Massive tornado just hit Jefferson City, lots of damage reported
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:40:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Massive tornado just hit Jefferson City, lots of damage reported
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Massive tornado just hit Jefferson City, lots of damage reported  (Read 619 times)
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 23, 2019, 12:10:02 AM »
« edited: May 23, 2019, 12:19:45 AM by #TheShadowyAbyss »

Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2019, 12:47:19 AM »

Looks like it might be a really bad one. National Guard has been deployed.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2019, 01:26:08 AM »

Looks like it might be a really bad one. National Guard has been deployed.

I truly feel for the people of Jefferson City. Tornadoes can be so horrific; they're certainly never to be taken lightly. I simply hope that there are no casualties, despite the widespread damage.
Earthling
Netherlands

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2019, 01:28:57 AM »

Thoughts and prayers?
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2019, 01:50:38 AM »

Yeah, that's hilarious. Nothing funnier than people terrified; traumatized; losing their homes and livelihoods and personal possessions; and possibly their very lives or  those of friends, brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers, grandparents, children to a violent, uncontrollable, and unpredictable act of nature that disproportionately harms the most vulnerable.

I just can't stop laughing.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2019, 06:23:51 AM »

Yeah, that's hilarious. Nothing funnier than people terrified; traumatized; losing their homes and livelihoods and personal possessions; and possibly their very lives or  those of friends, brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers, grandparents, children to a violent, uncontrollable, and unpredictable act of nature that disproportionately harms the most vulnerable.

I think he means it. It's really bad. It touches on something else that is a problem but this isn't the time.
Earthling
Netherlands

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2019, 08:37:21 AM »

I think he means it. It's really bad. It touches on something else that is a problem but this isn't the time.

When is the time? After all, it's the first response victims (and their relatives) of shootings get. Most of the time, right after they got shot.

So no, it was not a joke. I am not laughing about victims of disasters. Why would I? But why would that response be inappropriate now when it's standard after a mass shooting? 

PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2019, 09:00:50 AM »

When is the time? After all, it's the first response victims (and their relatives) of shootings get. Most of the time, right after they got shot.

So no, it was not a joke. I am not laughing about victims of disasters. Why would I? But why would that response be inappropriate now when it's standard after a mass shooting? 

Because the phrase indicates that you don’t care about the tragedy and won’t do decisive action to mend this and future wounds. Come on now, this is standard knowledge over here.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2019, 06:45:55 PM »

Stay safe, Midwesterners.
Ye We Can
Mumph

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2019, 06:54:09 PM »

Ah yes, an uncontrollable and unstoppable weather event is on the same level as a mass shooting.

Try harder loser
Earthling
Netherlands

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2019, 10:37:35 PM »

Ah yes, an uncontrollable and unstoppable weather event is on the same level as a mass shooting.

Try harder loser

Snowflake.....

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies