Senate Office of NC Yankee (Statement on Constitution) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 12:42:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Office of NC Yankee (Statement on Constitution) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Senate Office of NC Yankee (Statement on Constitution)  (Read 37631 times)
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« on: September 10, 2009, 08:01:27 PM »

We should just ignore Al. He's the type of joke that isn't really funny.

Also, freedom points just for disagreeing with Al, period.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 12:44:26 PM »

Change the word British to American and you make that statement about yourself DWTL.
What?  I don't use idioms or vague language.  I am probably the most to the point person on this forum

Besides me, probably
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 04:45:03 PM »

Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 09:21:11 PM »

The Emergency Credit Access Act was a good piece of legislation, but it does not go far enough. We need a permanent "public option" for credit. Consider it.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 09:24:26 PM »

The Emergency Credit Access Act was a good piece of legislation, but it does not go far enough. We need a permanent "public option" for credit. Consider it.

Ah, thats what got us into this mess at least partially. No way.

Not if it's restricted and managed. The idea that we hinder growth with atrocious interest rates is probably a driving factor of the sagging economy. If we could give Atlasians access to responsible credit with fair and workable rates, we could see private sector growth skyrocket.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 09:35:22 PM »

Ah, thats what got us into this mess at least partially. No way.

Not if it's restricted and managed. The idea that we hinder growth with atrocious interest rates is probably a driving factor of the sagging economy. If we could give Atlasians access to responsible credit with fair and workable rates, we could see private sector growth skyrocket.

There is such a thing as interest rates being too low and that certainly occured from 2002-2004 when the Fed decreased then held steady rates after the traditional market indicators called for increases in the Fed rate. That helped flood the market with a lot of garbage. And housing didn't decouple from Wage growth untill 2002 when wages fell but housing continued to soar upwards. I don't want the Gov't directly involved in banking. Another fear is that what killed the Banks was not the bad loans alone but the combination of the CDS market, Securitization, and Movement of assets into the Stock market while strict mark to market accounting rules existed. Without that all the major banks could have weathered the storm. So whats to stop the Gov't from getting sucked into a future mess if there are not only guarenteeing but holding large numbers of loans and suddenly they all default.

Those problems stemmed largely from irresponsible lending and speculation as well as middlemen interference, two problems that would be eliminated with a national bank. It would also provide the government with some extra revenue while having very very very limited risk.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2009, 09:08:46 PM »

Press Release-
I want to thank the President and the Senate for there speedy work on the the Emergency Credit Access Act. This is an important piece of legislation that will help speed us to our recovery by opening up lines of credit to homeowners and small businesses at a time when even people with the best credit ratings are getting denied and revolving lines of credit to small businesses are being cut by the big banks to help secure the bottom line and raise capital to help cover losses sustained from write-downs. This will have measurable effects on employement by helping small businesses make payroll and help the housing market turn around.

-Sen. North Carolina Yankee
 Dirty South Regional Senator

This was a great piece of legislation and it is for this attitude toward strengthening Atlasia' businesses and workers that I bestow upon you my endorsement in October's upcoming election.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2009, 09:47:40 PM »

Somehow I think society will make it.

Tell me, what are you opinions on mixed marriages? At this point I'm not sure.

My first girlfriend was black, does that answer the question.

Yes but it follows with another question. Smiley

You've had a girlfriend?! Tongue

I'm just as shocked.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2009, 09:53:22 PM »

Yes and more then one, but not in a long time.

Does it make you have sinful thoughts? Sad

No cause we never got anywhere near the sinful stage. Tongue

No holding hands? Tongue
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2009, 10:01:26 PM »

Yes and more then one, but not in a long time.

Does it make you have sinful thoughts? Sad

No cause we never got anywhere near the sinful stage. Tongue

No holding hands? Tongue

Now that I think on it, we never really had a chance to do even that. The only time I saw her was at school and we were so bad off financially then we are now that inviting her over was impossible(power was turned off for one). And going over to her house was impossible cause we only had one car and it wasn't working that well. Money has always been my biggest hindrance.

I'm sorry. I don't really know what to say to that. Sad
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2009, 10:17:14 PM »

The most I have ever done with a black girl is lap dances and I don't intend to go further.

Asians are definitely not a preference either.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2009, 10:26:00 PM »

The most I have ever done with a black girl is lap dances and I don't intend to go further.

I was the same way, but this Asian was basically white. She lived in an all-white suburb, was in an all-white sorority, was racist against all races, was friends with exclusively white girls, and had about the same personality I had. Our only difference was she had some fantasy for trashy, pothead skater boys on the side, and that broke us up even though she never acted on it. My loss, I suppose.

I'd say her loss Tongue

I'ma be honest. Bakersfield has some of the best looking girls my age that I've see. Orange County and San Diego are generally good looking places as well. Lots of blonde girls and Latinas, which are generally good looking women. Southern California really is the place to be when looking for a nice time. None of the other places I've been come close.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2009, 10:26:28 PM »

I was the same way, but this Asian was basically white. She lived in an all-white suburb, was in an all-white sorority, was racist against all races, was friends with exclusively white girls, and had about the same personality I had. Our only difference was she had some fantasy for trashy, pothead skater boys on the side, and that broke us up even though she never acted on it. My loss, I suppose.

So you're saying your racist against all racists?

lol
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2009, 10:50:48 PM »

Ah, the glory days when our fine region had an inebriated Governor stumbling around his office on Tuesday nights.

Now you are making even me Nostalgic for the good old days before there was Hamilton, before there was a Tmth, before there was a President Lief, and before I went nuts.

There is nothing wrong with me, Tmth, or even Lief, for that matter.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2009, 10:56:00 PM »

Ah, the glory days when our fine region had an inebriated Governor stumbling around his office on Tuesday nights.

Now you are making even me Nostalgic for the good old days before there was Hamilton, before there was a Tmth, before there was a President Lief, and before I went nuts.

There is nothing wrong with me, Tmth, or even Lief, for that matter.

Things were simpler and I was happier, thats my point.

Things were simpler. That doesn't make them better. Smiley
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2009, 12:04:26 AM »

I'd say her loss Tongue

I'ma be honest. Bakersfield has some of the best looking girls my age that I've see. Orange County and San Diego are generally good looking places as well. Lots of blonde girls and Latinas, which are generally good looking women. Southern California really is the place to be when looking for a nice time. None of the other places I've been come close.

Yeah Socal is full of hot chicks. Probably the only thing I miss about the place. Sad

Where are you at now?
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2009, 01:00:46 PM »

Why won't DWTl be there?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies