Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 11:56:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 29
Author Topic: Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma  (Read 373418 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: March 14, 2010, 09:26:02 PM »

Have you talked about how many kids you will have?

We haven't gotten that far, yet.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #301 on: March 14, 2010, 09:31:47 PM »

What about what their names will be, and what birthdays you're aiming for?  Have you figured out what pre-school you would like to send your kids to yet?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #302 on: March 14, 2010, 09:33:00 PM »

The way we're talking, she's going to be ready for a proposal sooner than she thinks.  The only thing hindering us now is she knows she wants this, but isn't sure she's quite ready for it, yet.  The way she's talking, I think she's almost ready, but just doesn't want to admit it quite yet.  I'm planning a May or June proposal.  I'm leaning more toward mid to late May because I am going to want some news to share when I go on my New Mexico vacation Memorial Day weekend to visit my great aunt and mom's cousins and my second cousins.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #303 on: March 14, 2010, 09:34:21 PM »

The way we're talking, she's going to be ready for a proposal sooner than she thinks.  The only thing hindering us now is she knows she wants this, but isn't sure she's quite ready for it, yet.  The way she's talking, I think she's almost ready, but just doesn't want to admit it quite yet.  I'm planning a May or June proposal.  I'm leaning more toward mid to late May because I am going to want some news to share when I go on my New Mexico vacation Memorial Day weekend to visit my great aunt and mom's cousins and my second cousins.

How many pets are you thinking about when you two move in together?  One dog one cat?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #304 on: March 14, 2010, 09:37:53 PM »

The way we're talking, she's going to be ready for a proposal sooner than she thinks.  The only thing hindering us now is she knows she wants this, but isn't sure she's quite ready for it, yet.  The way she's talking, I think she's almost ready, but just doesn't want to admit it quite yet.  I'm planning a May or June proposal.  I'm leaning more toward mid to late May because I am going to want some news to share when I go on my New Mexico vacation Memorial Day weekend to visit my great aunt and mom's cousins and my second cousins.

How many pets are you thinking about when you two move in together?  One dog one cat?

Most likely as she is inseperable from her dog and i am inseperable from my cat.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #305 on: March 14, 2010, 09:53:02 PM »

"Great news everyone! I spoke with Tiffany about how many kids we would like to have and she's AGREED about four. And we also AGREED that first boy will be called Brad Henry! This was so WONDERFUL that we can unserstand each other so well!"
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #306 on: March 16, 2010, 06:20:04 PM »

EASY BOY!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #307 on: March 16, 2010, 06:46:19 PM »

We haven't gone any farther than the honeymoon, yet.  Kids are probably at least a couple years after that.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #308 on: March 16, 2010, 06:48:33 PM »

We haven't gone any farther than the honeymoon, yet.  Kids are probably at least a couple years after that.

"Oh no! We had our first argue today. I wanted out sweet, CUTE newly-born daughter Jeri Askins, but she wanted her to be named Mary Fallin and cries, so I had to agree. But I still LOVE her."
CubOB
ChrisOB

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -7.13

« Reply #309 on: March 16, 2010, 08:18:16 PM »

At this rate, I fully expect you to propose in the next week or two! Weren't you originally waiting until at least September or something?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #310 on: March 16, 2010, 09:01:08 PM »

The way we're talking, she's going to be ready for a proposal sooner than she thinks.  The only thing hindering us now is she knows she wants this, but isn't sure she's quite ready for it, yet.  The way she's talking, I think she's almost ready, but just doesn't want to admit it quite yet.  I'm planning a May or June proposal.  I'm leaning more toward mid to late May because I am going to want some news to share when I go on my New Mexico vacation Memorial Day weekend to visit my great aunt and mom's cousins and my second cousins.

At this rate, I fully expect you to propose in the next week or two! Weren't you originally waiting until at least September or something?

I would love to propose in the next week or two, but I don't even have a ring, yet.  We were going to go out this Saturday and get it, but it's supposed to snow with 50 mph winds and highs in the 30s on Saturday, so we may have to wait until next Saturday.  While I think she will be ready sooner than she thinks, I'm not sure she's ready right now.  So, I'm going to wait until May or June.  It will be hard, but it will be good, because there are some things I need to do in my own life in the next two months.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #311 on: March 16, 2010, 09:03:34 PM »

Shouldn't the ring be something you get without consulting her?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #312 on: March 16, 2010, 09:20:34 PM »

Shouldn't the ring be something you get without consulting her?

Generally, yes, but this is going to be a somewhat non-traditional process.  For one, the groom's parents are going to pay for most of it, not the bride's mother.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #313 on: March 16, 2010, 10:35:29 PM »

You do realize that you have now moved up the proposal date from October to July 4th to sometime in June to now May?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #314 on: March 16, 2010, 11:06:15 PM »

This will be a great test for me and since we're just starting out as friends, not even technically BF/GF, we won't be tempted to go too fast.

Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #315 on: March 16, 2010, 11:07:35 PM »

Morden, maybe you should create an Intrade page for this. 
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #316 on: March 16, 2010, 11:14:48 PM »

Morden, maybe you should create an Intrade page for this. 

I would, but I can't in good conscience take bets on potential disaster befalling a member of Atlas.  OTOH, I guess I could forbid bets against the wedding happening, and just take bets on the timing, assuming it happens.  Hmmm......I don't know.  I'm not sure BushOK would be OK w/ a thread titled "Guess what month BushOK gets married".
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #317 on: March 17, 2010, 07:56:24 PM »

Rev:

There's not a thing in the world I can say that hasn't already been said by half the posters on this thread to convince you to SLOW DOWN, is there?

<sigh> Didn't think so.....
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #318 on: March 19, 2010, 06:58:33 PM »

Unfortunately, I had to cancel my weekend with her thanks to a BLIZZARD that is moving in.  It was 72 degrees today and we're expecting about a foot or more of SNOW tomorrow with 50 mph winds from 7:00 am Saturday to 8:00 am Sunday.  Its starting off as rain and thunderstorms right now which is cooling off the air and ground.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #319 on: March 20, 2010, 03:25:15 PM »

We are planning to go shopping next Saturday (was supposed to be today, if it weren't for the snow), and that shopping is for the ring.  She won't get the ring on her finger until late May or June, but we are going to purchase it next weekend.
CubOB
ChrisOB

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -7.13

« Reply #320 on: March 20, 2010, 07:18:40 PM »

We are planning to go shopping next Saturday (was supposed to be today, if it weren't for the snow), and that shopping is for the ring.  She won't get the ring on her finger until late May or June, but we are going to purchase it next weekend.
Why are you doing this together? Maybe you could just find out her ring size, and go get a nice ring so it'll be a surprise for her.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #321 on: March 20, 2010, 07:33:29 PM »

Why are you doing this together? Maybe you could just find out her ring size, and go get a nice ring so it'll be a surprise for her.

She doesn't like suprises and she told me in February she wanted to go with me to pick out the ring, so I must take her with me if I want to avoid sleeping in the doghouse immediately after we get married next April. Cheesy
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #322 on: March 20, 2010, 07:58:49 PM »

So the wedding date is next April?  lol

Like I said, Toyota approves.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #323 on: March 20, 2010, 08:06:53 PM »

So the wedding date is next April?  lol

Like I said, Toyota approves.

Yes, we are looking at probably Saturday, April 2, 2011 so it can still be in the Easter season which is 3 weeks later, without intruding too much on Easter.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #324 on: March 20, 2010, 08:15:36 PM »

How soon after that can we except divorce installment?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 29  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies