CPRM, Pt 3: LA 11/6 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 04:14:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CPRM, Pt 3: LA 11/6 (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: CPRM, Pt 3: LA 11/6  (Read 120851 times)
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #75 on: September 14, 2018, 02:47:23 AM »
« edited: September 14, 2018, 07:19:26 AM by smoltchanov »

Oh ffs, cut it out you two. This is a stupid debate that's going nowhere.

Which debate? I thought this was a friendly discussion of NY politics. Or has this place changed to the point where any disagreement on any matter is prohibited? Is one now only supposed to say things like "thank you very much for a profound and thoughtful argument you have provided"? I am trying to give this place another chance, but, it seems, at this point, anything beyond trivialities an pablum is frowned upon here.

Not everyone has enough brains and tact for "friendly discussion". Not everyone can argue his/her feelings. Not everyone is taught to respect an opinion of other people, even when it's fundumentally different from it's own. And so on. The list is very long...
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #76 on: September 14, 2018, 07:23:15 AM »

Oh ffs, cut it out you two. This is a stupid debate that's going nowhere.

Which debate? I thought this was a friendly discussion of NY politics. Or has this place changed to the point where any disagreement on any matter is prohibited? Is one now only supposed to say things like "thank you very much for a profound and thoughtful argument you have provided"? I am trying to give this place another chance, but, it seems, at this point, anything beyond trivialities an pablum is frowned upon here.

No, hes right, this has gone no where from where we started. There is no point in arguing with someone who fundamentally wont listen.

Well, frankly speaking, as far as i can deduce from our "discussions" - you don't like to listen attentively to other people arguments either. And i am to blame too: it's rare cases, when opponent's arguments convince me....)))).It's generally in people's nature. As i often say - only one opinion is critically important to me - my own..
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #77 on: September 14, 2018, 07:47:23 AM »

Thanks, Brittain! You are right as in most cases. Though, with primary season being over, this thread may be reasonably locked in some future - we have little to discuss between now and GE: mostly only polls and spending numbers.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #78 on: September 14, 2018, 08:55:32 AM »

I remember when Peter Valesky was elected as a reformist in the start of the backlash to George W. Bush.

He WAS a reformist. But - pragmatically moderate reformist, rather then radical. Back then it wasn't neccessary to belong to radical faction to be one. May be it's because polarization was much lower...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies