o hai (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 06:00:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  o hai (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: o hai  (Read 6460 times)
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« on: October 27, 2013, 09:39:44 PM »
« edited: October 27, 2013, 09:58:26 PM by Pacific Council Speaker PJ »

I would also like to apologize for this. While X did PM me a week ago asking about this, I did volunteer to help him and I now realize that was the wrong decision. Up until this point, I had no involvement in strategic registration. I would like to clarify, this was the fault of a couple of Progressives and a Laborite, not the Progressive Union itself. Lumine, butafly, Siren, and other Progressives had nothing to do with this.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 11:48:57 PM »

I am offended I was not included in this grand conspiracy! Sad

Seriously, I have thought about going in there and helping get rid of the few individuals who are embarrassing the Federalist party. Perhaps I have said too much, but that's how I roll.

"Freedom's just another word....." Wink

I cannot load the first page of the thread to find out what is going on here exactly. The real scandal is that I am wasting so much time to try and load it. Tongue

This gets back to what I said before. At some point intensity goes to far and playing to win becomes win by any means necessary and that is not heathy for a political simulation where everything is fake anyway. People will get hurt and people will get pissed and someone will end up throwing up their hands and walking away as a result.

Also I would say that if the PROs are cannabalizing the Pacific to take over the Mideast, I think such will only be hurting the Pacific by restoring the region to its traditional one party domination and at the very least depriving it of activity and interest at a time when it desperately needs all it can get.
PRO has never had the intention of turning the Pacific into a one-party state. All registered Pacifican Progressives were already Pacificans when they registered as Progressives, or were new members.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 10:49:12 PM »
« Edited: October 28, 2013, 11:03:22 PM by Pacific Council Speaker PJ »

1. I am very sorry to all the Federalists who feel as though they were betrayed by PRO. However, I must point out Lumine and Superique had no idea this was even going on. As far as voting for them, your decision should not be changed by this incident.

2. The personal message I sent to Marnetmar never said it was  secret and should he have decided to move to the mideast, it would have been a little obvious when it happened.

3. @ ZuWo: The following American Federalists are not registered in their home state IRL:

Goldwater
Dereich
Jack Enderman
SPC
PiT
MilesC56
Sbane

4. I'd like to clarify that I do not stand by this decision. I once more must apologize to everyone for these actions.

5. One more clarification: This was not strategic registration on the part of PRO. This was strategic registration among pro-choice leftists.

EDIT: I misunderstood a PM.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 11:07:41 PM »

2. The personal message I sent to Marnetmar never said it was  secret and should he have decided to move to the mideast, it would have been a little obvious when it happened.

Huh Then why did you post this?

I don't recall ever receiving a PM from you, would you mind sending it again?

Greetings Smiley

I wanted to ask you to consider re-registering in the Mideast, PJ recommended I talk to some of you guys about this.  This is off-record, meaning don't tell anyone about this invite, even if you trust them.  As you may or may not be aware, the region has recently been re-energized by the abortion debate after the Federalist majority in the Assembly, with the support of Governor ZuWo, tried to ram through a number of harsh restrictions on abortion rights (including a 25 year jail sentence for women who get abortions for reasons other than rape, incest, or to save the life of the mother).  As a Progressive, you'd be a natural ally for the center-left coalition in the region which includes both members of the Progressive Union and reasonable and respectful Laborites.  Most importantly, you'd be a critical vote against the extreme policies the region's Federalists have tried to ram through.  We're gonna make a strong push to take back the Assembly and possibly the Governorship, but we'll need your support!  Thoughts?  Thanks and Dave bless Smiley
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 11:40:16 PM »

1. I am very sorry to all the Federalists who feel as though they were betrayed by PRO. However, I must point out Lumine and Superique had no idea this was even going on. As far as voting for them, your decision should not be changed by this incident.
2. The personal message I sent to Marnetmar never said it was  secret and should he have decided to move to the mideast, it would have been a little obvious when it happened.

It is a natural reaction and one shared by more then just Federalists I would imagine PJ. As I recall there are Pro-Life PROs as well as others who would have issues with it. Of course Lumine and Superique were out of the loop and that is why I actually sympathize greatly with them. I was denied votes as well during the RPP scandals of October 2009, which was stuff I opposed and tried to stop so I know what it is like. That is why a party's members should avoid these kinds of tactics for that reason, because their members will pay the price when it gets exposed and fellow members thus have an obligation to each other to keep things on the up and up.

One of the problems with the Pacific is no one ever has had the patience to build up a competative force there. They always just leave, which in turn makes it more boring and encourages more people to leave. Why would a Progressive Union member want to deprive a region of its own membership after having just come off the closest Regional Senate election in the country involving a Progressive Union member?

3. @ ZuWo: The following American Federalists are not registered in their home state IRL:

Goldwater
Dereich
Jack Enderman
SPC
PiT
MilesC56
Sbane

Atleast three of them are in the same region as their homestates. Dereich and sbane only recently left their home states for other states in the same region. Sbane may even have done it to fill in the gaps on the "Save our States" project thing, but I cannot recall.

PiT and SPC have been in the south for years and have had a strong connection to the place and its history and at the time they left, the Pacific was hardly hospitable territory if you weren't on bgwah's christmas card list.

a. I am also deeply sorry to all Progressives. The ones you have referred to have received my apologies in private.

b. Regardless of the reason, my point is that people don't have to register in their home state. Doesn't Sbane live in Tennessee IRL?
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 12:19:49 AM »

Huh Then why did you post this?

I don't recall ever receiving a PM from you, would you mind sending it again?

Greetings Smiley

I wanted to ask you to consider re-registering in the Mideast, PJ recommended I talk to some of you guys about this.  This is off-record, meaning don't tell anyone about this invite, even if you trust them.  As you may or may not be aware, the region has recently been re-energized by the abortion debate after the Federalist majority in the Assembly, with the support of Governor ZuWo, tried to ram through a number of harsh restrictions on abortion rights (including a 25 year jail sentence for women who get abortions for reasons other than rape, incest, or to save the life of the mother).  As a Progressive, you'd be a natural ally for the center-left coalition in the region which includes both members of the Progressive Union and reasonable and respectful Laborites.  Most importantly, you'd be a critical vote against the extreme policies the region's Federalists have tried to ram through.  We're gonna make a strong push to take back the Assembly and possibly the Governorship, but we'll need your support!  Thoughts?  Thanks and Dave bless Smiley

I recieved the PM from Mr. X, not you.
Ok but my point is, if you didn't receive a PM from me, why did you post this?
PJ recommended I talk to some of you
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2013, 10:00:50 PM »

I never accused PiT, SPC, Enderman, Dereich or anyone else of strategic registration. My only point was that you don't have to be registered in your home state.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2013, 10:26:11 PM »

I never accused PiT, SPC, Enderman, Dereich or anyone else of strategic registration. My only point was that you don't have to be registered in your home state.

How many people were saying that you did?
PiT defended himself and SJoyce defended Dereich and Enderman.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2013, 11:39:46 PM »

No, I meant how many people were saying that you needed to be registered in your home state?

ZuWo:
For a long time there has been a more or less silent agreement in Atlasia that people should register in their real-life homestates. .
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2013, 12:05:05 AM »

No, I meant how many people were saying that you needed to be registered in your home state?

ZuWo:
For a long time there has been a more or less silent agreement in Atlasia that people should register in their real-life homestates. .

Ah, I missed that. Although you should keep in mind that ZuWo doesn't speak for all opponents of strategic registration.
I myself am normally not a fan of strategic registration, and well I have worked to recruit citizens for PRO, I have never told them which region to move to. This occurrence, which I deeply regret, was not party business.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies