Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 03:46:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be  (Read 141963 times)
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« on: October 23, 2017, 09:45:37 PM »

My wisdom tooth op is to take place tomorrow morning.

While I'm eager to have it done, I'm also dreading having to forgo tobacco, coffee and tea during recovery.
Be prepared for the most grueling 48 hours of the first quarter of your life Tongue

Mine was actually completely painless following the op.  Good surgeon, I guess Tongue
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 08:05:14 PM »

Oh yeah and something traumatic and horrible happened last night too. I will explain when I'm ready. A few trusted posters already know.

I wish you well and hope that everything goes ok Smiley
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 02:47:01 PM »

I was just thinking that myself

Good to hear Parrotguy!
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2017, 12:47:45 PM »

I hate our current state of politics. I'm very disappointed in the GOP and still stand strongly against Trump and Democratic Party leadership.

But I can't get away from it.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2017, 03:05:12 PM »

I hate our current state of politics. I'm very disappointed in the GOP and still stand strongly against Trump and Democratic Party leadership.

You could always become an Independent and start looking at candidates on their own merits. If you really can't stand Democrats but are utterly disappointed with Republicans, there is no need to affiliate with either of them. You certainly wouldn't be the first young person to leave the GOP Tongue

Haha Smiley

I guess I just feel like I need to be with a party (the duopoly has me captive, I know Tongue). And I guess it’s more of the family thing of it being hard to leave a party my family has been a part of ever since they came to America decades ago.

I have gone thru the thought process though and still plan on considering a switch
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2017, 03:30:08 PM »

You could always become an Independent and start looking at candidates on their own merits. If you really can't stand Democrats but are utterly disappointed with Republicans, there is no need to affiliate with either of them. You certainly wouldn't be the first young person to leave the GOP Tongue

Haha Smiley

I guess I just feel like I need to be with a party (the duopoly has me captive, I know Tongue). And I guess it’s more of the family thing of it being hard to leave a party my family has been a part of ever since they came to America decades ago.

I have gone thru the thought process though and still plan on considering a switch

I find that if you cloak your party disassociation in edgy, perhaps foreign-sounding labels, it becomes that much easier.

?
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2017, 06:40:23 PM »

Haha Smiley

I find that if you cloak your party disassociation in edgy, perhaps foreign-sounding labels, it becomes that much easier.

?

“I favor the type of conservatism espoused by Bismarck and Disraeli...”

Oh haha
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2017, 05:39:11 PM »

Some good Christmas news: some of my family members in Puerto Rico were finally cleared by FEMA inspectors to be able to go back to their homes!

Congratulations to them! I hope everything’s goes well Smiley
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2017, 12:00:47 PM »

I have this strange addiction to “Runaway” by Bon Jovi
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2017, 02:57:52 PM »

I have this strange addiction to “Runaway” by Bon Jovi
I've never been a big Bon Jovi fan, but that's my favorite Bon Jovi song.

It's pretty good
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2018, 01:32:08 AM »

Tragically, it seems as if someone has been hit by a tram at Disney World 😞
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2018, 07:39:51 AM »

Tragically, it seems as if someone has been hit by a tram at Disney World 😞

Well, looks like I may have been wrong. Either the media and Disney are really, really good at covering it up or Waze screwed up. Probably the latter.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2018, 12:09:16 PM »

Why is PNM addicted to harassing moderates on here
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2018, 08:38:12 PM »

Kamala,

When I first started posting on this forum, you were one of the first people to be friendly towards me.  Though we may have had our disagreements, you were always very respectful of others's and my opinions and reached out to others.  Thank you for being a true friend on this website, and I think I speak for all of Atlas when I say that we'll miss you.  Sad

Best of luck in life, and I hope you may grace us with your presence every once in awhile. Smiley
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2018, 10:49:44 AM »

Low-key wondering whether I should become a Modern Whig.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2018, 11:59:47 AM »

Low-key wondering whether I should become a Modern Whig.

Political identity is practically meaningless in the United States. More important are choices like whether or not to go to the gym or what fraternity to join.

Still fun to think about and consider
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2018, 09:11:30 AM »

I just randomly put on my eclipse glasses from August and looked at the Sun for no reason...

that's not very

bright. (⌐■_■)

YEEEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHH

WON'T GET FOOLED AGAIN

NO NO

(great show, great meme, great everything)
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2018, 11:31:17 PM »

I was randomly searching some 2016 election-related videos on YouTube when I came across a video discussing notable primary debate moments before the 2nd GOP debate (hosted by CNN). When Brian Stelter concluded it by saying more sparks would surely fly, and watching the debates from a perspective where everything was still new, I almost felt like crying. This is probably part-reminiscing, part-why didn't we choose someone else.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2018, 03:56:07 PM »

Naples, FL is so popular these days. First, Nigel Farage is coming, and now so is Tim Pawlenty Tongue
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2018, 06:51:53 PM »

Naples, FL is so popular these days. First, Nigel Farage is coming, and now so is Tim Pawlenty Tongue
Tim Pawlenty came to my candidate’s office opening in ‘12. He’s even more meh in person. Farage is exciting though!

That's cool about Pawlenty!

Apparently Farage came a day or two ago, so unfortunately I didn't get the chance to meet an international politician for the first time Tongue I wish I got to see him though

I had forgotten that Tim Pawlenty was still a thing.
[/quote]

Lol

TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2018, 07:29:24 PM »

I'm gonna see Avengers: Infinity War in six days if all goes according to plan. I've never been more excited for a movie in my life. This is gonna be awesome.

I really hope it'll be good. I feel kinda worn out from superhero movies for some reason, so this one better knock it out of the park Tongue
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2018, 08:25:48 PM »

Why are there so many people on this website with about or less than 1000 posts who act like they own the place
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2018, 07:27:02 AM »

I joined the big 6-0 club today, but in a fairly laid back fashion. I mowed the lawn, answered email, and enjoyed the evening with my church choir as they sang and served cake. I got just a couple of presents, but they were pretty cool. My kids got me a lightweight, heavy-duty camera tripod for my travels. My wife got me a bottle of premiere cru grande champagne Pierre Ferrand cognac (delicious and oh so smooth).

But the unintentional surprise birthday gift came during my call from mom. As we talked about my childhood she mentioned the train trip we took from Dallas to Chicago in 1962. After the call I found an old timetable online and sure enough there were 17 counties I hadn't counted as having traveled through. Seeing as I have a goal to reach 2000 counties this year, my task just got much easier.
Happy Birthday!
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2018, 04:18:12 PM »

Got to hear Ed Royce speak today. He’s actually a pretty cool guy. What was most surprising to me was that he said he was attempting to halt the withdrawal from the Iran Deal. He also spoke about his and others’ efforts to convince African leaders to establish more national parks modeled on the US’s system, which I found really interesting.

Friendly guy and a good House Foreign Affairs Committee Chair from what I can tell.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2018, 12:56:56 PM »

This summer, I’ve decided to really get cracking on losing weight. My weight has never been horribly out of control, but it’s still been somewhat of a concern. Since May, I’ve lost 13 pounds through watching my appetite more and playing basketball whenever I can. I got to this point last year, but the arrival of a stressful school year brought my weight back up to where it was and a little more so let’s see if I can keep it low for awhile longer Tongue
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies