Leading Know-Nothing group, the Minutemen, implodes
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 12:56:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Leading Know-Nothing group, the Minutemen, implodes
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Leading Know-Nothing group, the Minutemen, implodes  (Read 465 times)
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -9.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 30, 2010, 09:05:10 AM »
« edited: March 30, 2010, 09:11:18 AM by Scam of God »

http://azstarnet.com/news/local/border/article_3b5411bd-ffe6-5d3c-98c8-951ec0fc40c4.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The bolded element interests me greatly - wasn't this entire organization's raison d'être to muster God-fearin' patriots to defend the White Working Class against immigrants imported by Big Business into the nation? Why, then, did it implode as soon as it made the slightest possible show of strength? Is it possibly because there wasn't all that much strength to show?

It says to me these people aren't nearly as powerful as they believe they are, and, moreover, like most populist groups, have absolutely no understanding whatsoever as to how to wield power once it has been accrued. Which means we have nothing more to fear from them, and, as a consequence, no reason to pay them heed.

12,000 members is virtually nothing for an organized political group, really infinitesimally small. I expect that Mdml. Mercer is, in fact, a liar, and that she wanted a far larger showing of support than she actually got. Typical of groups like this, really.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 09:10:52 AM »

So much for playing Cowboys and Illegals.........
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -9.91

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 09:13:05 AM »

The hilarious thing is if you were to question one of these Americanos, they'd claim that they were purely innocent of any aggressive feelings or inclinations on their part, and were purely motivated by disinterest and 'higher' feelings of patriotism (like most scoundrels, one might add).
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 09:49:43 AM »

I didn't even know they still existed.......absolutely no news in a long while, no?  Anywho.....I could care less.....goodbye.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 10:16:21 AM »

I don't think anyone is trying to enter the US over the border anymore, now that the economy has collapsed.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 02:26:00 PM »

I don't think anyone is trying to enter the US over the border anymore, now that the economy has collapsed.

Maybe they're going to Costa Rica for good health care?
perdedor

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2010, 07:56:57 PM »

Ironic to think that the Minutemen collapsed for it's relative lack of extremity. The gun toating reactionaries put them out of business.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies