The National Weekly Atlasian
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 04:01:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The National Weekly Atlasian
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 69
Author Topic: The National Weekly Atlasian  (Read 171996 times)
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #650 on: February 24, 2009, 09:57:05 AM »

I would like to say as a moderator that there has been (until, like, a few minutes ago; and by me as well) no mention of anything like this on the moderator board.

People are free to read into that whatever they like.

That's because I only confirmed it last night and had more important things to do (college hw) than to post anything about it right away. I just left it to those that found out about it in the first place.

So to Franzl, they thought it was you who was on the RPP forum but they didn't have anything concrete until yesterday.

You're trying to tell me that these accusations have nothing to do with the Senate election? I wasn't born yesterday.

Especially the part about illegal activities in Atlasia.....these accusations are entirely baseless...I should know, as I've never had anything to do with taking control of anyone's account here.

What else is this but a dirty campaign trick?

All I have to say is you can believe whatever you want. I didn't find out until yesterday and checked to try and confirm so if you want to believe the RPP is out to get you go ahead, I'm not going to stop you or really care either way.

Ah, so you're basically saying that it wasn't worthwhile until a candidate declaration was made?

No, what I'm saying is that I didn't find out until yesterday. They usually ask me right away to check any violations on the RPP forum. As I said if you want to believe they're just out to get you go ahead, I don't think so though. And stop getting mad at me for finding out you were on the RPP forum.

Just a thought though, and this isn't just for you: if people actually minded there own business (biggest case Xahar here) none of all this crap would have happened!

Yes, the last part is true, and I agree in principle.

I just do find it quite interesting that you were only informed of this violation yesterday, that's all. Quite peculiar, if you ask me.

I do want to say, however, that I find it quite disturbing that the RPP has a private moderator that gives them any information they ask for.

Look, it was a bad idea...yes....but nothing resulted of it at all. I read a couple of threads...and I apologize for accessing the account (and I have apologized privately)...but I find it kind of crazy to take this case and turn it into a fullblown scandal as in Xahar's case. I think it's safe to say he wasn't just interested in the content of the forum.

As far as I know and have said all I know that you've done is look at the RPP forum. And I'm not there private mod. I'll check stuff out for them but if the info doesn't match up I don't go telling them other things about members.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #651 on: February 24, 2009, 10:16:31 AM »
« Edited: February 24, 2009, 10:20:25 AM by Smid »

As a member of the RPP and a participant on the private RPP forum, I feel a little betrayed by your actions. You're not a crook, though. Discussing it in the open here is probably not the best way to proceed, however - we'll go around in circles for a while and everyone will get annoyed at everyone else but we won't actually resolve things. I have always respected you and if you say you didn't use the information for political benefit nor malicious intent and that you've only accessed it a couple of times and then not again, I'm inclined to believe you until I see any evidence to the contrary.

I'm a little disappointed, but I'll get over it pretty quick. It's not my private forum, however, nor is it my party alone, so I think you and Duke and Jedi and Rowan should talk it out by yourselves.

May I also just add, Franzl, that the timing is purely coincidental. I can only offer you my word on that, but it was only a couple of days ago that a member of the party discussed with me that they had heard from someone something that suggested the integrity of the private site had been breached. You weren't suspected, the discussion I had with that party member was speculating that it may have been someone else (who was named in our discussion, but I guarantee was not you). This led to an investigation of IP addresses accessing the Forum. By the following day, it had been confirmed that one particular user appeared to have had their account accessed by someone who was not them. That was realised only a couple of days ago and I assure you of that. It was only a couple of hours ago when I logged on there this evening that I saw the evidence that it had been your IP address that had accessed the site and I was still sceptical until I saw you confirm it on here. Until then, I was willing to believe that perhaps someone had also been hacking your account.

So when the guys say that this timing had nothing to do with your campaign, you don't have to believe them, but I give you my personal word that that's the case.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #652 on: February 24, 2009, 10:29:17 AM »

As a member of the RPP and a participant on the private RPP forum, I feel a little betrayed by your actions. You're not a crook, though. Discussing it in the open here is probably not the best way to proceed, however - we'll go around in circles for a while and everyone will get annoyed at everyone else but we won't actually resolve things. I have always respected you and if you say you didn't use the information for political benefit nor malicious intent and that you've only accessed it a couple of times and then not again, I'm inclined to believe you until I see any evidence to the contrary.

I regret having betrayed anyone's trust. I suppose I assumed nobody would ever really care to look at IP addresses as long as no confidential information was released or any secrets were made public knowledge, which I definitely didn't do. I apologize to you personally as well for betraying your confidence. I'm discussing it in the open to make my (lack of) motives clear....I don't want anyone to believe that I'm secretly working for any malicious political cause, and that my occasional conversation with Xahar didn't have anything to do with my actions here. 
I'm a little disappointed, but I'll get over it pretty quick. It's not my private forum, however, nor is it my party alone, so I think you and Duke and Jedi and Rowan should talk it out by yourselves.

May I also just add, Franzl, that the timing is purely coincidental. I can only offer you my word on that, but it was only a couple of days ago that a member of the party discussed with me that they had heard from someone something that suggested the integrity of the private site had been breached. You weren't suspected, the discussion I had with that party member was speculating that it may have been someone else (who was named in our discussion, but I guarantee was not you). This led to an investigation of IP addresses accessing the Forum. By the following day, it had been confirmed that one particular user appeared to have had their account accessed by someone who was not them. That was realised only a couple of days ago and I assure you of that. It was only a couple of hours ago when I logged on there this evening that I saw the evidence that it had been your IP address that had accessed the site and I was still sceptical until I saw you confirm it on here. Until then, I was willing to believe that perhaps someone had also been hacking your account.

So when the guys say that this timing had nothing to do with your campaign, you don't have to believe them, but I give you my personal word that that's the case.

OK...believe me please, your personal word is worth a lot to me.

I apologize for my previous accusation relating to the timing.

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #653 on: February 24, 2009, 10:54:29 AM »

Just to clarify, this was not a sting operation. We just found out about it last night. Needless to say, I am pretty disappointed because I really thought you were one of the good guys, Franzl. I also find it extremely hypocritical that you took the AG job to uphold the law and then conspired with the criminal you just put away.

Honestly, why is it so hard for people to be honest in this game? The RPP forum is not anyone's right to view it. If so, then I ask you all send me your Atlas account information so I can read through some of your PMs. I'm just curious, after all.

You aren't the only one involved. I'm just sorry that a 20-something year old is falling under the influence of some 15 year old maniac with no life, friends, or sense of direction. You are better than that, Franzl. Don't get all defensive now that you have been found out and start pointing the fingers at Jedi. Accessing the website is a breach of Brandon's personal property. He owns and runs the server. If he didn't give you the account information, stay out. Not EVERYTHING is yours to access. If it was, then there would be no reason to have passwords.

Again, I'm sorry this turned out this way. There are more people yet to be identified and it becomes more and more painful for me to do so. A lot of these people I trusted and I feel pretty betrayed by them. There's a reason Atlasia is dying, and you and others' actions are not helping the cause.

I apologize if it meant to sound like you accessed another Atlas forum members account. There has been a breach, but it was Mr. Xahar flaunting this and I am having a hard time believing anyone else's word who claims otherwise. Paint it as witch hunt all you want, but we need to clean this game up or it will die off. No one wants to risk having their accounts accessed without their permission if they get involved here.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #654 on: February 24, 2009, 11:15:51 AM »

Just to clarify, this was not a sting operation. We just found out about it last night. Needless to say, I am pretty disappointed because I really thought you were one of the good guys, Franzl. I also find it extremely hypocritical that you took the AG job to uphold the law and then conspired with the criminal you just put away.

I haven't conspired with Xahar to do anything, seriously. I obtained the information for logging in from him, and have discussed various issues with him. My access of the RPP forum was my own doing. I know it's not exactly honorable what I did...but I think it's kind of harsh to claim this incident knocks me off the list of the "good guys".

Honestly, why is it so hard for people to be honest in this game? The RPP forum is not anyone's right to view it. If so, then I ask you all send me your Atlas account information so I can read through some of your PMs. I'm just curious, after all.

Yes, that is correct.
You aren't the only one involved. I'm just sorry that a 20-something year old is falling under the influence of some 15 year old maniac with no life, friends, or sense of direction. You are better than that, Franzl. Don't get all defensive now that you have been found out and start pointing the fingers at Jedi. Accessing the website is a breach of Brandon's personal property. He owns and runs the server. If he didn't give you the account information, stay out. Not EVERYTHING is yours to access. If it was, then there would be no reason to have passwords.

I have apologized to Brandon in private...and I do hope he accepts that apology. I repeat again that I am not under the influence of Xahar. Mere contact definitely doesn't equal conspiracy.
Again, I'm sorry this turned out this way. There are more people yet to be identified and it becomes more and more painful for me to do so. A lot of these people I trusted and I feel pretty betrayed by them. There's a reason Atlasia is dying, and you and others' actions are not helping the cause.

I don't want to get into a debate about what is responsible for Atlasia's downturn right now, but please....I never did anything with any of the information. It's was an invasion of your privacy, of course, but I haven't been going around parading the wonderful things I found out. I don't have any reason too. Not to mention that I have never taken an anti-RPP course, having endorsed two RPP candidates in this previous general election. Seems like that's something Xahar wouldn't agree to, doesn't it?

I apologize if it meant to sound like you accessed another Atlas forum members account. There has been a breach, but it was Mr. Xahar flaunting this and I am having a hard time believing anyone else's word who claims otherwise. Paint it as witch hunt all you want, but we need to clean this game up or it will die off. No one wants to risk having their accounts accessed without their permission if they get involved here.

It was a dumb thing to do, but I take responsibility for my actions. Concerning Xahar, I have informed Brandon of Xahar's way of getting it, perhaps you (the RPP) can take action on that. I did receive the details from Xahar...but I hope my previous record in Atlasia stands in that I have contributed to and worked for the public.

I prosecuted Xahar without any bias, just as in Benconstine's case. Xahar's case was entirely different, as he actually used and impersonated someone's Atlas account....and if that's not malicious, I don't know what is.

I repeat that my actions were stupid...embarrassing...and against friendly nature in general....but I am not involved in any conspiracy to cause instability within the RPP or Atlasia in general. Quite the contrary, I want to improve this place. I believe ideas can be proposed anywhere...and they should be listened to.

You'll also have noticed that I haven't gone back to the RPP forum since that couple of times....and that was definitely before I had any idea that you had discovered my IP. I hope that perhaps signals that I had no malicious intent.

Sorry anyway.

Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #655 on: February 24, 2009, 11:53:10 AM »

Honestly, why is it so hard for people to be honest in this game?

Considering that you're the ones who run a private forum for plotting, perhaps you could tell us?
If you run such a place, people opposed to you here will, obviously, want to take a look inside it. That is how it has always been here (the RPP forum is hardly the first of its type). You can't demand honesty while you keep such a place. You also can't demand honesty or decent conduct when the security of your plotting forum is provided by a moderator blatently and disgracefully abusing his authority and his position here.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #656 on: February 24, 2009, 12:01:29 PM »

Why is a RPP forum provided? That seems to both favor one party over others while reducing transparency in Atlasia. What is the history behind this?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #657 on: February 24, 2009, 12:18:18 PM »

Honestly, why is it so hard for people to be honest in this game?

Considering that you're the ones who run a private forum for plotting, perhaps you could tell us?
If you run such a place, people opposed to you here will, obviously, want to take a look inside it. That is how it has always been here (the RPP forum is hardly the first of its type). You can't demand honesty while you keep such a place. You also can't demand honesty or decent conduct when the security of your plotting forum is provided by a moderator blatently and disgracefully abusing his authority and his position here.

Oh save it.

Parties in the past have had their own forms and no one cared. We do not plot anything malicious, but we do use  it for planning and party organization for upcoming elections. I have nothing to hide. I have never plotted against someone. This is an issue of privacy. As I've said, please provide me with your password and email so I can just take a look around if it is okay to invade someone else's account because you disagree with what they are doing. I want to make sure you aren't plotting anything in your PMs...... sound ridiculous?

I realize you dislike me and a lot of other people in my party, but as I've said before, do your job and for God sakes don't sit there and defend the other side on this. If hacking becomes alright because its someone you don't like, then we are in a whole heap of trouble. But, if that's the image you want to portray, go right ahead. Let's see your account get hacked and then maybe we'll see some action.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #658 on: February 24, 2009, 12:20:41 PM »

Why is a RPP forum provided? That seems to both favor one party over others while reducing transparency in Atlasia. What is the history behind this?

The RPP has their own forum on Brandon's personal server off this site. We use it for party organization. We do not use it for malicious plotting to overthrow anything. These rumors have been started by Xahar, among others, and have a lot to do with our avatar colors. It has become Xahar's life to hack into it. This practice is not new, however. Parties in the past have had their own forums. Some may dislike it, but it gives them absolutely no right to hack into it. There is nothing forbidding such things in Atlasia.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #659 on: February 24, 2009, 12:31:24 PM »

The RPP has their own forum on Brandon's personal server off this site. We use it for party organization. We do not use it for malicious plotting to overthrow anything. These rumors have been started by Xahar, among others, and have a lot to do with our avatar colors. It has become Xahar's life to hack into it. This practice is not new, however. Parties in the past have had their own forums. Some may dislike it, but it gives them absolutely no right to hack into it. There is nothing forbidding such things in Atlasia.

Oh, so it's like a personal website you guys made? A separate forum completely? Then there is nothing unfair or opaque about that. My apologies.

I would only voice caution on the use of RPP members who are moderators on this forum from using their powers in the way MasterJedi has. What franzl did was clearly wrong, but MasterJedi has misused his power as a moderator in a clearly inappropriate fashion. Being a moderator should mean upholding the rules, but also holding oneself to higher standards. This episode is an embarrassment on all levels and I would hope that all parties could acknowledge such.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #660 on: February 24, 2009, 02:25:03 PM »

We would not have to try to get IP confirmations if people would just respect privacy and stay out of things that are not theirs. The obsession levels shown by Mr. Xahar in this game is downright disturbing. I agree that it isn't right, but hacking and unauthorized access to someone's personal server isn't right either, and is a crime.

I will say Fraznl has handled it very well and I thank him for his conduct. It's going to be a long road to get things back to a respectable base here, but I hope people will join us in that fight. No one here needs to live in fear that their account will be hacked. Franzl was not involved in Atlas hacking, but it is still going on. It needs to be stopped.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #661 on: February 24, 2009, 02:33:22 PM »

I'm not divulging IP addresses at all, I'm just confirming if it's a certain person trying to get in to the site. If it isn't I don't go and tell them the IP address at all. Either way they find out the IP addressed on the RPP forum and I confirm. I'm not giving out IP addresses at all.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #662 on: February 24, 2009, 02:37:17 PM »

I'm not divulging IP addresses at all, I'm just confirming if it's a certain person trying to get in to the site. If it isn't I don't go and tell them the IP address at all. Either way they find out the IP addressed on the RPP forum and I confirm. I'm not giving out IP addresses at all.

I didn't say you are handing them out willy nilly. But you certainly abused your powers as a mod on the Atlas forum to do a favor for someone on a different forum. That is unacceptable and a massive failure of judgment. What franzl did is no better, but you should be more careful about using your status as a mod and certainly must be willing to recognize the error of your actions.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #663 on: February 24, 2009, 02:40:39 PM »

I didn't say you are handing them out willy nilly. But you certainly abused your powers as a mod on the Atlas forum to do a favor for someone on a different forum. That is unacceptable and a massive failure of judgment. What franzl did is no better, but you should be more careful about using your status as a mod and certainly must be willing to recognize the error of your actions.

I know where you're coming from and respect that. Just trying to help secure that board, as well as this one. In the end it's just cleaning up Xahar's mess/loose ends with all that.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #664 on: February 24, 2009, 02:45:21 PM »

Forgive me for jumping in here, but I just have a few things to say.

First to Franzl, it's not okay to log into someone's account no matter where they are. A couple of you are acting like this is somehow the RPP's fault and that's a little ridiculous. Whether I agree with their decision to have a private forum or not, there isn't anything wrong with it and anyone logging in one someone elses' account (I'm assuming without their knowledge) with information from a known hacker and someone who has threatened me on a variety of occasions does not have to right to get upset at anyone else. At the heart of this Franzl breached the security of the private RPP board by using information from a hacker to gain access to someone elses' account.

People seem to be acting a little unfairly to the RPP. There's nothing wrong with a moderator taking a few seconds out of his/her day to check the IP of a user. People are being really aggressive with the RPP and it's not really necessary.

I may as well say it, I was the one that revealed the information to the RPP. I knew Xahar had been breaching their security and wanted to show them that I was a trustworthy individual and someone who cared more about the game than party. Upon checking IPs they discovered an unidentified German IP to which we eventually found you holding. There was also an unidentified Canadian IP that I personally suspect to be Earl.

All of this is because of Xahar getting ahold (however he did) of information and spreading it to various people to repeatedly breach the security of the RPP forum. That type of thing is unacceptable and unbecoming of an Attorney General and I would respectfully request that you resign, quite frankly.

And really, the fact that you have such close ties with Xahar, an unstable, immature, paranoid hacker who has directly threatened me and who I suspect to have plans for some sort of government takeover or operation to destroy Atlasia (he's alluded to this several time) bothers me a great deal.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #665 on: February 24, 2009, 02:49:52 PM »

One other quick thing, if you don't like how this happened you also shouldn't like how we got Xahar because all the info started with the RPP forum and Brandon provided most of the info that eventually led to us confirming what happened there and on this forum. All in the same manner that this was found out.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #666 on: February 24, 2009, 02:50:37 PM »

Not quite sure how often I can repeat my apology.

I've spoken with all affected parties and apologized directly. I've also worked directly with Duke concerning Xahar, and given all relevant information that I was aware of.

I've also considered resigning as AG, and I have offered President Bgwah my resignation and told him to decide whether it would be necessary. I am more than willing to resign as a result of this unfortunate incident.

I do want to state, however, that I will be continuing my campaign for the Senate whether I wind up resigning as AG or not....I believe that while my actions were a very bad idea and worthy of extreme criticism, that all in all, they do not affect my ability to be a Senator or take part in the political process, especially concerning the drafting of a new Atlasian constitution. But I'll leave that up to the voters to decide...I've done everything I could now.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #667 on: February 24, 2009, 03:37:47 PM »

I have accepted Franzl's apology. The advice I gave to him and I'll give to everyone else is stay away from Xahar. He is trouble.

I run a forum on my server that I pay a company to host. All access to the site is logged. (Just like access to this site is, but I'm sure this site get 10,000, maybe even 100,000 more traffic than I do.) When I have reason to believe unauthorized access has taken place, I review the logs. When there were Canadian, Australian, and Californian IPs accessing Ben's account and he lives in Virginia, I knew something strange was going on. Xahar eventually made a big enough mistake where we were sure it was him. Even though he has been banned, he is still trying to cause trouble.

Marokai informed us that Xahar was accessing our site again. So I started checking the logs. I spent at least an hour Sunday night filtering logs and did not talk to Jedi until last night. Pit lives in California, and his account has been accessed from Germany, Canada, and California. Going into cities, we believe Xahar was also one accessing his account. How he got in, we are still investigating.

Maybe we handled this wrong. If we did, I apologize. As an IT Professional, I take security very seriously.

Xahar is nothing but trouble and he is going to get everyone he associates with in trouble. I'm not sure what his obsession is with this game but he has problems and he is going to end up making his problems other people's problems. If the FBI ever breaks into his house I doubt Xahar would hesitate to rat out everyone he shared info with if he thought it would help save his own read end.

One other piece of advice: every time you visit a web site, ftp site, send an e-mail, or use a file sharing service, your IP number is logged (though there are services that go out of their way to hide your IP). That's how the RIAA tracked people and began filing lawsuits. That is how the kid who hacked Sarah Palin's e-mail account got caught (though Palin shouldn't have been using Yahoo for government business). So don't think you are anonymous.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #668 on: February 24, 2009, 03:47:24 PM »

Don't resign.

Secondly, I was notified that there were some concerns over game security and the potential hacking of this site (to do with Atlasia, rather than the forum in general) which was of my utmost concern as a moderator. I was keen on that information being gathered, publicised and dealt with.

However, it transpires that the only hacking was of another forum. If there were any genuine concerns over security issues here they should have been reported privately to moderators. When Jedi was told he should have alerted the other moderators in the Mod's Corner to investigate wha was happening here. It seems nothing did happen, therefore it is an external matter.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #669 on: February 24, 2009, 03:53:11 PM »

Don't resign.

Secondly, I was notified that there were some concerns over game security and the potential hacking of this site (to do with Atlasia, rather than the forum in general) which was of my utmost concern as a moderator. I was keen on that information being gathered, publicised and dealt with.

However, it transpires that the only hacking was of another forum. If there were any genuine concerns over security issues here they should have been reported privately to moderators. When Jedi was told he should have alerted the other moderators in the Mod's Corner to investigate wha was happening here. It seems nothing did happen, therefore it is an external matter.

I agree, but Marokai told me that Xahar showed him a screenshot of his personal PM box as a way to intimidate him (meaning Xahar had gained access to Marokai's Atlas account). I advised him to report it to the moderating team, which he apparently has done.

If that is indeed still going on, then it is the business of people here. This would be the second account Xahar has hacked in the forum. However, there is no way to know for sure unless Dave were to go look at logs, which isn't likely to happen.

However, I have no reason to believe Marokai is being dishonest now, as everything else he's provided us with has been accurate. If Xahar indeed showed him a screenshot of his own PM box, then its likely he's hacked his account as well.

Just be on the lookout. Xahar has already shown he isn't afraid to do anything possible to get an edge in this game. We all have to fight him every step of the way. Brandon and I can't be the only ones who are doing it, or he'll believe what he is doing is alright with the masses.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #670 on: February 24, 2009, 04:01:17 PM »

Don't resign.

I agree, but Marokai told me that Xahar showed him a screenshot of his personal PM box as a way to intimidate him (meaning Xahar had gained access to Marokai's Atlas account). I advised him to report it to the moderating team, which he apparently has done.

If that is indeed still going on, then it is the business of people here. This would be the second account Xahar has hacked in the forum. However, there is no way to know for sure unless Dave were to go look at logs, which isn't likely to happen.

However, I have no reason to believe Marokai is being dishonest now, as everything else he's provided us with has been accurate. If Xahar indeed showed him a screenshot of his own PM box, then its likely he's hacked his account as well.

Just be on the lookout. Xahar has already shown he isn't afraid to do anything possible to get an edge in this game. We all have to fight him every step of the way. Brandon and I can't be the only ones who are doing it, or he'll believe what he is doing is alright with the masses.

Xahar is being dealt with and any breaches recorded. What has probably annoyed most people is the 'outing' of Franzl. He has forced access to another forum (and admitted it), but has done nothing wrong here. I'd rather, as a moderator keep tabs on Xahar Smiley
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #671 on: February 24, 2009, 04:11:40 PM »

Don't resign.

Xahar is being dealt with and any breaches recorded. What has probably annoyed most people is the 'outing' of Franzl. He has forced access to another forum (and admitted it), but has done nothing wrong here. I'd rather, as a moderator keep tabs on Xahar Smiley

Which is why I oppose any resignation on his part. I'm happy that he's helped us to this point learn more about what Xahar is doing behind the scenes. I do believe his story, as he has only breached security a few times and then stopped. It was pretty clear that he wasn't in it for any malicious reasons.

Please understand that I did not know what was going on. We had been told that he was under the influence of Xahar (by Xahar himself), so initially I felt like we had to begin to air this out in order to create some noise of what is going on, especially before Xahar comes off ban in a week.

I didn't happily do it, because, as I said, I do like Franzl quite a bit on the forum. It was/is upsetting to see some of the people who you thought you trusted in on this. Franzl is probably a one time thing, but there are more that are even more upsetting. Of course, we didn't know who is accessing Mr. Marokai's account. Perhaps it was wrong to assume others outside of Xahar was doing it, but as much deception as I've experienced recently, it's hard to know who to trust outside of my inner circle (DWTL, Brandon, Smid, BK, fezzy etc...).

I do reiterate that I hope Franzl will reconsider his resignation of the AG now that we've spoken in private. There is no need for that. I do also repeat Brandon's warning of those who may be in contact with Xahar right now. He is not healthy for this game, nor should he be allowed to return to it and begin some sort of uprising.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #672 on: February 24, 2009, 04:26:33 PM »

I'm happy that he's helped us to this point learn more about what Xahar is doing behind the scenes.

But bear in mind he had no requirement to help you at all, as it was a matter for your forum not ours (and he is not a member of your forum. I also hope no pressure was placed on him). Nor did he have to apologise in anyway to anyone but Brandon in private as a matter of courtesy. This did not have to be brought to this forum and publically embarass the guy - and not in the Atlas or Moderators forum either, but in the fantasy forum.

People do have off forum friendships with Xahar - and he is a skilled manipulator (he made you think for a moment that he had Franzl under his influence) If anything you're in danger of doing that work for him. Please - any concerns about Atlas Forum security please alert to your friendly neighbourhood moderators.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #673 on: February 24, 2009, 04:32:10 PM »

One other quick thing, if you don't like how this happened you also shouldn't like how we got Xahar because all the info started with the RPP forum and Brandon provided most of the info that eventually led to us confirming what happened there and on this forum. All in the same manner that this was found out.
Yes. That was quite beyond several red lines as well.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #674 on: February 24, 2009, 04:34:14 PM »

I'm happy that he's helped us to this point learn more about what Xahar is doing behind the scenes.

But bear in mind he had no requirement to help you at all, as it was a matter for your forum not ours (and he is not a member of your forum. I also hope no pressure was placed on him). Nor did he have to apologise in anyway to anyone but Brandon in private as a matter of courtesy. This did not have to be brought to this forum and publically embarass the guy - and not in the Atlas or Moderators forum either, but in the fantasy forum.

People do have off forum friendships with Xahar - and he is a skilled manipulator (he made you think for a moment that he had Franzl under his influence) If anything you're in danger of doing that work for him. Please - any concerns about Atlas Forum security please alert to your friendly neighbourhood moderators.

Which is why I am grateful that he offered. I'm not manipulating anyone. I'm concerned for this game, but if no one wants to resist this kid, then go ahead and allow him to take over the government as he is planning on doing once he returns. I certainly won't be a part of it, but I guess that doesn't much matter to anyone. The game itself is nearly dead and is a joke, so if the kid gains control, it will just come full circle.

As we speak, he is still claiming Franzl is with him now and he's promised the Prime Minister job if he's successful as his takeover..... I don't know what on earth is wrong with him, but he's got something up his sleeve (but if no one is with him, he won't make it far). Keep an eye out on your accounts is all I am saying.

The moderators tools on this site only go so far. It's obvious Dave is busy with other matters and won't keep an eye on anyone's Atlas account's security.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 69  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies