Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 09:13:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 79
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be  (Read 141974 times)
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: December 16, 2017, 04:38:53 PM »

I just got a snap from my plug which read "this is [redacted]'s mom. Don't hit my son up anymore for this stuff."

Don't buy your pot from high schoolers is the moral of the story.

You just realized that?
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #301 on: December 16, 2017, 04:41:59 PM »

I lost another uncle to the same thing I lost my first uncle to, a blood clot in the brain, my family is devastated, but we're also going to the doctors to get a genetic test to see if this is genetics related.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #302 on: December 16, 2017, 04:45:34 PM »

I lost another uncle to the same thing I lost my first uncle to, a blood clot in the brain, my family is devastated, but we're also going to the doctors to get a genetic test to see if this is genetics related.

Awful news. Sorry to hear. prayers to your family.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #303 on: December 16, 2017, 11:48:31 PM »

I just got a snap from my plug which read "this is [redacted]'s mom. Don't hit my son up anymore for this stuff."

Don't buy your pot from high schoolers is the moral of the story.

You just realized that?
It was my first experience with one. Turns out he was busted last night by the po-po.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #304 on: December 17, 2017, 12:01:26 AM »

My friend was released from the hospital.  Thank God it wasn’t more serious.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #305 on: December 17, 2017, 12:30:33 AM »

Sorry to hear that Shadow Sad
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #306 on: December 17, 2017, 05:47:35 AM »

Arrived in India yesterday

Had lots of jet lag yesterday due to the 13 and a half time hour difference and the fact that it was a 40 hour journey (where I only got 5 hours of sleep).

So the next few days, I’m going to meet many family members and then next week attend a wedding 

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #307 on: December 17, 2017, 10:18:54 AM »

I'll pray for you all, LibRep.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #308 on: December 17, 2017, 03:05:10 PM »

Well, it took almost a day, and half of that was spent at Houston's Hobby airport, and a few encounters with hobos in the downtown...but I finally made it back to California.

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #309 on: December 17, 2017, 04:32:59 PM »

I came to accept my boar is just plus-sized by nature

America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #310 on: December 17, 2017, 04:49:59 PM »

Aww, reminds me of my ex.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #311 on: December 17, 2017, 06:35:38 PM »

Didn't know you're one of 'em furries.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #312 on: December 17, 2017, 08:05:04 PM »
« Edited: December 17, 2017, 08:07:17 PM by Jacobin American »

My girlfriend’s mom is incredibly abusive and controlling. Today, she took her phone and turned off the WiFi. So, worried about her, I texted her mom to give her a chance to let me speak with my girlfriend before I called the police for a welfare check. She ignored me, so I called the police and they went to their house. They called me and informed me she’s alright and that her mom was intentionally ignoring my texts. Well, I’m getting her a phone on my contract for Christmas and sending it tomorrow and texted her mom that if she takes that phone from her, which is in my mom’s name, I’ll have charges pressed against her for theft.
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #313 on: December 17, 2017, 09:11:19 PM »

I meant the "My boar is just plus-sized by nature" part... not that I'm saying she was a pig (or boar). furries are weird!
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #314 on: December 17, 2017, 10:14:02 PM »

My girlfriend’s mom is incredibly abusive and controlling. Today, she took her phone and turned off the WiFi. So, worried about her, I texted her mom to give her a chance to let me speak with my girlfriend before I called the police for a welfare check. She ignored me, so I called the police and they went to their house. They called me and informed me she’s alright and that her mom was intentionally ignoring my texts. Well, I’m getting her a phone on my contract for Christmas and sending it tomorrow and texted her mom that if she takes that phone from her, which is in my mom’s name, I’ll have charges pressed against her for theft.

Way to go, dude. If more people had the guts to stand up to bullies and abusers, the world would be a much better place.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #315 on: December 18, 2017, 02:48:43 AM »

Way to go, dude. If more people had the guts to stand up to bullies and abusers, the world would be a much better place.

Yeah, way to go. Good job on standing up for her, what you're doing is brave and smart.
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #316 on: December 18, 2017, 03:01:59 AM »

Lost my mother in early November.  She was almost 94, so this was expected, and she had a wonderful and long life.  Still, she suffered a lot of agony and pain in the final two weeks, which was terribly difficult to watch and be able to do so little about.

Otherwise, have been living in the Netherlands for almost six months now and am enjoying my new home very much.  My new job isn't exactly what I had expected, but still far, far better than the torture chamber that my last job had become.  I think age is starting to finally mellow me out a lot more, which is a long-overdue development.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #317 on: December 18, 2017, 10:59:16 AM »

In college I had a copy of a Bert & I album, a sort of Down East Maine forerunner of the humor style in Prairie Home Companion. One of the most famous pieces is Which Way to Millinocket? famous for the phrase, You can't get they-ah from he-ah. So for 40 years I've waited for an excuse to find the way to Millinocket.

We are driving today from Oguquit ME to Nova Scotia, so this seemed like a great opportunity to find Millinocket. Not only did I find that you can get there from here. Even better, the moose knew the way to Millinocket, too.

fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #318 on: December 18, 2017, 11:03:00 AM »

I believe the best term for it is "more to love".
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #319 on: December 18, 2017, 03:55:11 PM »

Yeah, way to go. Good job on standing up for her, what you're doing is brave and smart.

Dude, that's awesome! And I hope it works out for the best. Good job.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #320 on: December 18, 2017, 04:03:26 PM »

Finished the semester with all A’s (though it was only two classes, and I audited a third).
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #321 on: December 18, 2017, 04:04:32 PM »

Lost my mother in early November.  She was almost 94, so this was expected, and she had a wonderful and long life.  Still, she suffered a lot of agony and pain in the final two weeks, which was terribly difficult to watch and be able to do so little about.

Otherwise, have been living in the Netherlands for almost six months now and am enjoying my new home very much.  My new job isn't exactly what I had expected, but still far, far better than the torture chamber that my last job had become.  I think age is starting to finally mellow me out a lot more, which is a long-overdue development.
Sorry to hear about your mom. At least she lived a long and fulfilling life though. My condolences Sad
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #322 on: December 18, 2017, 04:24:10 PM »

Sorry to hear about your mom. At least she lived a long and fulfilling life though. My condolences Sad

Thank you for this.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #323 on: December 18, 2017, 08:48:28 PM »

I'm so busy that I finally got a moment to rest, and I'm spending it worrying about what I might've missed.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #324 on: December 20, 2017, 12:46:55 AM »

Writing this on my tablet as I wait for my lying computer to finish updating. While I somewhat understand the motivation behind Windows 10 forcing updates on you, it doesn't usually lie and say it's doing so at the time you selected when it repeatedly refused to allow me to select a time. That's really really aggravating. Really really really aggravating. It's like Microsoft wants me to switch to another OS so it doesn't have to bother dealing with me anymore.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies