any interest in a freeform election game? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 09:09:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  any interest in a freeform election game? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: any interest in a freeform election game?  (Read 1710 times)
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« on: October 22, 2017, 07:48:40 PM »

The idea is that this would be set in the presidential election of 2048 for the open seat vacated by a populist democratic incumbent. People would make up a politician and their ideology. Each turn, you would determine your campaign strategy, and mild godmodding is encouraged(but nothing physically impossible please). There are no campaign points or money limiting you, just common sense(and my whims). At the end of each turn, I decide on how your strategies affect the political landscape, and produce a 'report' from the perspective of a journalist who just started covering politics.

If you want, you can be a reporter, and any news you make up will affect the race bigly.

The first turn would be set in September 1 of 2047, and each turn would cover a week both in game and IRL.

If this receives sufficient interest, I will post the first update on Saturday next week.
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 09:36:17 PM »
« Edited: October 23, 2017, 09:37:49 PM by Mike Pence »

Now that a few people have expressed interest, I will move to open registration for characters

It should include your character's name, your character's role(politician,journalist, or both), and ideological slant.

Would it be better to have registration be in a separate thread or keep all the meta stuff in here?
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 05:06:53 PM »

Is it too late for joining? What do i do just write down a fictional character

The deadline to be in by the start of the game is Saturday. However, you'll be able to enter until the turn where the first filing deadline for the general election passes.

Yes, or you could choose a very young IRL politician.
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2017, 06:16:26 PM »

I am not able to write the first update right now. I will continue the open registration phase for another week.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies