Black Lives Matter releases its policy platform (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:19:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Black Lives Matter releases its policy platform (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Black Lives Matter releases its policy platform  (Read 2918 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« on: August 22, 2015, 05:24:05 PM »
« edited: August 22, 2015, 05:26:06 PM by Simfan34 »

I don't think we should end broken windows policing though.  Broken windows isn't something that should be implemented everywhere

Yeah, I ought to be protected from criminals, but feel free to finks over those hicks in flyover country!  I mean we Democrats can all agree on that, right you guys?

I guess I shouldn't be picking on you too much since you clearly aren't a complete raving lunatic/ultra-naive child, which means you are in the top ten percent of posters here on this issue, but the stereotypical New Yorker selfishness is a bit grating.

If people in "flyover country" also want broken windows policing, they should be allowed to have it, too.

"Community oversight" sounds like a good idea in theory, but if you read their proposal it essentially says that "communities" should decide on punishments for police wrongdoing rather than having it internally resolved. That is, of course, little more than rule of the mob.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 09:57:33 PM »

Simple: keep them in the classroom, in after-school activities, and doing homework. The solution is easy to find, however, it is not as easy to implement.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 11:32:54 PM »

I've never been known as an optimist regarding the depth of the general public's knowledge, but I feel comfortable in saying that the people who drafted this probably are at least a little bit more engaged politically than the average person they claim to represent, or even the average member of their movement.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 10:39:55 AM »

So Bernie agrees with 8/10 of their points. Why were they attacking him? They didn't know what they wanted?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2015, 01:58:27 PM »
« Edited: August 24, 2015, 02:00:43 PM by Simfan34 »

In that case, who are these people issuing the "policy platform" and who has decided that they speak for the movement well enough to articulate "its" demands?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies