$1.5 Trillion GOP Tax Cut Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 12:50:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  $1.5 Trillion GOP Tax Cut Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: $1.5 Trillion GOP Tax Cut Thread  (Read 113542 times)
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« on: November 26, 2017, 06:17:37 PM »

Something is definitely going to pass, that's for sure. The GOP can't afford otherwise. The question is exactly what monstrosity emerges from the sausage making conference committee.

Would the Senate bill be able to pass in the house with the freedom caucus opposing it?
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 07:35:23 PM »

Is the vote on this fails....does it just go away till 2018?

Pretty much, December is jam packed and they won't have any time to restart from scratch with so many other big ticket items on the plate, unless they're willing commit seppuku on the national stage and shove it into the government funding negotiations.

And if it gets pushed into 2018, it's just not getting done at all.

Uff....come on. Tax vote failing, Flynn flipping, Mueller investigating=best Christmas ever

I look forward to getting drunk on eggnog while watching the GOP tax plan fail and watching Muellergeddon happen.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 07:24:51 PM »

I'm not going to straight up panic yet. If "the Trigger" is in the senate bill, I expect it to be removed in conference which might freak out Corker and the upcoming Byrd Bath probably endangers Murkowski's vote.  Regardless of what happens, we've got atleast another week of this crap.

Corker and everyone besides Collins and Murkowski and McCain were/are always and always will be yeses. Don't kid yourself

I'm not going to straight up panic yet. If "the Trigger" is in the senate bill, I expect it to be removed in conference which might freak out Corker and the upcoming Byrd Bath probably endangers Murkowski's vote.  Regardless of what happens, we've got atleast another week of this crap.

There will be much moaning and gnashing of teeth by various Republicans along the way, but eventually this will pass in some form.

I'm aware, but I've got a slim ray of hope that something screws this all up.

Remember the big nasty fight over Cap and Trade back in 09/10? That bill passed both the House and Senate, but died in conference.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 01:47:29 PM »

Are these sociopaths going to remove the individual mandate repeal in conference? I hope that was just a gimmick to drum up support.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 06:05:52 PM »

Corker and flake announce they are unwavering no's

Oh look 2 nos....looks like Pence is gonna bring out the gavel and end this Kabuki theater farce
\

+ Susan Collins =51 votes
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2017, 06:41:23 PM »

Collins may flip if she realizes the effect on coverage is too great. Or some darkhorse like Daines or Lankford could torpedo it. It's not safe when every Senator is the deciding vote.

Why would a supposed moderate hero like Collins be in favor of destroying Obamacare? I thought the mandate repeal would totally turn her into a solid no vote.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2017, 05:55:54 PM »

This bill also still has to go to conference. If Collins amendments are all stripped out, I could see her voting no on the new bill. If Corker votes no tonight, then he'll probably vote no on the conference'd bill. I'm trying to figure out who the third no vote would come from.

Douggy Jones.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2017, 07:38:00 PM »

If enough Democrat Senators played the delay game regarding throwing votes in to send the bill back to committee, then we would have had a real shot at delaying the bill until McCain had to go back to Arizona continue his cancer treatments, which would have costed the Republicans a yes vote.

You do realize how underhanded the Democrats would have looked doing that, right?

And we should care about that...b/c?

Anyway too bad the Dems wussed out and stopped introducing those motions

I have always hated how Democrats are always the ones complaining about the other side doing dirty things. They need to stop the 'adult in the room' mentality and crush Republicans with Atwater and Rovian tactics.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2017, 10:12:36 PM »

Isn't it getting passed McCain's and the Turtle's bedtime?
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2017, 12:19:57 AM »

Is Corker actually a solid 100% no in the future, or did McConnell only allow him to vote no since it was going to pass anyway?
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2017, 09:08:14 PM »

I can't see the Ayn Rand worshippers in the house being too happy with her amendments.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies