Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:56:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 ... 75
Author Topic: Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls  (Read 143998 times)
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1050 on: November 26, 2017, 10:01:21 AM »

If the Democrats had nominated a ProLife Democrat, this race would not be close.

I respectfully disagree. There is such a huge aversion to voting democrat in Alabama, I dont think it mattered what Jones positions were.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1051 on: November 26, 2017, 10:41:14 AM »

If the Democrats had nominated a ProLife Democrat, this race would not be close.

I respectfully disagree. There is such a huge aversion to voting democrat in Alabama, I dont think it mattered what Jones positions were.

That. If the Democrat was pro-life then Moore and the rest of the Republicans would accuse him of being pro-gay, pro-amnesty, a tax-raiser, etc., etc.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #1052 on: November 26, 2017, 11:27:50 AM »

Abortion is a more divisive issue for evangelicals than gay marriage or amnesty. They look @ it as murdering the unborn. You can't go worse than murder.

Surely, a few people in the fence would have been more comfortable with a pro-life Democrat but whether that is enough to win is anyone's guess. But it helps, certainly doesn't hurt in the Bible belt.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1053 on: November 26, 2017, 12:48:50 PM »

That. If the Democrat was pro-life then Moore and the rest of the Republicans would accuse him of being pro-gay, pro-amnesty, a tax-raiser, etc., etc.

It did help John Bel Edwards, though. But maybe it won't hurt him a lot if voters perceive him as being honest about his political positions.

Anyway, when Moore was asked why he refuses to debate Jones he didn't said because his opponent is pro-choice, he said it's because Jones is pro-transgender.
Cashew
United States

« Reply #1054 on: November 26, 2017, 01:27:45 PM »
« Edited: November 26, 2017, 02:33:46 PM by Cashew »

It did help John Bel Edwards, though. But maybe it won't hurt him a lot if voters perceive him as being honest about his political positions.

Anyway, when Moore was asked why he refuses to debate Jones he didn't said because his opponent is pro-choice, he said it's because Jones is pro-transgender.

And.....You take him at his word? It's not that Moore might just be to cowardly to debate and that's just the excuse?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1055 on: November 26, 2017, 02:00:30 PM »

And.....You take him at his word? It's not that Moore might just be to cowardly to debate that's just the excuse?

Of course, I just wanted to show that even if Jones was pro-life, Moore and the Republicans would find another way to demonize him.
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #1056 on: November 26, 2017, 02:16:26 PM »

FWIW, the person I roomed with in my Junior Year of College was someone whose chief complaint about Hillary was abortion. At one point I did ask him if he would vote for Hillary if she was pro-life, and he essentially said, in a more sophisticated manner, "But her emails!". (He voted for Cruz in the primary,  strongly considered Castle/McMullin in the general, but came home to Trump at the last minute). Just because a democrat says what republicans want them to say on one issue doesn't mean republicans won't find some other fault with that democrat.
Keep cool-idge
Benjamin Harrison he is w
United States

« Reply #1057 on: November 26, 2017, 02:18:52 PM »

FWIW, the person I roomed with in my Junior Year of College was someone whose chief complaint about Hillary was abortion. At one point I did ask him if he would vote for Hillary if she was pro-life, and he essentially said, in a more sophisticated manner, "But her emails!". (He voted for Cruz in the primary,  strongly considered Castle/McMullin in the general, but came home to Trump at the last minute). Just because a democrat says what republicans want them to say on one issue doesn't mean republicans won't find some other fault with that democrat.
Well I’m considering endorsing joe manchin so yes I would maybe support jones if he were pro life.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1058 on: November 26, 2017, 02:19:34 PM »

Maybe if Jones loses by a point or two, a "pro-life" candidate in lieu of him could have pulled it off, but otherwise...

People gotta realize that in the South, there are a lot of people who concern-troll and claim they'd vote Democrat if it weren't for abortion...but they're almost all full of s[inks]t. There's practically no crossover potential in anybody who lists "abortion" as the first reason as to why they don't vote Democratic; just a popular talking point for Generic Southrons to express disgust toward Democrats.

Second amendment issues are far more powerful and actually can make or break you with a sizeable segment of both Republican-leaning and Democratic-leaning rural Southern voters. That's where somebody like Jones (and somebody like JBE, for that matter) can make inward roads.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1059 on: November 26, 2017, 02:33:41 PM »

How rich for a criminal such as Trump, to say Doug Jones is weak on crime. I guess prosecuting Ku Klux Klan members who killed black children does not count because of who the victims are. This man is a literal piece of sh**t.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1060 on: November 26, 2017, 02:35:59 PM »

How rich for a criminal such as Trump, to say Doug Jones is weak on crime. I guess prosecuting Ku Klux Klan members who killed black children does not count because of who the victims are. This man is a literal piece of sh**t.

It doesn't matter who the democratic candidate is - Trump is going to say the same thing. Unless they're as anti immigration as Trump himself.
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1061 on: November 26, 2017, 02:40:07 PM »

Roy Moore is weak on crime. In many cases where a court rejected to overturn or decided to reinstate a prison sentence of a child molester, Moore was the lone dissenter.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #1062 on: November 26, 2017, 02:43:36 PM »

You think Trump cares who tf Doug Jones is? Someone just told him he was a Democrat and he brought out the usual "wants higher taxes", "weak on crime" stuff he always resorts to when it comes to Democrats.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1063 on: November 26, 2017, 02:48:14 PM »

You think Trump cares who tf Doug Jones is? Someone just told him he was a Democrat and he brought out the usual "wants higher taxes", "weak on crime" stuff he always resorts to when it comes to Democrats.
I know he doesn't. I'm just reiterating what a shallow, ignorant doofus he is. Smiley
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1064 on: November 26, 2017, 02:49:29 PM »

I know he doesn't. I'm just reiterating what a shallow, ignorant doofus he is. Smiley

Ah I see. Very sorry if I sounded controversial.

You think he would just read a damn Wikipedia page or something. I mean, he's not doing anything else Smiley
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1065 on: November 26, 2017, 05:50:46 PM »
« Edited: November 26, 2017, 05:52:49 PM by Zyzz »

A ****** lover as well. You know Trump, Bannon, Moore and the deplorables are thinking it.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1066 on: November 26, 2017, 05:53:57 PM »

A ****** lover as well. You know Trump, Bannon, Moore and the deplorables are thinking it.

I...I don't think anyone is thinking that.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1067 on: November 26, 2017, 05:55:36 PM »

I...I don't think anyone is thinking that.

That's very naive.
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #1068 on: November 26, 2017, 05:55:47 PM »

I'm bored. When does this election actually happen?
Babeuf

« Reply #1069 on: November 26, 2017, 06:01:49 PM »

FWIW (basically nothing!), my friend went home to Alabama for Thanksgiving and said she basically only saw Doug Jones signs in every neighborhood she drove through, including very Republican suburbs.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #1070 on: November 26, 2017, 06:05:14 PM »

FWIW (basically nothing!), my friend went home to Alabama for Thanksgiving and said she basically only saw Doug Jones signs in every neighborhood she drove through, including very Republican suburbs.

Senator Gillespie (now governor elect) agrees.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1071 on: November 26, 2017, 06:09:06 PM »

And Congressman Ossoff.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1072 on: November 26, 2017, 06:09:14 PM »

You forgot President Romney and Rep. Ossoff.

Btw, while Atlas wasn't looking, Moore has been creeping up and up on PredictIt every day. There's a reason why people with money on the line are betting on Moore. If you all would've taken my advice to max out on him weeks ago, you would've made a pretty penny. Wink
kyc0705

« Reply #1073 on: November 26, 2017, 06:10:40 PM »

I'm bored. When does this election actually happen?

Right? At this point it feels less like an imminent vote and more like the electoral equivalent of Godot.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #1074 on: November 26, 2017, 06:18:34 PM »

Remind her to get an absentee ballot if she supports Jones. Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 ... 75  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies