?

I've known people to go to these mission trips and go about it full time. They come and go, move around all the time and really don't have a home, although I suppose "god" is their home, but whatever. Then they have kids and move them all around the world and they never really have normal lives, aren't educated properly, and the like.

I do sincerely hope he doesn't make a crazy move because he misses the thrill of a vacation. I don't want to see him throw away his job and forcing his parents to again support one of his frivolous episodes.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2012, 03:03:17 PM »

Oh no. I just read BushOK's Facebook. He is about to make a huge mistake. He's convincing himself that his growing urge to go back to Africa is god doing it and not his own mind. You know, when I wanted him to get out of Oklahoma because I feel it's a cesspool of dumbs and bigots, I never envisioned him taking that advice and wanting to move to Africa of all places.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2012, 09:10:08 AM »

Why don't you just adopt your children and move them to Oklahoma with you? Like Brad and Angelina?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2012, 09:17:08 AM »

Crap. I just read through the last few pages. BushOK will be in Kenya by the end of the summer, if not sooner. I have seen this story a million times.

Or, could he throw us a curve ball like with his job and actually do what he says? That's what makes this season so good!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2012, 03:36:07 PM »

Yeah, I just read it. Holy f**king s**t.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2012, 05:15:56 PM »

Quoting the first line would be enough. I'd do it but I don't want my first death points.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2012, 10:00:30 PM »

The flashbacks I am having are just wonderful! J-Mann is back to give advice that will undoubtedly be ignored as we watch BushKy move his date to move closer and closer to now.

Like I said earlier, he is excited about the trip and wants to go back. We all get that feeling when we have a truly wonderful time, especially when we were 3 years old, "oh I want to move  there!"

And of course, he is probably asking the same people for advice that he asked when he took the ONCompany job and the like who told him to go on a leap of faith.

I often ponder the existence of god, especially after having a good cigar and a few PBRs. I do think, though, if there is a god, he wants us to use our brains that we were given as opposed to asking him to take our hand and walk us through our lives like a 2 year old. We make choices which will determine our lives, not god. The feelings we get are our basic human emotions, not god in heaven telling us what we need to think and believe.

If BushKy is meant to be in Kenya, things will likely turn out in his favor. But the signs don't point to that, if you want me to get religious. He just got a full time job he's been wanting with decent pay where he can finally take care of himself. He has a career, like he said. If he was meant to actually move to Kenya, I doubt any of this would have happened. He's merely relishing in the excitement of his first time leaving the country. When he asked god to give him a sign about whether it was he or god, and he thought more about it, it was basic human emotion to think about something we know we shouldn't be thinking about.

Deep down, BushKy knows this plan might not fly with his family but he's trying to justify it now before he has that dreaded talk.

I hope I don't miss the second cut of his Facebook list, because while I may not seem like it, I don't want to see BushOK fail and do something stupid. We've seen that enough. He seems to have gotten his life back in some sort of order and now he's standing on the edge of the cliff about to jump again.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2012, 11:38:02 AM »

How do Bushie threads always reach a million pages? The Update was >300!

Also, RON PAUL R3VOLUTION

Have you ever read anything remotely as fascinating as BushKy's story on these forums? On the internet in general? There's a reason he gets so many responses.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2012, 01:51:59 AM »

You know, as someone with experience in long distance relationships, I feel I should say something about this move, yet again.

If you aren't even sure you will live in the same city as your "kids," then why go to Kenya? A 7 hour drive every weekend will not last as the gas will be insane and you will be exhausted. Trust me. I dated a girl long distance for 7 months after I graduated college, and it drained me both emotionally and physically trying to go to law school and travel between SC and NY all the time. Plus, it isn't the same as being near them all the time. Plus, a 7 hour drive in Kenya is far different than a 7 hour drive through the Carolinas and virginia. What if something happens and your stranded? You'd be dead. Whoever you stumble across won't be there to help you in most cases. None of us want to see that.

I know you met these kids and really like them, but to uproot your entire life to move to Kenya for them when you don't even know if they will want to live with you is absolutely insane.

In the past, I felt like your actions were just unlucky, but I am seriously thinking now some professional needs to step in before you really do screw up your life. Seriously, I am concerned. If the sole reason you want to move to Kenya is to be closer to your "kids" and those kids will still be 7 hours away if you transfer with Dell, you're setting yourself up to be heartbroken. Some other sponsor might come along and they'll be their "kids" too.

I feel like you're being very naive about all of this. One doesn't just up and moves to Kenya on a whim because they feel a "calling" to go there. That's a huge life decision and not something one just does. Especially an overweight white person from Oklahoma. You went there on a mission trip. You had a nice time and felt a powerful message, but I just feel like you're acting like a child who just went to the beach for the first time and you're begging your parents to move there so you can go to the beach all the time.

If you move to Kenya, you leave your friends and family behind. Flying back and forth between the US and Kenya probably isn't cheap and since you had to save up before for this ONE trip, imagine if you had to do it regularly. And your "kids," when they start getting older and are more independent. Then you're by yourself in a foreign country. You aren't Kenyan. You never will be Kenyan, no matter how much you think you will, and you're setting yourself up to make a mistake bigger than simply quitting your job.

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2012, 11:52:46 AM »

Can he even adopt the kids? I've heard of people sending money to Africa to support kids, but I've never heard of anyone moving there to adopt them. Will their grandmother let him? Do they even want him to be their "father?" Frankly, I'd be insulted if someone came into my life for a few weeks and called me his son because he was helping me out financially. And they might be cute now, but what about when the grow up and become rebellious, as all kids do? And college? University? I just hope they get a basic education which so few in Africa get.

BushKE seems to be treating this like it's an American style family situation just in Africa. These kids will have deeply seeded problems that have occurred in their past that will effect their future, and BusKE doesn't seem like the born leader that could step in and take care and motivate them when he still has his mom help him back before a trip. Will he even be allowed to adopt children given his behavior? And they don't just ask god if it's a good idea. They ask actual substance based questions.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2012, 05:50:18 PM »

i think others have raised a legitimate question:  what do the kids want?

how do we know they want to be adopted by a strange man from a strange place with a belief in a strange god?

I'm interested in that answer as well. It seems as if these kids have a home, they are just very poor and BushKE is helping with the expenses. I am missing the step between that and actually moving to Africa to adopt them, which, it sounds like, he can't actually do if he will still be 7 hours from them since he will be working in a totally different area of the country. It's more like he'd be the father of kids of a woman he divorced and the court ruled he could only see them on weekends.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies