Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 05:43:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be  (Read 141965 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: October 24, 2017, 12:20:35 AM »

Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 08:27:39 PM »

I think someone might've hit on me. Or he's just being nice. In any case, it's a positive sign for my currently nonexistant university social life. And also a positive sign for my schoolmate, with whom I made a wager for a pizza that I won't get any friends in uni until November.

BREAKING: He's gay. YAY?

I'm feeling more attracted to this guy with every passing day. I sense some potential here.

Not to be crude or crass, but is he handsome?

I'm getting more and more disillusioned with some in my party because they say the right thing but focus on all the wrong issues once we should be in power.  The flurry of bills that happened within days after Republicans got full control of Kentucky should have happened at the federal level by now, and the fact it hasn't is inexcusable.  How many people are actually willing to stand up for true conservatism- rather than populism, nationalism, libertarianism, or any other corrupting ideology?

Have you ever heard of having a big tent? Ally yourself and your ideology of “true conservatism” with either Trumpists or moderates in the party. Of the two, since you will claim to equally dislike ideology, I suppose, then which of the two seems to have more moral character? Which seems to be better people?

Now as to the reason I came to thread. I have found two claims to the English throne: Stuart->FitzJames, his name being Jacobo Fitz-James Stuart, 12th Duke of Berwick; and Houses of Stuart->FitzJames->Alba, his name being Fernando Fitz-James Stuart. The latter has the claim to the English throne, as his grandmother was born within a month of Elizabeth II and would be, by the same succession rights as Elizabeth II, English Queen through that line. Not sure if either would have a claim on the British lands outside of England, Wales, and Scotland.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 03:12:52 PM »

I have suddenly started habitually referring to almost everyone as "sir" and I have no idea why or how to stop... I worry myself sometimes

There's no shame in that. I reckon I do this quite a bit too. There are far greater things to worry about than over polite addresses.

I always use sir or ma’am if they are an adult, and sometimes to peers I deeply respect.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2017, 04:16:44 PM »

Found a new alt-right, racist channel. https://youtu.be/-GMm28ASJx8

With 150,000 subscribers.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2017, 11:01:14 PM »

Also today is the one year anniversary of my first vote for president ever cast.

I'm autistic enough to keep a photo of it.

Wow! The North Carolina Democrats had a great slate that year - Ross, Cooper, Coleman, Stein...
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2017, 05:00:33 PM »

My depression and anxiety seem to be worsening again.  
Same, but I think I can handle it and not spiral. I take it as a turning point in my life; after this everything will be different and I think I'll be changed for the better.
If you want to talk, I will.

I don't know if this applies to others, but in my darkest times I've always taken comfort in accepting that all things in life are temporary and subject to change. Or, as the Persians say...

I find that the hope and optimism that springs eternally in the human breast is most efficiently maintained by a love surpassing all else - for as our love matches the beat of our hearts, so will hope match the beat of our drums.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2017, 09:26:31 PM »

Junior year is hard.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2017, 09:49:47 PM »

Oh, this is just high school.

Good news is, next year I’m just taking Senior/Junior English, Senior/Junior Bible, Band, and College Algebra, if I’m allowed to do so little. It seems like a fun idea to be allowed to wander between classes and watch others work.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2017, 10:16:04 PM »

That’s good news, Parrotguy.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2017, 07:33:51 PM »

I hate our current state of politics. I'm very disappointed in the GOP and still stand strongly against Trump and Democratic Party leadership.

But I can't get away from it.

You could always become an Independent and start looking at candidates on their own merits. If you really can't stand Democrats but are utterly disappointed with Republicans, there is no need to affiliate with either of them. You certainly wouldn't be the first young person to leave the GOP Tongue

Haha Smiley

I guess I just feel like I need to be with a party (the duopoly has me captive, I know Tongue). And I guess it’s more of the family thing of it being hard to leave a party my family has been a part of ever since they came to America decades ago.

I have gone thru the thought process though and still plan on considering a switch

I find that if you cloak your party disassociation in edgy, perhaps foreign-sounding labels, it becomes that much easier.

?

“I favor the type of conservatism espoused by Bismarck and Disraeli...”

Bismarck was far more Machiavellian than anything Machiavelli himself wrote.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2017, 12:10:08 AM »

Cathcon, I got the point. I was just trying to point out once more how incorrect “Machiavellian” is as a term.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2017, 01:46:16 AM »

This guy who bullied me endlessly in third grade because I refused to convert to Catholicism just followed me on Instagram. I'm waffling over whether I should roast him or forgive him.

You know how to hold a grudge.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2017, 07:40:08 AM »

My grandfather, who has smoked his entire life, hasn’t smoked once in thirteen days, if I’m counting right. I’m truly glad.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2017, 10:06:18 PM »

Two stray dogs just got into our house while we were gone(opened unlocked back door with their mouth) and killed one of our cats in the dining room. For the religious ones, please pray for me.dp
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2017, 09:39:51 PM »

Two stray dogs just got into our house while we were gone(opened unlocked back door with their mouth) and killed one of our cats in the dining room. For the religious ones, please pray for me.

will do. i'm so sorry to hear that, that must have been quite a shock Sad

It was. Thank you.

Our other cat isn’t fully grown yet, and the other(about two years older) always used to hold her down and groom her. She’s been meowing for him all day. It seems that she was upstairs when it happened, so she was fine. It is a bit sad that she misses him.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2018, 12:30:32 AM »

Thank you, guys.

I hope all of you have a great 2018. My constant, unwavering optimism is still up for this new year - for myself and for everybody. The holiday season is over, but the year has just begun!
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2018, 06:20:16 PM »

I just tried to invent a Latin word for mirror, and I have it narrowed down to: imito speculum or imago speculum. For the record, the reason I am doing so is because I want a new word for the “mirror test” for species. Any preferences between the two or other ideas?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2018, 05:01:13 PM »

I just tried to invent a Latin word for mirror, and I have it narrowed down to: imito speculum or imago speculum. For the record, the reason I am doing so is because I want a new word for the “mirror test” for species. Any preferences between the two or other ideas?

Whats wrong with the old Latin word for mirror, which is just plain speculum? Why are you trying to reinvent the rota?

Because speculum itself literally means “to look at little” or just “to look at”.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2018, 09:04:17 AM »

Parrotguy: I’m not very good at giving advice, but it seems to me that you’re going to be absolutely devastated for a little while. I can’t change that. Once you do get better, remember that if it didn’t happen, it wasn’t meant to be. And there might be a chance in the future to get back together. Just don’t pin your hopes on it.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2018, 04:39:42 PM »

My great fear today is that I will waste the day on board games instead of school work.
Do you happen to be a fellow Monopoly fiend?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2018, 06:55:35 PM »

Decided to start looking at colleges. Why the hell does everything cost money?

If nothing costed money, it would have no worth. The beautiful necklace that you find on the ground would mean nothing. It was free for the person who got it first, too.

Yoga classes wouldn't be fun, there's a high probability that there'd be random, possibly homeless people in there, taking up the space of someone who worked for the money to pay for the class.

There'd be no class system. First class people would blend right in with the lower class, and working class would probably not have any incentive to work at all, seeing as they don't need money to buy something that's free.

I guess it's just about the economy. We gotta keep it alive by making the people drive for something. You want that 2017 Mazda? Work for and pay for it.

You want to get into that nice college? Work for and pay for it. Oh, you need to get into the college to get the high paying job? And you're wondering why Rich Ricky over there, who's father is old friend with the dean, gets in with lower grades than you? Ummmm

I’m assuming because the system is rigged by [insert third party here - preferably “bankers” and “international elite” instead of directly saying Jews and minorities] that politicians will use to divide Americans against each other and win in a wave of “populism”?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2018, 03:24:25 PM »

Who runs best/worst poster of the year? Isn’t this the time for nominations?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2018, 09:17:28 PM »

Last night was busy. I went and saw my best friend's girlfriend perform in the FSU orchestra. It was nice, and I enjoyed seeing her because I rarely get to socialize with her even though she's been dating my friend for about a year and a half now. I have a feeling she's basically going to be my future sister-in-law and she definitely has my seal of approval (not that my approval ever mattered or ever will of course). I'm looking forward to a lot more nights like that.

Oh, and afterwards I had two cute freshmen girls over at around 1:00 AM, and they both smoked for the first time with me. The one girl and I clicked and I was enjoying our conversation, but the other one got ridiculously high and was speaking utter-nonsense and basically crashed the vibe. I was actually struck by how  significantly less awkward and more social I've been as of late. I attribute it to some serious spiritual growth in the last few weeks.

I'm actually entertaining the idea of going into the Ministry as of late. I kid you not. Of course, I'll have to give up my vices such as weed and cigarettes, but I think those will be easy obstacles to conquer once I get into the right mindset.

Lastly, I'm planning on launching a parliamentary America election series on AH.com similar to the whole "Where the World will Lead" project. I'm excited to nerd out over that in the future.

What denomination’s ministry? Methodist? Episcopalian? Lutheran? Or one of the heathen churches?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2018, 11:32:40 PM »

My brother, who has been living in his car, decided to drive up to Tallahassee and visit. He literally walked in on me in the shower and just said "I'm on vacation." He's going home on Sunday when I go back for Spring Break because he'll be allowed back into the house he's been living in (he was kicked out after being falsely accused of stealing money, but has since been exonerated - he is unsure if he wants to return), so we've been having a nice time.
Interesting. This is why I always lock the bathroom door when I'm alone and showering.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

That sounds fun. Christian education is something I'm very deeply invested in, and I would be glad to be able to talk to somebody else on here about it.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2018, 12:45:36 PM »

Just found out I scored very, very well on the SAT.
Interesting. If you don’t mind me asking, exactly how well?
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies