Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:25:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls  (Read 143992 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« on: November 14, 2017, 06:57:04 PM »

I think IceSpear should lay off the sheer amount of posts he makes about it. It’s the same thing over and over again, and it’s a bit annoying at this point. We get it, you don’t think the Democrats have a chance of winning. You don’t have to make 50 posts about it.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 09:14:55 PM »

So there is a robocall going around with a fake reporter from WaPo named Bernie Bernstein. I'm surprised they didn't do George Steyer de Rothschild.

I assume Shylock Kykeowitz was already taken.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 11:09:54 PM »

Wouldn't Strange resigning just let Ivey appoint an even lamer duck until the special election?

Yes, I think so. Republicans are mulling whether to argue that Strange resigning is the same as Sessions resigning, in terms of vacancy rules. That's quite a stretch, and stinks of desperation.

It’d also violate the 17th amendment, per Rick Hasen.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 02:16:33 PM »

Ivey is such an FF. She's actually trying to bring some dignity back to AL GOP.

You know she’s still voting for Moore, right?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2017, 11:30:47 AM »

My guess is ‘EnglishPete’ is neither English nor called Pete, and is probably running his account from an eighth floor apartment in Volgograd. He probably has a few pro-Brexit accounts running on Twitter, as well, all with stock photo avatars. And that’s already more attention than he deserves from me, so I’ll stop there.

Pretty sure the username is a reference to Tim Roth's character in The Hateful Eight.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2017, 11:23:58 PM »

Wow, that's a John Barrow quality ad, right there.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2017, 01:01:10 PM »

smoltchanov managed to get banned from Swing State Project, which was a rare occurrence there. Don't argue with him, because it is 100% clear what he is.

Or better yet, put him on ignore. 
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2017, 07:42:15 AM »

Jones will win, there have to be some things that still matter.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2017, 08:37:33 PM »

You know what y’all can do with your moral judgements of Moore voters. I just want to scream whatabouts.  I don’t have to lay them out.  Before you go into your neighbors house to insist he clean up his mess, clean up your own first.  You just cannot grasp that concept.

I expect the Senate will investigate whether Moore was lying to the voters of Alabama.  The yearbook will be the center of attention.  The question will then be whether Gloria tried to pull a fast one for publicity. If the yearbook notation is fradulant, Moore is safe.  If it is legit, he is toast.  If it is 1/2 & 1/2, it is anyone’s guess.

Thank Gloria for the current situation.

What does this even mean? This is a mess of a post, once again.

"Cleaning up our own mess" – what? If you're referring to Franken, nearly every D-avatar on this forum has called for his resignation, and a decent amount of Democrats did too. As for Conyers, I also believe he should resign.

Just because there are sexual harassers in the Democratic Party does not give the Republican Party or Alabama voters carte blanche to elect a pedophile.

When you yell "both sides" you don't actually make anything better. You end up justifying the status quo. Guess who loses? The women (and men) who are abused and exploited by these people in power. But who keep getting reelected.  

Stop trying to blame a lawyer for your own hackish beliefs. You should be ashamed of yourself.

I had lunch with a Presbyterian minister today. We live in the Arkansas delta.  So we cannot vote. However he expressed the view that Someone should be foregiven foractions that occurred 40 .years ago with no evidence of similar actions since that time.  I asked if the first 4 women were telling the truth, why his denial was not a lie, that would disqualify him?  He said Moore might have said it under pressure and there was no proof of lying.  He did say if notation in the yearbook was proven to be his, that would be disqualifying.

That is why Gloria’s notebook has become so important.  If you do not understand, I cannot educate you any further. Gloria made it validation issue.

Maybe you can judge someone else morality.  But do you think that wii change anyone’s mind.  Or, does it just give you a sense of superiority to a bunch of hicks.  Does it make you feel good.  Might it not be better to just tell them you think they wrong.  But I guess your jollies are more important.

Methinks you need to re-read Matthew 7:15
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2017, 06:40:24 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

you do know Kimmel is a practicing Catholic right?
Lol says the guy who dated Sarah Silverman.

how....dare....he....miscegenate!
Two things

First of all I do think Catholics are Christian but just because I said that doesn’t mean all Catholics are Christians, ted Kennedy is definitely not a Christian same with jimmy kimmel

But second and biggest of all what kind of Christian/Catholic would date a woman who makes fun of Christians and Jesus,oh right a fake Christian would.

A Christian with a sense of humor?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2017, 11:45:46 PM »

prediction - Manchin wins if he faces a cuck like Jenkins, Manchin loses if he faces a chad like Blankenship.

I'm not willing to make a prediction either way, but Blankenship is by far the strongest candidate the Republicans have and they'd be making a huge mistake in not nominating him.

lol
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2017, 09:02:15 AM »

The thing is, even if he hadn't dated and molested teenage girls which is what captured people's attention, Moore is nevertheless an unrepentant grifter in the mold of Donald Trump. Look at his private charitable foundation / slush fund. It's sad but he's truly a bad and dishonest guy.

True, but that scandal was much easier to write-off as a lesser of two evils situation.  The pedophilia, child molestation (IIRC some of his actions qualify under AL law), and sexual assault against multiple minors have made this election a real “where will you stand when the flood comes” moment for Republicans in general and AL Republicans in particular.  Republicans so desperate to hold this Senate seat that they’d support Roy Moore (and for that matter, those who backed Trump simply b/c of the Supreme Court) would do well to remember Mark 8:36. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies